BREAKING: Authorities Searching Kankakee River for Body!

I wanted to add, no word on whether or not it's male or female.

Here are some facts re: the area and the rivers: The Des Plaines River runs parallel to the I&M Canal and does meet up with the Kankakee River south of Bolingbrook.

Wilmington is 33 miles from Bolingbrook, straight down I-55.

Also, the fact that they say that authorities are making "PLANS" to recover a body leads me to believe the body is submerged.... If it was floating, they'd just be recovering it... not planning to recover it.

No problem! It is apparently so new that no other news agency besides the local Joliet Herald has picked the story up. If I find more info, I'll be sure to post it.

Just now seeig this and I've got my fingers crossed!

Certainly sounds worth keeping an eye and ear on. Thanks, Dee.

Keeping my fingers crossed too. This one is a real possibility given the logistics of it. Planning to recover sounds like the body may be tangled up in debris or something.

Locals need to be watching Drew's back door in case he decides to run.

Thanks Dee, great catch!! Let's hope this brings Stacey to rest.

Thinking about this..............all the heavy rain that's fallen in the past week has made some rivers overflow. In Iowa and Indiana there's rivers over their banks. So, it would make sense that with all the flooding, anything in a river is being displaced.

Wow, this is great news for some family if a body is recovered. I hope it's Stacy though.

Is this close to Lisa Stebic's home at all?

I was just thinking yesterday on my way to work that with all the flooding going on in areas around here, it might prove fruitful in a morbid sense. Let's hope that it answers questions regarding someone's loved one.

Yes, Lisa Stebic is also another possibility. Hoping that this brings resolution to someone's loved ones.

A body was reportedly recovered from the Kankakee River on Monday afternoon by emergency personnel in an unincorporated area in the Kankakee River State Park.

A deceased person was pulled from the river late Monday afternoon, according to a spokeswoman for the Wilmington Emergency Service Disaster Agency. She did not know the exact time the body was recovered, nor the age or gender of the deceased.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/996301,riverbody060908.article

Oh..nuts..

Hopefully he can be reunited with his family and have a proper funeral and closure for his loved ones.

I saw last night that he was a male in his fourties, but didn't have time to post the info. Some witnesses reported that two men were fighting right before the victim was found in the river, so who knows...

I think they have ID, but have not released it pending notification of his family.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/996163,jo09_river_web.article

God bless him and his family...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back