"Frasier" Suffers Heart Attacknin Hawaii

I'm glad he made it through it, I wonder if the drugs over the years weakened his heart.

I love Kelsey Grammar. Used to watch him on Cheers and on Frasier. I didn't really like his new show with Patricia Heaton (although I really like her, too)!

Maybe, there are heart problems in his family. I hope that he will be okay.

I go to sleep with Frasier on every night. I have seen them all time after time but they are still funny to me! Hope he will be okay. That's the bad thing about heart attacks, they sneak up on you when you least expect them.

Oh no. Kelsey Grammar. He was just on Jimmy Kimmel recently. He looked good. His daughter is a good little actress as well. Spencer Grammar I think her name is.

There's people that never touched a drug in their life die from heart attacks young. He had a sister that was brutally murdered many years ago and his family went through hell. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I go to sleep with Frasier on every night. I have seen them all time after time but they are still funny to me! Hope he will be okay. That's the bad thing about heart attacks, they sneak up on you when you least expect them.

I watch Frasier every night before bed too cc! I love that show. He and Niles keep me in stitches. :woohoo:

if i was going to have the big one, i'd rather have it on vacation

I ponder if the ongoing highly elevated SO2 emissions from Kilauea played a part. Halema`uma`u crater popped open a vent a few months ago and when the trade winds die down, emissions get so bad that health advisories are put in place... parts of the Big Island have had to close down a few times due to it (namely Volcanoes National Park... I think it was in April when things got so bad, they spoke of evacuating the villages near there). Where his house is in Kona, is on the side of the island that tends to have great weather due to the trade winds, but when they die out the VOG (which carries the emissions) has been awful, so Kona has been in and out of the advisories... when one is in place, people with health issues are advised to avoid outdoor activity. I ponder if this could have exacerbated his issue...

I live in Kona and I haven't read anything about vog and heart attacks. People are more concerned with lung ailments. Actually the trade winds bring the vog into the Kona area. We would prefer Kona winds which blow the vog to other parts of the state!

I'm not sure where Kelsey Grammer's home is, but I would guess out by the resorts in South Kohala. The farther north you go on the western side of the island, the better the air quality.

Interesting to note that the original article is titled "Kelsey Grammer" but here at Websleuths it's "Frasier".

Interesting to note that the original article is titled "Kelsey Grammer" but here at Websleuths it's "Frasier".

He will always be Frasier to me. I loved him in Cheers and on Frasier, although on that one Niles was my favorite character. I can't beleive I watched this man for 20 yrs or maybe even more and this is the first time I'm reading about drugs!! I never knew he had a drug problem....I'm glad he pulled through though. I hope he can get a third successful sitcom someday.

I live in Kona and I haven't read anything about vog and heart attacks. People are more concerned with lung ailments. Actually the trade winds bring the vog into the Kona area. We would prefer Kona winds which blow the vog to other parts of the state!

I'm not sure where Kelsey Grammer's home is, but I would guess out by the resorts in South Kohala. The farther north you go on the western side of the island, the better the air quality.

Kona is like heaven on earth for me... hope to be back there in the next few weeks... so I try to keep apprised of things via the news and the volcano reports. I was under the impression (via the USGA) that the trade winds kept the SO2 level down for the island. Lung issues can exacerbate heart ailments... so that was my ponderance for Mr. Grammar. Hopefully he will be okay... news reports are saying he will be out of the hospital by the end of the week.

I hope by the time I get your way the vog won't be so bad... I love a good evening of sitting out on the rocks photographing clear Kona sunsets (I chase the green flash...). :D

Elphaba,
Today is sunny and "relatively" clear. The vog is visible but not too bad. Here are a couple websites you might enjoy looking at.
This is a webcam at Halemaumau crater. If you view it when it's night time here, there is usually an orange glow at the vent.
http://hvo.wr.usgs.gov/cam3/

This shows the SO2 level. It's updated daily and it's interesting to see how the winds blow it around.
http://gp16.ssd.nesdis.noaa.gov/pub/OMI/OMISO2/hawaii.html#End

I hope you enjoy your trip.

I just love this guy. I hope he will be alright. Welcome to the forum lucky181!

```````
Sensitive groups" are children and those with pre-existing respiratory conditions such as asthma, emphysema, bronchitis, and chronic lung or heart disease.
http://co.hawaii.hi.us/cd/emissions_brochure.pdf

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back