Quotes from OSBI, Family and LE

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
The quotes which are directly related or point out the facts of this case should be posted in one place. Skyla's grandmother's account of the condition of the body and the placement of the shots along with other pertinent information from OSBI, Okfuskee County Sheriff's Department, etc. Please include direct quotes ONLY with links to verify them.

7/27/2008
http://www.tulsaworld.com/common/pri...1_hWELEE443106

Unease builds over unsolved killings

Tulsa World

Jul 27, 2008 ... The Whitakers' sense of frustration is shared by the Placker family, which is now in the process of moving because "they're afraid to live ...
www.tulsaworld.com/common/printerfriendlystory.aspx?articleID=20080727_12_A1 _hWELEE443106 -

Tulsa World: Unease builds over unsolved killings

The Whitakers' sense of frustration is shared by the Placker family, ... and they can't drive that road anymore," according to Taylor's uncle, Joe Mosher. ...
www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectID=11&articleID=20080727_12_A1 _hWELEE443106 -

"It's still hard to talk about it," said Skyla's father, William Whitaker.

"We don't hear anything new from the OSBI."

He said he and his wife, Rose Whitaker, have asked the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation "plenty of questions, but there's been no answers they can give us."

"They haven't told us anything new since the day it happened," he said.

"The only thing we honestly know is our daughter was killed and she was with her friend when it happened. And they were shot multiple times."

Whitaker said his family is becoming increasingly frustrated by the investigation and the fact that no suspects have been arrested seven weeks after the slayings.

"We want them off the streets before it happens to other people's children," Whitaker said.

The Whitakers' sense of frustration is shared by the Placker family, which is now in the process of moving because "they're afraid to live there and they can't drive that road anymore," according to Taylor's uncle, Joe Mosher.

The family's anxiety with the investigation is felt on two fronts, he said.

"We're worried because it's taking so long, and they're not telling us everything," Mosher said.

Still, he believes that the OSBI is doing a great job and will eventually solve the case.

"We think they know something," he said, "but they're not saying what."

Beyond that, Mosher said, the fact that the investigation is now heading into its eighth week is cause for concern.

He said the family is worried that the investigation may eventually go by the wayside, that "they'll let it slip on the back burner."

"We don't want that," Mosher said. "We want to know why. Why would someone want to hurt two little girls?"

Whitaker also fears that the investigation may lose its intensity.

"We don't want to see the investigation lose its momentum,"

Last week, the OSBI released part of the 911 call reporting the slayings in the hope that someone with information about the case would hear it and come forward.

Mosher said the 911 call was made by his sister, Vicky Placker, Taylor's mother.

"When I heard it, it shocked me," he said. "I was at work, and it turned my stomach to hear it. I had to go home."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back