Supreme Court rules child rapists can't be executed

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/06/25/scotus.child.rape/index.html?eref=rss_crime
From Bill Mears
Supreme Court Producer

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The U.S. Supreme Court ruled 5-4 Wednesday that child rapists cannot be executed, concluding capital punishment is reserved for murderers.
The ruling stemmed from the case of Patrick Kennedy, who has been on Louisiana's death row since 2003, when he was sentenced to be executed for raping his 8-year-old stepdaughter.
Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote in the majority opinion that "evolving standards of decency" in the United States forbid capital punishment for any crime other than murder. Execution of Patrick Kennedy, the justices ruled, would be unconstitutional. (more at link)

:rolleyes:

Kennedy was convicted of sexually assaulting his stepdaughter in her bed. The attack caused internal injuries and bleeding to the child, requiring extensive surgery, as well as severe emotional trauma, Louisiana prosecutors said. (from above link)

Evolving standards of decency my *advertiser censored*. These Justices give any more thought and caring to the perp, and they will soon walk free without any time served.

This is a slap in the face to all victims, everywhere.

Oops, I just saw the other link about this. Sorry!

He did kill her. He took away her youth and her trust in every human being she comes in contact with for the rest of her life.

He did kill her. He took away her youth and her trust in every human being she comes in contact with for the rest of her life.
Yep. Not to mention that the girl in this case was eight years old and had her reproductive organs destroyed by the stepfather who violently raped her. There goes not only every fairy-tale princess magical wonder, but also the actual reality of never meeting that fairy-tale prince and having a baby of her own. Ever. A man who rapes a child has tried to completely crush and destroy her spirit. He has tried to destroy every little-girl dream she has ever imagined. I don't care if he is aware of it or not. He needs to be locked up forever so that she can walk free and try to recover and revive her dreams. He deserves nothing. She deserves everything we can possibly do.

Just what is the punishment commensurate with the crime of destroying a little girl's reproductive organs? Chopping off his dick? Works for me. Sorry if it sounds harsh. It seems only fair to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back