Graham School Information

Littledeer

Former Member
Reaction score
Posted by Kellee:

Graham School is near Weleetka. According to the Oklahoma Department of Education website, Graham schools has a total enrollment of 267 - 59 in elementary and 208 in secondary. Graham is not an all boys school. The girls just happened to be the only girls in their respective class (grade).

The population of Weleetka according to the 2000 census was 1014 ( the 1990 census population was 1010) with 368 households. This is a very small town.

Weleetka schools have an enrollment of 454 in grades K-12.

I teach in another very small town in Oklahoma. Our students come to us not only from the town proper but surrounding rural areas. For example, our 'town' has a population of 597 but our school enrollment for grades K-12 is 474.

I guess this isn't really important but is there any particular reason school got out so early? Is it an Oklahoma thing or just this school?

I guess this isn't really important but is there any particular reason school got out so early? Is it an Oklahoma thing or just this school?
They get out in May because they go back in August. Not all schools do the old traditional schedule of June-Sept.

The school calendar probably has something to do with ending the first semester of school before the Christmas break. The first semester runs August through December and the second semester runs January through May.

This is what people with advanced degrees in education do. They come up with stuff like this and they are proud of it. It all has to do with retention.

The next logical step is that all tests must be given on a Friday. Studies will show kids can't retain anything over a weekend. Then summer vacation must go because kids can't retain anything over the summer break. Then they will determine kids don't retain anything beyond graduation from high school so schooling will be dropped completely. The adminstrators will remain, but the teachers and students will be told not to bother.

And education funding will have to be increased to support the studies needed to fix the problem.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back