10 year old scarred by temporary tattoo of Playboy Bunny

She better watch out. She's on Hef's "Ask" list now. :D

My kids and I were just talking about tattoos, dyes and allergies the other day. One of my ds's friends used a black permanent marker to write on herself and her arm swelled up where she had to go to the doctor. She was allergic to the ink, I guess.

Why would someone let their 10 yr old put a playboy bunny tattoo on their body?! Maybe she just thought it was a cute bunny and didn't realize what it stood for?

My daughter got henna designs on her hands and forearms one summer. I don't believe the henna had anything that hair color has in it, or I wouldn't have let her do it. I believe it's Mehndi Art, but don't know if that's the right spelling. :eek: I'm glad my dd's turned out o.k.

Thanks for the link, Ciara.

Um, what kind of mother lets their ten year old get a playboy bunny tattoo? That seems wee bit trashy if you ask me.

my kids love the tats that come from those 50cent machine. i let them buy them with their own money. i pay them for all the trashy/slutty tats and they get one i allow them to wear. i swear some are border line *advertiser censored*. i never knew they could scar.

sherri, I think this girl's tattoo is different from the ones in the gumball machines. Unless those are made in China! :eek:

Yes I think probably the kid thought it was a cute bunny but I'm suprised the parents didn't know the logo. Poor girl lol, sorry she might have to stay her very long with what she just thought was a cute bunny. I saw a documentary about bad henna tattoos and some develop an allergy and then have to stop taking a full list of products, I really wouldn't try that.

Isn't there an age limit on getting tatoos?
In Va. you have to be 18.

Hmmm, I don't know. I think there is in OH but I'm not sure. This was over in the UK though.

Yea, I realized it was in the UK. Surely they have age limits on such things.

Isn't there an age limit on getting tatoos?
In Va. you have to be 18.

this isn't a permanent tattoo. It's a temporary tat. Anyone can have those. They even come in cracker jack boxes (except there are no playboy bunnies!)

Also wanted to comment on the bunny. My mother would have never known it was "the playboy bunny" had she seen it so maybe the parents didn't know.

OUr Taco Bell has them... they have Poke Mon and Hannah Montanna along with some trashy ones.
Hard to believe the parents didn't know what the playboy bunny represents, but it is possible.

Poor kid.

this isn't a permanent tattoo. It's a temporary tat. Anyone can have those. They even come in cracker jack boxes (except there are no playboy bunnies!)

Also wanted to comment on the bunny. My mother would have never known it was "the playboy bunny" had she seen it so maybe the parents didn't know.
Thanks for explaining.
My oldest daughter's bf has a real playboy bunny tattoo and that's what I was thinking about. lol

I am pretty sure at least in the States it is pretty universal you have to be 18 to get a tattoo or body piercing. Now, if the tattooist asks for your ID or not to prove it is a whole other issue. My friend in high school had three tattoos by the time she was 16 so obviously it wasn't enforced real heavily.

This mother looks like the type who would be in the know enough to identify the playboy bunny symbol but weirder things have happened.

I am pretty sure at least in the States it is pretty universal you have to be 18 to get a tattoo or body piercing. Now, if the tattooist asks for your ID or not to prove it is a whole other issue. My friend in high school had three tattoos by the time she was 16 so obviously it wasn't enforced real heavily.

This mother looks like the type who would be in the know enough to identify the playboy bunny symbol but weirder things have happened.

My son gets the henna temporary tattoos every summer when we go to the beach. He usually gets a dragon or the ying yang symbol as he is very heavily into Chinese martial Arts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back