Jessica Alba gave birth to a baby girl..

absinthe

Former Member
Reaction score
..this weekend!

She and her husband, Cash warren, named her Honor Marie.

Congrats to Jessica, but I'm not a fan of the name!

Is there some unwritten rule that in Hollywood you must name your children ridiculous and/or pretentious names?

I know someone with that name so I think it's cool, but then again, it's probably because I can put a face with the name. Congrats to the parents!

I actually think its nice compared to some of the names such as apple, tallulah, and lordes.

I actually think its nice compared to some of the names such as apple, tallulah, and lordes.

Lourdes is nice (except for the similarity to LARDASS). It has a long history as a given name.

I like the symbolism, but I think it sounds horrible! AW-NER

Congrats but I do not like the name Honor.

Honor is an old Puritan name. LOVE IT!
Then again I actually like the name Prudence....

The only name I detest is Max. Way to many Max's already!

The other day I was registering a little boy for camp and his name was Colby...I said "Like the cheese" and his mom was like "There is NO colby cheese". If you are going to name your kid a "different" name make sure there is no cheese involved.

Oh and the name HEAVEN...that drives me nuts. Think of all the locker room jokes that little girl is going to have to deal with.

I know someone with that name so I think it's cool, but then again, it's probably because I can put a face with the name. Congrats to the parents!

I grew up with an Honour, and I always thought the name was "normal." I think it could have been much worse. Moses or Apple comes to mind!

she named the child honor because it was an honor to have her bf's baby?
so the child should he honored to be his child?? buckle your selt belts we're going on a guilt trip!
weird

Seriously, if I had a crazy amount of money, I'd pay a Hollywood jerk to name their kid Pretentious, or Insincerity.

I kind of like Honor. It is sort of like Faith, Hope, Charity, Joy, etc. Kind of a nice attribute to have. I can think of prettier girls' names, however.

I went to schoo with a boy name "Tater Pitts" and I knew a girl name "Nonie Winkle"...I always felt bad for them.

I went to school with sisters named Debbie and Donna Butts. The Butts sisters. They were pretty and popular girls so they overcame it.

My dh went to school with a girl names April Screws, and I knew a guy names Harry Richards.:eek:

I work at a hospital in the medical records department so you can imagine all the funny names I see.

There was a guy the other day whose name was "Justin Payne"...and he was in for appendicitis. Talk about an appropriate name.

And "Melton Eiland"....it's been pretty hot here, but we're not on an island. :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back