Susan Atkins wants out of jail to die...

Okay, she got sentenced to life in prison. This is her life, she is dying, so she should do it in prison. If she didn't want to die in prison, she should have thought of that before slitting a pregnant woman's throat.

Okay, she got sentenced to life in prison. This is her life, she is dying, so she should do it in prison. If she didn't want to die in prison, she should have thought of that before slitting a pregnant woman's throat.
I know right! Since when do we even let prisoners out to die???

I know right! Since when do we even let prisoners out to die???

This sort of thing bugs the CRAP out of me. This "compassion" for prisoners. Why??? They're criminals!!! "Yeah, well they're human beings." So?? IMO, when you commit a crime, you give up your rights. That was your choice. Period. The end. Quit whining about it.

This sort of thing bugs the CRAP out of me. This "compassion" for prisoners. Why??? They're criminals!!! "Yeah, well they're human beings." So?? IMO, when you commit a crime, you give up your rights. That was your choice. Period. The end. Quit whining about it.
I AGREE 100% You did the crime, now do the time.

Oh, Sadie, Sadie, Sadie... you poor, poor little killer you! I certainly don't think that she should be allowed out, although when you think about it, these days, when you are sentenced to life in prison (with the possibility of parole)aren't you usually out in under 30 years? She has definitely been in longer than that but she should die there. She had no mercy and therefore should be shown no mercy. (It felt strange to write her name, I named one of my dogs after her - the Manson killings were my first true crime interest way back in Jr high school).

Susan Adkins has spent her time in prison constantly petitioning and bringing actions against the dept of corrections, etc. I am sorry she has brain cancer, but I am not sorry she is dying in prison. She wouldn't even be alive now, since she was sentenced to death, if the Cali legislature hadn't overturned the DP in that state.

Ah..did she say she was sorry, show any remorse in that request to leave prison to die somewhere else. I don't think she did. She deserves what she got, she made a choice to murder Sharon Tate and her 8.5 month fetus....now she has to not only live with that choice but also die with that choice.

Oh, Sadie, Sadie, Sadie... you poor, poor little killer you! I certainly don't think that she should be allowed out, although when you think about it, these days, when you are sentenced to life in prison (with the possibility of parole)aren't you usually out in under 30 years? She has definitely been in longer than that but she should die there. She had no mercy and therefore should be shown no mercy. (It felt strange to write her name, I named one of my dogs after her - the Manson killings were my first true crime interest way back in Jr high school).

HA! I had a cat named Manson for this very reason.

Just to give you a taste of why someone on the other side (Me!) might have no problem in letting her go home to die and believe it's the right thing to do:

I don't believe in prison as punishment. There's no punishment on earth suitable for the crime she committed, so I leave justice to a higher authority and don't care a whit if I "see" it or not. I do believe prison is appropriate to keep the rest of society safe from those who have proven dangerous and/harmful.

I don't look at prisoners as , but as fellow humans who made terrible choices. Those terrible choices don't negate the fact that they are humans who should be treated humanely. They have worth just as the rest of us have worth.

She was not compassionate when she murdered Sharon Tate. But I hold myself and society to a higher standard than a murderer. I think we should show compassion because it is the right thing to do. It is the high road, the honorable path and what many of us are called to do by our spiritual beliefs.

It costs us nothing monetarily to allow her to die in the care of relatives. In fact, as a society, we would save money because she would only be released to family memebrs who agreed to be completely financially responsible for her care.

It costs us nothing riskwise to allow her to die in the care of relatives. She is no longer a danger to society.

I'm about creating a "treat others as you would be treated" world and not "a treat others as they treat you" world.

Anyway - I'm not trying to change anyone's minds here. I surely understand the desire for someone to "pay". I don't necessarily understand the desire for someone to suffer - I hate that any of us here suffer, whether we "deserve" it or not. I was just sharing with you the honest feelings that run through my heart when I read a story like this.

SCM I totally see where you are coming from and you make some good points like how it would save us money to send her home to die. However thats about the only reason why she should be allowed. I just think of the crime and how poor pregnant sharon did not have her mom or dad, sister or husband be with her as she lay dying. I do think Justice will be served in another life as well. I still like to see it done here and I would NOT let any prisoner go home to die, its just not fair.

I don't mean to infer that I don't think it's important for us to measure out justice and judgment here. Our efforts are laudable and I have deep respect for our legal system.

I just think that, in reality, we are not equipped to truly render justice. We are hindered by our human limitations.

SCM I totally see where you are coming from and you make some good points like how it would save us money to send her home to die. However thats about the only reason why she should be allowed. I just think of the crime and how poor pregnant sharon did not have her mom or dad, sister or husband be with her as she lay dying. I do think Justice will be served in another life as well. I still like to see it done here and I would NOT let any prisoner go home to die, its just not fair.

I think about Sharon Tate too, michelle. I mean what she went through - unimagineable. But, imho, I can have compassion for Sharon and Susan. I don't have to take sides. The very nature of compassion (a form of love) is that its expression is not diluted or lessened if it is shown towards everyone.

I think about Sharon Tate too, michelle. I mean what she went through - unimagineable. But, imho, I can have compassion for Sharon and Susan. I don't have to take sides. The very nature of compassion (a form of love) is that its expression is not diluted or lessened if it is shown towards everyone.
I have running in my mind constantly when I hear things like how susan wants out is how the victim felt. I rarely ever have compassion on a criminal, I know some people do and thats great I just never do. I am usually a very sensitive person too. I know that is not how God would want us to be but I cant help it.

I have running in my mind constantly when I hear things like how susan wants out is how the victim felt. I rarely ever have compassion on a criminal, I know some people do and thats great I just never do. I am usually a very sensitive person too. I know that is not how God would want us to be but I cant help it.

Gosh, honey - I don't know that I'd say that! I was not trying to sound sanctimonious and apologize if I came across that way. I was just thinking out loud. I will not lose sleep at night if Susan does not die in the bosum of her family.

I am off to date night - The Hulk or the Happening, I think, with DH! Have a great one and I'll catch you tomorrow!:blowkiss:

I personally think that the bunch of them deserve to rot in hell for what they did and wish that the DP had been carried out.

But she most likely will not die in prison even if her request is denied. She has been in a hospital near the prison since last march. She will probably die there.

So by granting her request the only things that would really change is who is footing the bill. And possibly the amount of time she is allowed to spend with visitors. (I don't know how they handle visits to a prisoner in the hospital)

Gosh, honey - I don't know that I'd say that! I was not trying to sound sanctimonious and apologize if I came across that way. I was just thinking out loud. I will not lose sleep at night if Susan does not die in the bosum of her family.

I am off to date night - The Hulk or the Happening, I think, with DH! Have a great one and I'll catch you tomorrow!:blowkiss:
I know we should treat others how we want to be treated but I have not sypmathy for them. Have a good night!:blowkiss: OH The Happening looks great!

I personally think that the bunch of them deserve to rot in hell for what they did and wish that the DP had been carried out.

But she most likely will not die in prison even if her request is denied. She has been in a hospital near the prison since last march. She will probably die there.

So by granting her request the only things that would really change is who is footing the bill. And possibly the amount of time she is allowed to spend with visitors. (I don't know how they handle visits to a prisoner in the hospital)
Gee tell it like it is why dont you, lol. Just kidding, I am sure her family can be at the hospital with her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back