Australia - Beanca Newman, 18 mos, suffocated, Caboolture, QLD, 30 July 2001

White Rain

Reaction score
"She begs the public to leave her in peace during her fresh start at motherhood."
This woman does NOT DESERVE to be a mother again. Whats she gonna do when this baby won't go to bed at night? Can we expects chains next time...or maybe cages? Jesus.

An Australian woman jailed in 2003 for the sickening "hog-tying" death of her 18-month-old daughter has revealed she is going to be a mother again.
In an interview in Saturday’s Qweekend magazine, Rebecca Mae Haliday, 27, who lives in Victoria and is a free woman after her parole expired in February, speaks of her fears for what will happen when authorities find out about the pregnancy.
Haliday begs the public to leave her in peace during her fresh shot at motherhood and says she is willing to abide by any conditions imposed by government authorities so she can keep the new baby.
Haliday and her former boyfriend Daniel Ronald Green, now 30, were both jailed for six years for the manslaughter of her youngest child Beanca Newman, who died in 2001 in their caravan home, north of Brisbane.
She also had a two-year-old son at the time of Beanca's death. The pair admitted Beanca was tied up with rolled bedsheets night after night for weeks to teach her "that bedtime was bedtime."
more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,373263,00.html

It's plainly wrong she should even have her freedom, let alone be free to have another child.

all the above is in my opinion she should have had her tubes extracted.

This is sickening. 18 month olds do not understand lessons like this. Stories like this make me sick. Some people are too stupid and too cruel to parent... once you commit a fatal crime against a child you should have your reproductive rights taken away.

This is sickening. 18 month olds do not understand lessons like this. Stories like this make me sick. Some people are too stupid and too cruel to parent... once you commit a fatal crime against a child you should have your reproductive rights taken away.

I completely agree. I can't believe she honestly wants to be allowed to parent this child she is expecting...that seems like such a bad idea to me.

I can't even imagine hog-tying a little girl like that. That's so horrible. :( :mad: What is WRONG with people?! Now she's going to have another one?! :mad:

So she is hoping that with publicity people will rally around her so she can keep the next child? Uh-perhaps not a great decision. I do not know enough about the case to decide whether or not she is now sufficiently mature and remorseful and moderately eductated about infants and toddlers. But wow, this baby best be watched closely.

To teach her "bedtime is bedtime". So, tying her up night after night didn't work. Seriously, some people are just backward.

Hopefully this infant will know when to go to bed.

If she wanted to adopt a child she would be flat out refused but she can biologically have as many kids as she wants. There is something wrong with that picture and it is not a strict adoption process to ensure the capability of the parent.

I hope Children's Services swoop in the second that baby leaves her uterus.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back