Boy with OCD thought he caused 9/11 terrorist attacks

Poor thing. Sounds like he is doing better now!

Salem

wow hes 10 now so he was he was 3 years old? poor little guy :(

CDO can be very compelling, for sure.

(No, it's not misspelled. It's the same thing as OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order, AS THEY SHOULD BE!) :)

CDO can be very compelling, for sure.

(No, it's not misspelled. It's the same thing as OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order, AS THEY SHOULD BE!) :)

It can be debilitating has ruined many lives.

wow hes 10 now so he was he was 3 years old? poor little guy :(

Is he 10 now? The article mentioned his good grades in school before the attack.

Maybe he was 10 at the time. Poor boy. I too have OCD (pretty severe) and it's definitely not fun to deal with every day. I'm glad he's improving. Hopefully he'll be able to live a normal life one day.

Is he 10 now? The article mentioned his good grades in school before the attack.

hmmm the article is a little vague, but it seems he was 10 THEN, so 17 now? still, poor boy.

i have OCD, and have had since at least 5. (dont remember anything before that) i almost didnt marry because of it. i was so afraid i would drive him up a wall. hubby deals with it, its mostly a cleaning compulsion, especially bathrooms LOL he says his sister spent hours in the bathroom and left it a mess, so this isnt TOO bad.

I have a slight case of OCD. One of the things is that I think something bad will happen to someone in my family if I don't end each conversation with "I love you." One of the others is that I have to call my mom to say goodnight and repeat the same thing, "Good night, I love you, call me if you need me." If on the slight chance I forget I have to call her back. If she says something to me after I've already said it and it requires a response from me then after I respond I have to say it again. If I don't something bad will happen to her.

So I understand on a much smaller scale what this little boy goes through. I'm glad he's doing better. That's what they call "having the weight of the world on your shoulders".

OCD has caused me great pain. I've been on medication for it for years, so it's easier to live with now. It can truly be a psychological nightmare--people have confessed to murders they had absolutely nothing to do with because of it. OCD is usually the first thing that comes to mind when I hear of a false confession. John Mark Karr might be an exception.

OCD has caused me great pain. I've been on medication for it for years, so it's easier to live with now. It can truly be a psychological nightmare--people have confessed to murders they had absolutely nothing to do with because of it. OCD is usually the first thing that comes to mind when I hear of a false confession. John Mark Karr might be an exception.

60974902.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back