Dan Clune

Missing: November 6, 2004
Found: December 18, 2004 Pend Oreille River
Positively Id by dental records: Dec. 22, 2004
Original thread on WS:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16567

Press:
http://www.bonnercountydailybee.com/articles/2004/12/22/news/news03.txt

There are mostly dead links as the case is older. Same basic circumstances, except his shoe was located in the water the day after he went missing, and was tied- nothing about a cell phone. If anyone can add to this, please do.

He was originally from the Bronx, NY.

See, this is the type of thing that makes no sense, IMO. This guy was an accomplished surfer and all around sports guy. We're to believe that he just got too drunk one night and fell in the river and drowned. Oh.......and no one was around to see it happen.

Doesn't make sense,
fran

Exactly- also with the weird day after evidence found, friends that clam up, I could go on, trying to find a few minutes to run this down, I have that hinky meter feeling...

See, this is the type of thing that makes no sense, IMO. This guy was an accomplished surfer and all around sports guy. We're to believe that he just got too drunk one night and fell in the river and drowned. Oh.......and no one was around to see it happen.

Doesn't make sense,
fran

Exactly the way I feel fran! With what he knew, had done, how in the heck did he get into that river and drown!

I was wondering if anyone here knows if the resturant and bar where he was at was able to tell LE IF they thought he was drunk. They also should have known if he had anything to eat that night! If anyone knows, would you please post.

Thanks.....

xxxxxxoooooo
mama
:blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:

Exactly the way I feel fran! With what he knew, had done, how in the heck did he get into that river and drown!

I was wondering if anyone here knows if the resturant and bar where he was at was able to tell LE IF they thought he was drunk. They also should have known if he had anything to eat that night! If anyone knows, would you please post.

Thanks.....

xxxxxxoooooo
mama
:blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:

It was reported that he was actually cut off from another drink an hour before he was last seen. No word on the food.

hmmmmmm.........this is interesting. "....he went back into the lounge to get his sweat jacket."

Next thing you know, they're dragging him out of the river?

curious:confused:

fran

[Bhttp://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16567]

Clune was last seen shortly before 2 a.m. at the Long Bridge Grill in Sagle. He was reportedly preparing to leave with friends when he went back into the lounge to get his sweat jacket.

Yes Fran, his BLUE hooded sweatshirt, AND, it was reported he also went back in to get a female, Kendall, who, along with his friend "Pederson" has never spoken publicly about the evening other than their initial conversation. Brings several other cases to mind, don'tcha think?

Yes Fran, his BLUE hooded sweatshirt, AND, it was reported he also went back in to get a female, Kendall, who, along with his friend "Pederson" has never spoken publicly about the evening other than their initial conversation. Brings several other cases to mind, don'tcha think?

See, that's just it. Even IF many of these cases are not connected together, they also are 'suspicious.' On several occasions LE has commented about the circumstances being 'suspicious.' Yet, they're ruled homicide or suicide. I just feel many times, LE is too quick to jump to conclusions.

Oh, yeah! A rush to judgment! ;)

JMHO
fran

Hi there. I just read about this case and my mind immediately went to Dan Clune who I "knew"from bookcrossing.

His case was so weird. He was like a fish in the water and a serious guy. Good to see he is also mentioned on here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back