AZ AZ - Morristown - Wht/HispMale 1232UMAZ, 21-46, Obese, Apr'07

ASU2USC

Reaction score
The following is a link to an article featuring a reconstruction recently completed for a skeleton found April 1, 2007 in Peoria, Arizona (near Lake Pleasant), believed to be the remains of a 21-46 year old Hispanic or white male. He is estimated to have been between 5 foot 5 inches and 5 foot 8 inches tall, and to have weighed between 300 and 350 lbs (I'm assuming based on clothing size).

Authorities are looking for help identifying him.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/peoria/articles/2008/06/17/20080617abrk-deathinvestigation.html

PHP485823FA1AA20.jpg

Bringing over the recon from the article while the link still works...

How about...

Luther Smith: https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/3234/128?current_page=case_information

There is a wide window of time for the UID so I searched for missing males in AZ and came across this gentleman. The UID's clothes indicate XXL jeans. The picture of Luther shows him to be a big person - perhaps XXL size. The style of shirt he is wearing in the picture is similar to the picture of the shirt on the UID. Unfortunately the picture of Luther does not show his arms so I couldn't try to match up the watch.

On height Luther is 6' tall, and the UID is estimated at 5'6".

Luther is outside the age window of 21-48 for the UID. Luther was 55 when LKA.

Foul play is suspected in Luther's disappearance, and the UID was found in a desert area.

What do you think?

Another possibility:

Leslie Haynie: https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/740/63?current_page=case_information

Height is close to the estimate at 5'9" - 5'11" - age LKA is in window of 21-48 years at 30.

Leslie's weight is given at 230-240 pounds. Is that large enough for a 2XL shirt?

His truck was discovered 21 miles south from his last known location, but the location of the UID is 175 miles away SE from Bullhead City.

The UID was wearing a watch, and Leslie was wearing a Timex Indiglo watch. I seem to remember those and I don't think the picture of the UID's watch is the same.

Leslie also does not have any DNA sample.

Irish, I had actually looked at Guadencio too because his face shape had jumped out at me. I didn't look long because I read the UID NamUs profile as white. Once I saw the forum title that the UID was hispanic I had intended to go back and take a closer look.

PHP485823FA1AA20.jpg

Despite the angle of Guadencio's image their eye lines and nose features look similar. Ears look similar as well.

Guadencio was LKA in Phoenix. His weight is 260-270 pounds which is still a lot but not quite the 300-350 pounds that some estimate. His height is very close to the estimated 5'6" - 5'6" to 5'8". His age when reported missing was 38.

Irish, I had actually looked at Guadencio too because his face shape had jumped out at me. I didn't look long because I read the UID NamUs profile as white. Once I saw the forum title that the UID was hispanic I had intended to go back and take a closer look.

PHP485823FA1AA20.jpg

Despite the angle of Guadencio's image their eye lines and nose features look similar. Ears look similar as well.

Guadencio was LKA in Phoenix. His weight is 260-270 pounds which is still a lot but not quite the 300-350 pounds that some estimate. His height is very close to the estimated 5'6" - 5'6" to 5'8". His age when reported missing was 38.

The two look very close and since Guandencio was last known to be alive in Phoenix, I think it would be a really good idea to ask if they could be the same/had been compared.

I don't mind putting out emails to the case managers if nobody has done so yet for Guadencio.

Sleuth, I've got a crazy crazy week ahead of me....if you want to take this ball and run with it, that would be excellent!

Ok done Irish_eyes. I emailed the detective on Guadencio's case, and the medical examiner assigned to the UID. My points were:

* The UID is described as heavyset and wearing 2XL and 3XL clothing – estimated at possibly 300 pounds. Guadencio is listed as weighing 260-270 pounds.
* The reconstructed image of the UID provided on the case files has physical features that resemble Guadencio, such as the eye line, ear shape, and nose shape.
* Guadencio’s height is listed at 5’6” to 5’8”, which is very close to the UID’s estimated height of 5’6”.
* The postmortem interval of the UID is reported to be a long time – Guadencio went missing 8 years before this UID was discovered.

I will let you guys know of any replies!

They both have a widow's peak too...just noticed that.

Already got an email back from the medical examiner. She said Guadencio has been ruled out due to DNA.

Wonder if they have already ruled out Jose Sanchez then too?

I don't think that Jose would be this UID. Jose is listed at only 175 pounds and that is well under the estimated weight of this UID.

However, the medical examiner I was in touch with that ran Guadencio's DNA against the UID was very prompt, if a little short for words. So if we were to come up with some similar comparisons it sounds like she would be pretty quick at comparing them.

Hipolito Garcia

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/11929/13?current_page=case_information

I know the height is a bit off -- but the clothing descrip fits...what do you all think?

Could be. I guess it depends on how his height was estimated. According to NamUs --
Garcia has several healed fractures in his left leg.
Would this show if he was the UID?

The unidentified man's estimated date of death is 1950 to 2007 on NamUs. That is a really big range. :confused:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3bell4010066bppts
Back