Bye Bye Blackbird

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
red-winged-blackbir_681484c.jpg

Blackbirds dive-bombing Chicago residents

Chicago residents have been warned to beware of blackbirds after a spate of dive-bombing attacks on cyclists and pedestrians.

The fiercely territorial behaviour of the male red-winged blackbird has been blamed for a series of incidents.

People have complained of being chased for up to 100 yards, pecked in the head and had their hair clawed.

The red-winged blackbird is a common American species and the eight-inch long males have distinctive bright red shoulder patches.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...lackbirds-dive-bombing-Chicago-residents.html

Apparently advises: "targeted by an angry blackbird to stare directly at it. If that fails, barking like a dog should keep it away, he said."

ready? :eek:

Couldn't staring at it get your eyes gouged out?!

They are very pretty birds, but I don't think I would want them around.

hmmm well i do have a realistic bark

(sad thing is, im not kidding lol)

Beautiful bird!

I love birds, but always get nervous when I see a large flock of them. Flashback from watching the movie "The Birds". I gotta tell you those bird beaks hurt~ Ouch!

Same thing here at the court house in Nashville.
They nest in the trees and go insane when anyone walks near the trees.
Numerous people have been "bombed" .

I saw a flock of thousands of blackbirds in the woods while on a hike. It was one of the most magnificent sights I have ever seen. They took turns diving down to the stream for water while the rest kept guard. We watched them for an hour. They were in their element there and seem out of place in more urban settings.

I didn't realize they were that territorial. My grandmother was constantly divebombed by Mockingbirds in her back yard. I remember them in Florida going after my cats in the back yard.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back