CA - Dusty Wright, 2, suffocated by ping pong ball, Modesto, 5 Jan 2005

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Darrick Davis got one year in prison after he pleaded guilty of felony child endangerment causing death. Mr. Davis shoved a ping pong ball down his 2 year old son's throat.

According to Davis the little baby kept putting a ping pong ball in his mouth. That made Davis mad. Being the brilliant fool he is Davis knew how to fix that and shoved the ball down the baby's throat. Nobody could unlodge the ball and this poor baby died what had to be an awful death.

Yes, don't take the ball off the child and hide it. Don't give him some small punishment that might actually teach the little guy something. Shove the ball down his throat, kill him, and get a lousey year in jail. That's some justice.

http://www.modbee.com/local/story/328647.html

:furious:Oh what a creep, that is all he got!

One year seems excessively lenient. He did after all cause the child's death because he had to have known that the little one would choke.

I can't understand why only a year has been deemed enough for this crime.
Me neither! I mean come on, this was a child for crying out loud. He got less time then the poor baby was alive.

Jailer Taximom says "Yeah, give him 1 year with a ping pong ball shoved down his throat."

:mad:

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Their drug dealers probably get more time than this CHILD KILLER did. :mad:

This is him. He deserved WAY more time for murdering the child he should have been protecting.

363-03a1davis.embedded.prod_affiliate.11.jpg

I live about 30 min from Modesto. How in the world did he get off with just a year in jail???

that is a joke!

but it's not funny. the guy pled down to felony child endangerment & gets credit for time served. the baby died in july 07, so dear ol dad may be home for a picnic with the family on the 4th? .... sure hope nobody knocks over his beer.

i cannot believe that is the most the judge could give. if it is, the state shouldn't have accepted the plea. is jamming a ball down a child's throat any less than causing brain damage by shaking, leaving him the street or tossing him out a window? what is going on? modesto bee is going to get a letter to the editor & the prosecutor & judge are getting a little note with my thoughts. please, ws, join me in a little protest by mail. california, geez, it's time to get tough.

I think this dumb SOB deserves at least 20 to 30 yrs. in prison and I'm serious!
Who in the world do a thing like this. WHO?

I guarantee this guy has a low IQ!

xxxxxxoooooooooo
mama
:blowkiss:

that is a joke!

but it's not funny. the guy pled down to felony child endangerment & gets credit for time served. the baby died in july 07, so dear ol dad may be home for a picnic with the family on the 4th? .... sure hope nobody knocks over his beer.

i cannot believe that is the most the judge could give. if it is, the state shouldn't have accepted the plea. is jamming a ball down a child's throat any less than causing brain damage by shaking, leaving him the street or tossing him out a window? what is going on? modesto bee is going to get a letter to the editor & the prosecutor & judge are getting a little note with my thoughts. please, ws, join me in a little protest by mail. california, geez, it's time to get tough.

the addresses:

Hon. Judge Donald E. Shaver
PO Box 3488
Modesto CA 95353

Birgit Fladager
District Attorney
832 12th Street, Suite 300
Modesto, California 95354

The Modesto Bee
Margaret R Randozzo
mrandazzo@modbee.com
attn: Letters To The Editor

email the governor
http://gov.ca.gov/interact#contact

I think this dumb SOB deserves at least 20 to 30 yrs. in prison and I'm serious!
Who in the world do a thing like this. WHO?
mama

not only was this child killed, the state didn't put enough value on his life than a ridiculously short time in jail & some community service.

anybody want to make a bet he commits another atrocious anger-related crime before the 4 years probation is done?

So how much money did this loser have to pay off the judge?? One year??!! That's an outrage, that's not even prison time, that sounds like only county jail. Hopefully another inmate kills him, the piece of scum.

When I read of things like this, I really wonder about our justice system!! One year for murdering your son (which is what he did, IMO!) is ridiculous. May that little baby boy rest in peace.

I can't understand why only a year has been deemed enough for this crime.

Because children are disposable in this country, especially if they belong to the one who murders them.

Seriously.....if a stranger had killed this baby in this manner, they would be thrown under the jail forever (or at least 5 years). Let a "parent" do it....handslaps.

" the state didn't put enough value on his life than a ridiculously short time in jail"

And that is the problem. I am so beyond fed up with abusers, rapists, murderers and their being allowed to minimize their actions to escape responsibility.

We have a similar, but pending sentencing for a baby rapist here in Mich. Unlike the Davis child, this baby didn't die...yet. Her father's sentence ( after he admitted twice, and in writing to what he did ) has been plead down to an attempt. Guidelines call for zero to 9 months jail time.

If we don't start placing the same value on children that the courts place on criminals, we are all doomed.

http://southernsassoncrime.com/?p=1135

Children do not seem to have the same protection under the law.
If this scumo shoved a ping pong ball down his neighbor's throat during a fight and the neighbor died, I bet he'd get at least a few years in jail.
Damn shame.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back