Supreme Court Rules against Death for Child Rape

gaia227

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping an
Reaction score
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25367455

They deemed it violated the ban on cruel and unusual punishment........

A child being forced to participate in a sexual act is cruel and unusual and the punishment should fit the crime......IMO, of course.

Excert from article

"The death penalty is not a proportional punishment for the rape of a child," Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote in his majority opinion. His four liberal colleagues joined him, while the four more conservative justices dissented.

I bet that he would change his mind if it was his daughter!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25367455

They deemed it violated the ban on cruel and unusual punishment........

A child being forced to participate in a sexual act is cruel and unusual and the punishment should fit the crime......IMO, of course.
I think they should be put to death too. I can't believe that once again...the perp is given more consideration than the victim!:furious:

This just breaks my heart for all the hurt, sexually abused kids out there. Sometimes it seems like no one is on their side.

I am very disappointed in this decision.

Survivors of child rape suffer their entire lives.

And this is why the parents should take matters in their own hands...
You hurt my child, you DIE. It is very simple.

But, I understand why this law is important. If the Pervs are facing death anyway for molesting, then why keep the victim alive? Unfortuantly we cannot torture child rapists so all they can get is a nice little jail cell with a TV and some books and the ACLU defending their right to look at *advertiser censored* online.

But, I understand why this law is important. If the Pervs are facing death anyway for molesting, then why keep the victim alive? Unfortuantly we cannot torture child rapists so all they can get is a nice little jail cell with a TV and some books and the ACLU defending their right to look at *advertiser censored* online.

So a child of rape should also have to face a parent in prison? That makes sense. The child hasn't been hurt enough. Let's make the child go through life blaming him or herself for their parent being locked up.

So a child of rape should also have to face a parent in prison? That makes sense. The child hasn't been hurt enough. Let's make the child go through life blaming him or herself for their parent being locked up.
I think pixie was just being sarcastic. The ruling truly sucks.:mad:

It makes perfect sense.
The laws are not protecting our children and it is our job to do so.

Pixies, can you explain the bolded statement. I am not sure what you are actually trying to say here:confused:

I think what she's saying is that, if the rapist was eligible for the death penalty for rape w/out murder, they might be more likely to go ahead and kill the victim. Same death penalty either way, but no witness.

I think what she's saying is that, if the rapist was eligible for the death penalty for rape w/out murder, they might be more likely to go ahead and kill the victim. Same death penalty either way, but no witness.

Okay that does make more sense, put that way. I think that the punishment fits the crime, IMO. They should fry:furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back