Children of Britain lead the world in drinking and drugs

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
Children in England drink more alcohol and take more drugs than their counterparts in most of the Western world.
A report from the World Health Organisation shows that English schoolchildren are among the most likely to have drunk alcohol in the past week, to have taken cannabis and to have had sex.
Eleven and 13 year olds are among the most likely to have smoked a cigarette.
And they are more stressed at school than any country except Portugal, mirroring a Unicef study last year which found British children were the most unhappy in Europe.
The report, the Health Behaviour in School-Aged Children, paints a bleak picture of a childhood blighted by pressure to fit in with peer groups and perform well in tests.*
The damning report shows that Welsh 13-year- olds are more likely than those in any other country in Europe to have been drunk at least twice.*
Some 26 per cent of girls and 27 per cent of boys aged 13 in Wales have been drunk, followed closely by Scotland.*
England is not far behind, with 19 per cent of 13-year-old girls and 21 per cent of boys saying they have been drunk* -* the fourth highest in Europe.*
Among 15-year-olds England is fifth in the league table, with no fewer than 50 per cent of girls and 44 per cent of boys having been drunk at least twice.

More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1027322/Children-Britain-lead-world-drinking-drugs.html

It does not surprise me. :(

Does not surprise me either Floh....I live here and see it all around me and it just seems to be getting worse and worse.

I am stunned.I thought for sure the US would be at the top of the list.

Are there programs at the schools like here in the us?Example one of the big programs here is D.A.R.E. heres a link to their site.

http://www.dare.com/home/default.asp

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288