Man jumps from plane with no parachute

graybar hotel

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Man jumps from plane with no parachute, dies

DUANESBURG, N.Y. - A 29-year-old man leaped out of a plane at 10,000 feet with a camera but no parachute Saturday. His body was found next to a house with a damaged roof, police said.

Sloan Carafello of Schenectady, who was observing on the flight, followed an instructor, student and videographer out the door, wearing no skydiving gear, officials said.

Read on at link:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25024995/

Police said they did not suspect foul play but would not elaborate.

I wonder why not?

My dad always said only tow things "fall" from the sky...dumb $hit and Bird $hit. I suspect he was the first of the two:purplebananna:

Police said they did not suspect foul play but would not elaborate.

I wonder why not?
Obviously it was a suicide, right? If no foul play was involved, it was a suicide.

Or accident.
How could it be an accident? He forgot to put the pack on?? It would have to be the first time that ever happened in history.

That would be like going deep sea diving and forgetting to put on the oxygen tank.

How could it be an accident? He forgot to put the pack on?? It would have to be the first time that ever happened in history.

That would be like going deep sea diving and forgetting to put on the oxygen tank.

I thought he was supposed to be intending to photograph them from the plane all along and was never going to make a jump.

I thought he was supposed to be intending to photograph them from the plane all along and was never going to make a jump.
okay, I am guilty of not reading the whole article. You might be right... I will read. :insert embarrassed smiley here: .

Robert Rawlins, pilot and owner of the Duanesburg Skydiving Club, said he was flying the single-engine plane and had begun to close the door when Carafello jumped.
That seems pretty cut and dry. Unless Rawlins has some sort of relationship with the deceased, prior to this. It looks suicidal to me.

I read this article earlier today and suicide was my first thought. I still think that.

I'm thinking suicide too!!!!:Banane15:

Actually this is not the first time it has happened. I remember 20+ years ago the same thing happened. They showed the video that was being taken on the news and you could tell by the camera movement when he realized it. They said after strapping all the camera equipment on, he just didn't realize what he had done. I guess it felt basically the same.

I personally don't think there's any way this was anything but suicide....man...I could never do that...someone would have to push me even with a parachute...I freeze!

Looks like it was suicide. What a horrific way to go. :confused:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,364502,00.html

DUANESBURG, N.Y. — A 29-year-old man who plunged to his death from a skydiving plane with no parachute on Saturday committed suicide, state police said.

Sloan Carafello of Schenectady was described as an observer on the small plane. Witnesses say he leaped out behind three parachuters.

An autopsy on Sunday found that the cause of death was massive trauma, and state police investigator Mario DiCristofaro says the death was ruled a suicide.

Carafello's co-workers tell the Times Union of Albany that he asked them frequently in recent months, "If you had to die, would you rather jump off a building or jump out of a plane without a parachute?"

Looks like it was suicide. What a horrific way to go. :confused:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,364502,00.html

DUANESBURG, N.Y. — A 29-year-old man who plunged to his death from a skydiving plane with no parachute on Saturday committed suicide, state police said.

Sloan Carafello of Schenectady was described as an observer on the small plane. Witnesses say he leaped out behind three parachuters.

An autopsy on Sunday found that the cause of death was massive trauma, and state police investigator Mario DiCristofaro says the death was ruled a suicide.

Carafello's co-workers tell the Times Union of Albany that he asked them frequently in recent months, "If you had to die, would you rather jump off a building or jump out of a plane without a parachute?"

He asked then frequently? once would surely be enough. :(

so he planned to off himself for months. how very sad. :(

thank you for the update Lucy's mom.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member