GA GA - Elaine Nix, 18, Gainesville, 20 Sept 1999

findcarrie

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.findcarrieculberson.com
Elaine Nix from Gainesville, GA was discovered missing on 9-20-99 and her body was later discovered 9-29-99. Her killer has never been found and her family cant seem to find anybody to help take a closer look into the case. If you have a few minutes, take a look at her website created by a friend of the family.

www.geocities.com/elainenix1999

How sad, I will never understand why some cases get so much publicity and others get next to none. Life is unfair.

This is just heartbreaking, I feel for her family, what I don't understand is the lack of investigation there seems to be on this case.

Elaine Nix's friend told me that on September 29th they are going to have a vigil at her gravesite to remember Elaine. It will five years since Elaine was missing and then found dead. Her murder remains unsolved. If you live near the area where Elaine vanished, please consider coming out there and joining us for the vigil.

Also please visit Elaine's site to read more about her.
www.geocities.com/elainenix1999

In a little less than three months, Elaine Nix would have turned 25 years old. But six years ago, someone or something saw to it that she would never reach her 19th birthday.

On Sept. 29, 1999, Nix was found dead in a wooded area at an industrial park in Buford, two miles from the Hall County line. Her body showed no signs of rape or torture.

Family members and friends plan to meet at 7 p.m. Thursday at Memorial Park Funeral Home to hold a candlelight vigil in her memory, an annual gathering since the teenager's mysterious death.

Nix disappeared after midnight Sept. 21, 1999. She was seen last at a pay phone at Zack's Food Rack on Candler Road in South Hall. Authorities say phone records indicate she spent nearly an hour on the phone with her former boyfriend, Bobby Millwood of Cleveland.

Elaine's 1986 Toyota Celica was found later that night at the convenience store with the keys in the ignition and the engine still warm.

After her body was found, an autopsy revealed no obvious injuries or signs of sexual assault. Nix's cause of death still is undetermined.
http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/news/stories/20050925/localnews/20222.shtml

So let me get this straight... she spent an hour on the phone with her FORMER boyfriend right before she was found dead. So,, was HE investigated or not??? And, you mean to tell me there was an autopsy but they could not find a cause of death.....? Well, people just don't randomly go into the woods, take their clothes off, and die for no reason. Something is not right here.

Bumping the Jacqueline Elaine Nix case up. Anyone know of any new developments?

Atlanta Private Investigator wants to solve six year old homicide with the public's help.

March 27, 2006 Government News
(PRLEAP.COM) Atlanta, Georgia

Local Private Investigator, Hal Lowder is looking for any resources to help solve the homicide of Elaine Nix, six years ago. "We would like to place billboards with Elaine’s picture near the area she was last seen and near the area where her body was found." states Lowder. "We are also looking for any media resources such as radio or televison ads or anyone that would be interested in helping with expenses in the case. Also, there was a reward at one time, but the donors have now rescinded the offer."

Lowder, who works for the Nix family has donated his time and resources to the investigation, but can only do so much. "We really want to bring this case back to the memory of the community, any way we can; through flyers, billboards, print media, radio or television."

A September evening, six years ago was the last time David and Becky Nix saw their beloved daughter Jacqueline Elaine Nix. Elaine was last seen using a pay phone near Gainesville, Georgia. Phone records prove that she was on the phone with her boyfriend from 11:10 PM to 12:10 AM. Her vehicle was located next to the pay phone with the keys in the ignition.. Nine days later, Elaine was found in a wooded area in an industrial park located near Buford, GA. Her lifeless body was found completely nude with no visible signs of any rape or torture. Elaine was last seen wearing white T-shirt, khaki pants, and blue and white tennis shoes, these articles were never found. The Gwinnett County Police Department is investigating her death as a homicide.

Anyone with information is urged to contact the Gwinnett County Police Department of Criminal Investigation Division at 770-513-5300 or Hal Lowder with Eagle Watch Investigations at 770-287-7694 or eaglewatch@bellsouth.net.

Killer On The Loose In Northeast Georgia For Seven Years

Investigators, family searching for resolution in the 1999 dissapearance and death of yet another Atlanta young girl.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PRLog (Press Release) – Aug 25, 2006 – September 20, 1999 was the last time David and Becky Nix saw their beloved daughter Jacqueline Elaine Nix. Elaine was last seen using a pay phone at Zack's Food Rack on Candler Highway (Hwy 60), near Gainesville, Georgia. On September 29, 1999 Elaine was found in a wooded area in an industrial park located at 3131 Verona Avenue in Buford, Georgia in the Rest Haven area off of Atlanta Highway, (Hwy 13) in Gwinnett County.

In January, 2005 he Family of Elaine Nix authorized Atlanta private investigator Hal Lowder, Jr. to assist in locating any information about the disappearance of Elaine. Lowder has worked on the case for two years, at no charge to the family reviewing information, leads and interviewing family, friends and anyone that may have information in the disappearance and death of Elaine. “The sad part of this case, states Lowder is the lack of attention the community has given to this case.” “Elaine was your average teenager from a normal average family; sometimes in these cases, if the family is not very well known or if the case does not have all of the components to attract a large media audience, they sort of fly under the radar unnoticed. Unfortunately it has not garnered the attention of some of the high profile cases and we do not have all of the resources to advertise on billboards, print flyers and keep this case in the eye of the community.”

Lowder also points out that even though there is apparently a lot of missing clues and evidence in the case, there are still things to work with. One thing is where the body was found. “The location of where Elaine’s body was left is very significant. It was in an isolated industrial park. This is not an area that you just stumble on to. The location is very significant; the person or persons involved had to be familiar in some way with this area. They were looking to get rid of a body; you are not going to ride around very long looking for a place to hide the body. The perpetrator had to know something about that area,” “There are other things to look at as well, states Lowder; victimlogy, what was it that made Elaine a victim? “

Lowder also believes that more than one person has knowledge of how Elaine died. “Someone knows something out there, and we owe it to the family to find out.” “We need the community to get behind this case and give the family some kind of resolution.” A memorial service for Elaine has been scheduled for September 29 at Memorial Park Cemetery in Gainesville at 7 PM.

For more information contact Hal Lowder, Jr., 770-287-7694 or eaglewatch@bellsouth.net

I have emailed the private investigator and invited him to join here.

I don't know if he is still working this case or not but it is worth a try.

GAINESVILLE - For the ninth year, friends and family of Jacqueline Elaine Nix gathered at her grave site at Memorial Park Funeral Home in Gainesville at sunset Monday evening to remember her and hope for closure in her unsolved murder.

Jennifer Boyd, friend of Elaine Nix, vowed once again never to give up hope that the case would be solved, that an arrest would lead to a conviction.

�We�re not going to give up,� Boyd said at graveside. �Until I leave this earth and meet Elaine, that�s when I�ll give up.�

Nix was nearly 19 years old when she went missing in Gainesville Sept. 20, 1999; her body was found nine days later in Gwinnett County.

Nix disappeared from Zack's Food Rack on Candler Road in Gainesville; her nude body was found nine days later behind an industrial building in Gwinnett County.

The mourners released balloons with cards bearing Nix� photograph; her father David Nix prayed the person who killed his daughter would be brought to justice and pondered how he would feel when and if that day comes.

�Relief that this person is no longer out there and won�t hurt anybody else,� Nix said.

Nix said he hopes continuing public awareness about his daughter's slaying may still lead to an arrest.

Boyd said the family and friends still don�t know the facts surrounding the homicide, including the exact cause of death.

Boyd added there was a $10,000 reward, but one of the foundations (Carole Sund/Carrington Memorial Reward Foundation) that put up $5,000 took it away because the case remained unsolved.

Thank you for contacting me. I have heard of the forum…but I have not spent any time there. I would love to come by and comment on the case. I have worked on this case Pro Bono in my spare time. I feel that Elaine did not get the justice that she deserves. The government dropped the ball big time on this case; there were some jurisdictional issues and posturing from the political powers that did not help. I feel that time/evidence was lost due to this. Anyway, that is water under the bridge, my goal is to follow any leads and pass them onto the LEO’s as I can. Every time we get media attention, I get calls and possible leads. Some have been false, nut cases and we even had a false confession that was made maliciously to discredit someone in the community. I have not been in contact w/ the family/friends in quite some time, but I still work on this case in some capacity pretty regularly. I hate telling the family everything because so much is rumor, speculation and just outright lies. I try not to expose them to all of that “stuff”.

I still have several theories myself…..these include 3 persons of interest, but need to be proven. Of course, the boyfriend was interviewed right away, by one jurisdiction but they say he was cleared. Another theory I want to pursue is Gary Hilton….I believe he is a serial killer and he is familiar w/ our area due to his former occupation. He also was in Gainesville trying to use an ATM the night he had Meredith w/ him. I would like to know if he ever sold siding in the area that Elaine lived in as it was a new subdivision. I am following up on that as well. I also have one other theory that I would just like to keep to myself for right now.

There are other theories out there that I have followed up on, some are pretty weak, but I do follow all of them up.

At one time, I had a web site dedicated to Elaine, but due to lack of funding, we had to let it go. My goal is to bring as much publicity to this case as I can. I would like to establish a fund and possibly get some help from local billboard companies in the area and establish some type of reward. It is also hard to cover my own expenses and I do what I can. This has been a very frustrating case…..I KNOW that it is a solvable case, the family and I do not have much access to case files, because an open case is protected from FOIA requests. I have accumulated a lot of evidence just from interviews, etc….. Right now I feel that the biggest clue I have is the location that the body was left. When someone is trying to dispose of a body or are in “crisis” mode they revert to instinct. This location was just not somewhere that you would “happen” across and dump her body. I feel that the person that left her there is familiar w/ that location because it has been used for years as an illegal trash dump, parking area, etc…… I feel that I should be able to connect the person or persons to that location.

Sorry for the long e-mail, thank you for your interest I will get over to websleuths and take a look. Do you have a thread dedicated to Elaine? As I can, I would be glad to comment or answer questions over there. Feel free to use any of this e-mail if you would like.

Hal Lowder
Hal Lowder, President
Eagle Watch Investigations, Inc.

No signs of injury - No bullet holes or stab wounds to the body and she wasn't sexually assaulted either. Could she have been strangled?

Was anyone interviewed as far as employees at the store location where she was using the payphone?

I wonder if she was subdued by the murderer or was she lured?

There is not alot of info as far as evidence found, I'm wondering if she struggled and possibly could have gotten some dna from the murderer under her nails.

Nix disappeared after midnight Sept. 21, 1999. She was seen last at a pay phone at Zack's Food Rack on Candler Road in South Hall. Authorities say phone records indicate she spent nearly an hour on the phone with her former boyfriend, Bobby Millwood of Cleveland.

As all the facts about Elaine's whereabouts leading up to this aren't available, I have to wonder why she would call the former boyfriend from a payphone?

Elaine's 1986 Toyota Celica was found later that night at the convenience store with the keys in the ignition and the engine still warm.

Is Zacks Food Rack a convenience store and if so is this where they found her car?

I think there is some confusion here about the boyfriend. I think she was talking to her boyfriend but an article referred to him as her former boyfriend, meaning he was her boyfriend at the time but not now. So now some people think she was talking to an EX on the phone but she wasnt. Just trying to clear this up!

I have emailed the private investigator and invited him to join here.

I don't know if he is still working this case or not but it is worth a try.

Thats excellent, well done:clap:

So one other thing I can't understand is how no cause of death could be determined? it's not like she had been missing for years before being found, but i'm not expert. What do you all think?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back