WARNING re: IRS e-mail

Daisy

Reaction score
Hey everyone...I and another coworker just received a supposed e-mail from the IRS informing us that we qualify for some sort of additional tax refund for $252.60. When you click on the link, it takes you to a site that's supposed to be the IRS and asks you for your social security number, date of birth, bank name and debit card number. Now.....interestingly enough, the IRS does NOT have my e-mail address. I always file my tax return via snail mail (and not online). I have referred this to our Chief Technology Officer here at work and he'll be investigating and probably be sending out an All Staff e-mail alert on this. Just lettin' ya know. So DON'T fall for this.....I think something stinks bad with this.

Thanks for reading this.

i got one too and I figured it was bogus because they wouldnt have my email address.

Thanks for providing the link, Ntegrity! I've NEVER received an e-mail from the IRS. Gosh I hope no one gets taken by this!!! :furious:

The IRS page listed above gives a nice email address to forward the scammail to. I got one, and I'm sending it over. It does look very legitimate - I wasn't taken in - but I was going to check into if it was real or not. IRS does have my email, so it was possible.

Thanks for posting this. I will let my parents know about this. They aren't senile, but I still worry about them falling for something like this.

Thanks for posting this. I will let my parents know about this. They aren't senile, but I still worry about them falling for something like this.

I know what you mean, Blondie. And what a better time to try to entice someone with this miracle money....when gas prices are high, food is high, etc. There are going to be some folks out there that believe this and I really do feel sorry for them.:(

I think you should forward it to your local FBI office

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back