Iran hangs 17 year old boy despite signing treaty banning execution of minors

Iran human rights watch

URGENT: THREE MINOR OFFENDERS AMONG THE ELLEVEN SCHEDULED TO BE EXECUTED IN TEHRAN TOMORROW MORNING JUNE 11

Tuesday 10 June 2008

Iran Human Rights, June 10: According to several sources three minors offenders are among the elleven people scheduled to be hanged in Tehran’s Evin prison early tomorrow morning. According to these sources Behnood Shojaee, Mohammad Fadaei and Saeed Jazee (Jazi) have been transferred from the Rajaee Shahr prison (Gohardasht) to the solitary confinements in the Evin prison where hangings normally take place. All three of these minors are sentenced to death for alleged murders. However there are several shortcomings in their legal processes.

I would like to know why and how he killed the 10 yr old boy 2 yrs ago.

I don't believe in the DP for minors here, but there I would think the DP would be better than living in their prisons for the rest of your life. I'm extremely opposed to the DP there when it's because a female had an affair or was raped, etc.

I know, I sound nuts!!

Girls are held responsible from the age of 9 and boys when they're 15?? WTH?

I really don't have a problem executing him ...if the circumstances of th murder warranted it.

Girls are held responsible from the age of 9 and boys when they're 15?? WTH?

I really don't have a problem executing him ...if the circumstances of th murder warranted it.

That part jumped out at me too.

Girls mature faster than boys in Iran? :waitasec:

It seems very odd that girls could be considered more mature at nine than a boy of fourteen & that women having attained that maturity so early somehow can't be afforded all the same rights as the men.

I guess girls aged 9 are the favorite age of pedophile men over there. They get away with it and the girl is blamed. Disgusting and disgusting to execute kids even if they did kill another child, which may not even be true.

I'm not trying to sound prejudiced, but I just will never understand the culture of some of those Mid-East countries.

I guess girls aged 9 are the favorite age of pedophile men over there. They get away with it and the girl is blamed. Disgusting and disgusting to execute kids even if they did kill another child, which may not even be true.

Did I somehow miss this in the article?

Did I somehow miss this in the article?

The Ayatollah Khomeini himself married a ten-year-old girl when he was twenty-eight. Khomeini called marriage to a prepubescent girl “a divine blessing,” and advised the faithful: “Do your best to ensure that your daughters do not see their first blood in your house.”

Time magazine reported in 2001: “In Iran the legal age for marriage is nine for girls, fourteen for boys. The law has occasionally been exploited by pedophiles, who marry poor young girls from the provinces, use and then abandon them. In 2000 the Iranian Parliament voted to raise the minimum age for girls to fourteen, but this year, a legislative oversight body dominated by traditional clerics vetoed the move. An attempt by conservatives to abolish Yemen’s legal minimum age of fifteen for girls failed, but local experts say it is rarely enforced anyway. (The onset of puberty is considered an appropriate time for a marriage to be consummated.)”

(general knowlege)

I would like to know why and how he killed the 10 yr old boy 2 yrs ago.

I don't believe in the DP for minors here, but there I would think the DP would be better than living in their prisons for the rest of your life. I'm extremely opposed to the DP there when it's because a female had an affair or was raped, etc.

I know, I sound nuts!!

You don't sound nuts at all.....A boy is held punishable from the age of 15 and a girl from the age of nine......there is nothing "just" about their "justice system."

At least they didn't tie this one to the whipping post and whip him to death.

In many cases the Iranians will execute gays for being homosexual, covering it up by saying they committed other crimes.

There are documented cases of clerics murdering children via execution.

Iranian culture is a vile mix of hipocrisy, misogyny and homophobia.

She was executed (at 16) for being raped by her 51 yo uncle:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/5217424.stm

These two were executed for being gay:
http://www.ncr-iran.org/content/view/222/69/

But, I forgot. Islam is a religion of peace and tolerance.

In many cases the Iranians will execute gays for being homosexual, covering it up by saying they committed other crimes.

There are documented cases of clerics murdering children via execution.

Iranian culture is a vile mix of hipocrisy, misogyny and homophobia.

She was executed (at 16) for being raped by her 51 yo uncle:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/5217424.stm

These two were executed for being gay:
http://www.ncr-iran.org/content/view/222/69/

But, I forgot. Islam is a religion of peace and tolerance.

Apparently they forgot that too!

LIAR!!!

There are no homosexuals in Iran!

:eek:

Yeah, there's no homosexuals left cause they keep hanging them all...

That interview was the biggest bunch of dookie that ever dropped out of a bull's hiney.

I kept hoping that maybe, just maybe, they'd coughed up a semi-rational leader for once, and that maybe relations between our countries could improve.

What a tool.

I have no problem at all with this 17 year old being executed for killing a child. No problem at all. He was old enough to know that killing someone is wrong and you have to obey the law.

I have no problem at all with this 17 year old being executed for killing a child. No problem at all. He was old enough to know that killing someone is wrong and you have to obey the law.

Yes, but the problem is that in Iran if you are gay they will often make up charges. For instance the two boys executed in the story I linked to were charged with raping a child. However everyone connected with the case says that this did not happen, that the two were charged and hanged simply for their orientation.

In the other story I linked to, the girl was executed for being repeatedly raped and molested by her uncle. Not only that, but she was denied any legal representation at the trial, and the trial and execution violated several laws in the way it was conducted.

I don't have a problem with a 17 year old, or even a 15-16 year old being executed, IF they did the crime.

In Iran, you can never be sure what the real story was.

Yes, but the problem is that in Iran if you are gay they will often make up charges. For instance the two boys executed in the story I linked to were charged with raping a child. However everyone connected with the case says that this did not happen, that the two were charged and hanged simply for their orientation.

In the other story I linked to, the girl was executed for being repeatedly raped and molested by her uncle. Not only that, but she was denied any legal representation at the trial, and the trial and execution violated several laws in the way it was conducted.

I don't have a problem with a 17 year old, or even a 15-16 year old being executed, IF they did the crime.

In Iran, you can never be sure what the real story was.

I am not condoning Iran's hanging of anyone because of their sexual orientation. Nor do I believe a victim of a sex crime should be looked at as a criminal in any way shape or form.

But to point fingers and say we never know what the real story is....is hypocritical. The same thing happens here everyday. Just listen to defense attorneys....prosecutors are oftentimes equally as guilty.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back