Abu Hamza loses extradition fight

I second that sentiment Floh. Can't stand the man:mad:

Does anybody know how he came to be missing both hands and one eye?

Sounds like he has beeen involved in terrorist attacks and organizations his whole adult life.

He is supposed to have lost both hands and his eye fighting in Afghanistan against the Red Army according to Wikipedia

Actually, after further reading....he says he lost them clearing land mines in Afghanistan:rolleyes:. Others say he lost them by getting them chopped off for theft in Saudi Arabia.

Actually, after further reading....he says he lost them clearing land mines in Afghanistan:rolleyes:. Others say he lost them by getting them chopped off for theft in Saudi Arabia.

Nice guy..right! Yeah..send him over the pond to us..we'll give him the hundred years.

You can have him...with pleasure. Personally I'd love to see him hanging by his hook!

Lol Momoffourboys, I didn't see the 'Not' at first.......

He is from my old neck of the woods, and in my opinion he stomped around like a tyrant there, and manipulated/encouraged purposeless young men into destructive and deadly lifestyles.

And I know we are not permitted to call people liars on WS, but I hope I can say....I think he lacks honour, and does not tell the truth. He tells stories to suit himself, and the current circumstances. Anyone who thinks he is a martyr should think again, in my opinion.

You're preaching to the choir, Zwie!
I am not objective, nor, sympathetic.
I am a New Yorker.

A real gem!
Raising the next generation of terrorists.

"In 1999 Hamza's eldest son, Mohammed Mustafa Kamel (at the time 17 years old), and his stepson, Mohsin Ghalain, were arrested in Yemen. They were convicted of being part of a bomb plot involving eight Britons and two Algerians, and were imprisoned for three years and seven years respectively. The prosecution alleged that Abu Hamza had sent them to Yemen to carry out terrorist attacks. The defence argued that the men had been tortured and called the trial a "travesty of justice".[19][20]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Hamza_al-Masri

Why is he being tried in the US? Surely whatever he did would belong to a different jurisdiction?

Prosecutors had charged the one-eyed, handless Abu Hamza with providing a satellite phone and advice to Yemeni militants who kidnapped Western tourists in 1998, an operation that led to the deaths of four hostages.

Abu Hamza also was accused of dispatching two followers to Oregon to establish a militant training facility and sending an associate to Afghanistan to help al Qaeda and the Taliban.

His lawyers claimed the case relied largely on the incendiary language in his sermons at London's Finsbury Park mosque, which earned him notoriety as one of Britain's most prominent radical Islamic voices.

Many of his words were played at trial, including an interview in which Abu Hamza expressed support for the September 11, 2001, attacks that killed nearly 3,000 people in the United States.

Defense lawyer Joshua Dratel said the relatively quick verdict demonstrated that the jurors reacted emotionally to the inflammatory statements rather than sticking to the evidence.

"This is what we feared, that there would be no deliberations at all, essentially," he said. "Beliefs are not a crime." He said he plans to appeal the conviction.

But the jury's foreman, Howard Bailynson, a 44-year-old Xerox employee, told reporters there was "no doubt" Abu Hamza received a fair trial.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/19/us-usa-security-imam-idUSBREA4I0NL20140519

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back