IL - Cornel McKinney, 35, killed by wife's ex-husband, Chicago, 17 Feb 2008

golfmom

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
This is Just soooo typical. No charges were filed because he was a Chicago Police Officer and it was ASSUMED he was defending himself. Anyone else would have been arrested for shooting someone 24 TIMES as per the coroner, but the LE is claiming only four! The woman has no filed a wrongful death lawsuit, that seems to be the only way to get justice.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-off-duty-cop-shooting-bothjun04,0,1853810.story

Nicole McKinney's lawyer said Christopher Lloyd came to the home McKinney shared with her husband, Cornel, and their four children in the 6100 block of South Langley Avenue in Chicago on Feb. 17. After a quarrel in the front yard, Lloyd, Nicole McKinney's ex-husband, is said to have shot and killed Cornel McKinney.

Lloyd was released shortly after the incident under the assumption that he had acted in self-defense, said Rahsaan Gordon, Nicole McKinney's lawyer. But information in a Cook County medical examiner's report casts doubt on whether he was defending himself.

According to an article posted on the WBBM-TV's Web site the day after the shooting, Chicago police said Cornel McKinney was shot four times. The medical examiner's report states that McKinney was shot 24 times.

Dang, GM there's a huge difference between 4 and 24. That's some defense.

That's sad now this woman has to mourn her husband plus deal with the controversy, and raise kids alone.

That's sad now this woman has to mourn her husband plus deal with the controversy, and raise kids alone.

Crazy isn't it? When is the last time you heard of an ex-husband shooting and no arrest made? It just isn't done. :crazy:

This is just one murder , I think if we knew half the stuff the police got away it would be scary.

I think what will happen next is all the cornors record will be lost!

How many times did he have to load his gun?

Good question Swanniee!

:waitasec:
4 vs 24 ??? Huge difference....
I think an outside agency needs to come in and do the investigation....

Why did they consider it self-defense? Did the other man have a weapon of any sort?

I'm really having trouble understanding how it was self-defense. And wow. If the coroner's report is right and it was 24!! times? :eek::waitasec:

Why did they consider it self-defense? Did the other man have a weapon of any sort?

I'm really having trouble understanding how it was self-defense. And wow. If the coroner's report is right and it was 24!! times? :eek::waitasec:

LE reported that the man did have a gun, but LE also reported that only four shots were fired ....

LE reported that the man did have a gun, but LE also reported that only four shots were fired ....

Ok, thanks! I guess I just didn't read the article closely enough the first time.

And you make a good point!

Lloyd was released shortly after the incident under the assumption that he had acted in self-defense,
:mad::furious::banghead:
He's no different than Bobby Cutts.:furious:

Bet they say they just mis-typed and left out the "2".:rolleyes:

Imagine how much more the ex's ego is inflated, now that he knows that she knows he got away with murder. Wanna bet how long it will be until he offs her?

DrewP's probably giving this dude a big "atta-boy" right now.

Susan

it is probably 4 not 24

but hey 4 is still alot, its 4 to many

My X use to be a cop, I always worried about something like this happening. He would tell me he could get away with it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back