Pictured: World's oldest mother out with her 3-year-old

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
With her wrinkled features and frail form, she might be a great-grandmother taking her favourite granddaughter's little girl to the park.

But Adriana Iliescu, who celebrated her 70th birthday on Saturday, is actually a first time mum, proudly spending every waking moment with her three-year-old child.

She supports herself and daughter Eliza on her £250 a month pension and some extra money she makes from working part time as a university professor.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1023792/The-girl-mummy-aged-70-says-lot-give.html

I know on the face of it, this article is mean. in reality, what this woman has done is appalling, IMO.

she didn't think of the child at all. :furious:

Wow.
I don't know what to think about this woman.
She is only a few years younger than my grandma who has health issues but completely able to raise a child.
But at the same time, this woman has no support system other than a doctor who may or may not be in this childs life and a small pension.

She loves this child, that is obvious yet the child spends a lot of time in the daycare while mom works then RELAXES.

I just don't know. :confused:

Her daughter is beautiful. It's sad that she's lonely but it sounds like the village is helping her to raise her child.

Floh, I have to agree with you. Who will raise this child when she is gone. Seventy year old women should not be having babies!

Very very selfish lady :(

pixie- the part about her daughter spending time at day care while she works then relaxes is unfortunately common among all ages of moms. I worked at a daycare as my first job and we had many children that would be dropped off first thing in the morning and they would be picked up at the latest time possible. It broke my heart that they would not want to spend time with their kids and would go home and nap or run errands when they could have picked up their kids and spent time with them and taken their children with them. If I had to work all day I would want to pick them up as soon as I could.

The little girl is cute! I believe this woman was way too old to bring a child into this world.

I know this doesn't sound very nice, but this woman hasn't aged well at all. I know women who are in their 80's that look so much younger than this woman.

First of all, what is on that woman's head?????

Anyway, I agree that she's very selfish. I agree that at 70 she still has a lot to give, but then why not volunteer time to children already here who need parents and grandparents? Why create a child who will one day add to that group?

What on earth made her decide to wait until she was 66 to have a baby?

I can tell you from first hand experience having older parents who die young is very hard on a child. I lost both of my parents at a young age, and I am an only child.

Just because it's now possible for an older woman to conceive doesn't make it RIGHT.

I think it's a very self centered thing for a woman of this age to have a child. IMHO

Gosh, and I thought I was old having dd at 37. At least I have alot of family support and dd has cousins who adore her.

She sure waited a long time to become a mother, with that said I think she is very selfish to have a baby at that age. That child will miss out on doing a lot of mother daughter things becuase the woman is too old. Its a shame but you know I guess as long as she loves her and treats her good thats all that matters which is more than we can say for a whole lot of mothers in their 20s and 30s lately.

The little girl is cute! I believe this woman was way too old to bring a child into this world.

I know this doesn't sound very nice, but this woman hasn't aged well at all. I know women who are in their 80's that look so much younger than this woman.

I was thinking the same thing. What in the world possesses doctors who assist people like this - honestly, this is ridiculous. Why do some people think that they can change the choices that they themselves made at someone else's expense (i.e. the child). She didn't have a child - her choice - so she brings one into the world at that age? And has a major feud with her entire family and has no friends or partner besides? What in the world will happen to the child when she checks out! She doesn't look that healthy to me. My mom is 76 and she looks ten times better than this! I think she should start smoking and drinking or something...jeez:crazy:

Eve

I think I can sum up all of this in one word: creepy.

why are people cutting her on how she looks ? also she probably has thought things out and has someone who will look after the baby ? ...she may be selfish but at least the child is alive . there are younger mothers who abuse thier kids .. at least this little girl knows love .. and flame me all you want ..this is my opinion and i have a right to post it lol

why are people cutting her on how she looks ? also she probably has thought things out and has someone who will look after the baby ? ...she may be selfish but at least the child is alive . there are younger mothers who abuse thier kids .. at least this little girl knows love .. and flame me all you want ..this is my opinion and i have a right to post it lol

I commented on her wig, not necessary her!!

I commented on her wig, not necessary her!!
oh rofl ... nevermind me im having a bad day . and work is starting to really suck there is SO much backstabbing there .. blah i need a good stiff drink .

oh rofl ... nevermind me im having a bad day . and work is starting to really suck there is SO much backstabbing there .. blah i need a good stiff drink .

I'm sorry you're having a bad day!!!! Hang in there. Day's almost half over, right!!!!

She just looks too old and feeble to be birthin babies! And she made that choice - she's a professor, supposedly educated, but not too smart, imo. She's not going to be able to keep up with this child the next 15 years, will she? I feel bad for the child! Plus she says she's not speaking to anyone in the family. How isolating for a child - having an elderly mom and no one else. She chose this situation for the child, it didn't just "happen." That's what I find weird.

Eve

It looks like she's thought out the future and she's right about how people can die at any age. She looks like she had a hard life. Hope things go well for her and her daughter.

Jeanna,

too funny, I thought the exact same thing when I saw the picture, 'what the heck is on her head?'

My gosh she is older than my mom!! I just can't see this woman doing all the things that a child would be blessed to do with a mom.

J.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back