Help Find the Missing Forum Board has been hacked!

Tom'sGirl

Former Member
Reaction score
If any of you who joined at any time to above Forum site, you may start receiving some pretty "rank" emails.................they ARE NOT FROM HFTM. The Forum has been closed and this message from Admin. has been posted.
The board is closed for now while we find out what is going on.. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Just know that we here at HFTM are not the ones sending out the emails. Someone has hacked the board and they are the ones doing it.
We hope to be back soon.

Oh how awful...why would hackers even care about that board? I hope they are able to rememcy the situation and get things back up and running.

Oh how awful...why would hackers even care about that board? I hope they are able to rememcy the situation and get things back up and running.
I've never been told "F U" in so many ways.........:)

I received the same emails but didn't open them. This is the second time fairly recently that this has occurred.

Add me to the list of people who received those nasty emails. I opened one of them :eek:. I will never open an email from someone I don't know again. Can the hacker do anything now that I opened his/her scummy email? I blocked the sender and domain address. Is there anything I can do? I know little about tech in any way.

LR,
You should run a security check, spyware check, etc., ASAP!

I've been getting them too and contacted help@asmallorange.com as that is the server they are being sent from.

charlie.asmallorange.com [63.247.68.107]

Here is a full header:
ISO-8859-1"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

X-Priority: 3

X-Mailer: vBulletin Mail via PHP

Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 16:33:34 -0400

X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report

X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - charlie.asmallorange.com

X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - slycrafts.com

X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [99 500] / [47 12]

X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - charlie.asmallorange.com

X-Source:

X-Source-Args: /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL

X-Source-Dir: helpfindthemissing.org:/public_html/forum

X-Spam-Status: No, score=1.4

X-Spam-Score: 14

X-Spam-Bar: +

X-Spam-Flag: NO

X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report

X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - neo.hostingnemesis.com

X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - slycrafts.com

X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [47 12] / [47 12]

X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - charlie.asmallorange.com

X-Source:

X-Source-Args:

X-Source-Dir:

**** you SLY from admin

--0-936088955-1213563876=:87676--

What a sad soul to do such a thing. I got lots of tumble weeds that need cleaning around my property if they are that board they could gather up.

Sly

LR,
You should run a security check, spyware check, etc., ASAP!

Thank you Tristen. I ran a full scan with Norton 360. I hope that ruled out that anything bad came in. It has virus protection, auto-protect, a firewall, spyware detection/removal, phishing and intrusion prevention.

Please know that Harlett is doing all she can to remedy this.

I got them also...didn't open any of them. I didn't like being told off by someone I never met either.:eek:

If the server has been hacked the email address being used to send the emails to members may also have been compromised so the headers you're seeing in any of the emails in question may not help to lead back to the real identity of the original hacker.

Yep, I got them to...........I just can't believe that anyone has nothing better to do with their time! I'm not real technical and don't fully understand these type things, maybe someone can explain the purpose of the emails and the bad language......I just don't understand, is it to hack into our personal computers for personal information or just someones sick idea of fun??????

It sounds like an effort to discredit the forum.

If any of you who joined at any time to above Forum site, you may start receiving some pretty "rank" emails.................they ARE NOT FROM HFTM. The Forum has been closed and this message from Admin. has been posted.

Is this a separate website? Sorry, I'm confused. What is it with that forum and a website regarding the Francisco case being hacked too?

Can anything happen just by visiting the site? Only able to mess with your computer if you open their email right?

Can anything happen just by visiting the site? Only able to mess with your computer if you open their email right?
Last time I was over there around 8:00 eastern time logging on would take you to a website that looks like it has Arabic writing. Apparently the hacker is implying that the attack on the web site is a form of terrorism. I wouldn’t take any chances until the website administrators post on other web sites that they are members of that the site is clear and clean.

Last time I was over there around 8:00 eastern time logging on would take you to a website that books like it has Arabic writing. Apparently the hacker is implying that the attack on the web site is a form of terrorism. I wouldn’t take any chances until the website administrators post on other web sites that they are members of that the site is clear and clean.

I got the same thing with the Arabic website in place of HFTM--then I got a warning from my Norton 360 that an unauthorized download was occurring. I couldn't close the tab that the site was on. It wouldn't let me. I had several tabs open and tried to close all tabs. But, the one stayed open no matter what I did. So, I pulled the air card out that I have for high speed and disconnected. Then I ran a second full scan. I PM'd Harlett here to let her know what happened. I know she and others are working very, very hard to resolve it. I can imagine they have their work cut out for them, unfortunately.

Just so you know the board is up and running. It was an attack on multiple V-bulletin web sites. V-bulletin says that the problem has been corrected. The fictitious Emails were not generated by HFTM. Please come visit and help with the work that needs to be done.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back