AZ AZ - Kenneth Welch, 48, Flagstaff, 5 April 1990

becklynn

Reaction score
There is a guy on the DoeNetwork listed as endangered missing. I worked with him and called the Arizona police and told them he was alive and well. Apparently they did nothing, the officer I spoke with did not seem to even care.
I don't know how to post a link to his pic.His name is Ken Welch. He has a discoloration on his neck. His age, picture and neck discoloration all match the man I know. He had 2 children with him and said his wife, a Phillipino had moved back to the Phillipines and that is why he had the children. I saw his daughter often and she said she could not remember her mother and did not know why they suddenly left Arizona to come to FL.
I have tried to contact the webmaster of the Doe Network but my old e mail addy keeps comiing up for some reason and I can't email. Any suggestions. Please don't tell me to call Arizona again as it took about a week to get anyone to talk to me and when someone did he did not seem interested.

Is this the guy you are talking about? http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1243dmaz.html

KLWelch.jpg

I don't know... I think maybe they aren't sure that is indeed the same man. The Flagstaff police should have done a check on the identity of the person, if they don't, I don't know who will. You could tell this man he is listed as missing however the story about the wife seems a little bizarre so I dk if I would myself talk a lot to this man about reporting himself to LE. The DN won't remove the case until it has been confirmed by LE that he is safe and sound.

becklynn,

How long ago was it that you worked with this man? Do you still have contact with him or his daughter?

becklynn,

I think you should try calling again, maybe this time you will get a different officer.
Also, before you call make notes about what information you want to tell the officer. i.e. Where he worked with you, how long he was there, his case number, address he lived at then, name he went by, etc. (not saying you didn't do that the first time you called) You said it was 1999 when you last saw him ... almost 10 years.

The story his 'daughter' told you does sound kind of strange.

Good luck.

How old was his daughter when you spoke to her? What about the other child, did you ever see him/her?

It just shows that this case was probably never considered suspicious probably because LE knows something that is not published on Doe Network. Custody issue maybe. Let's say his wife reported him missing during a custody battle, but then lost interest and went back to the Philippines and never contacted anyone in Arizona since. That would explain both why the man is still in the system as missing and lack of interest on the part of the authorities in AZ. I suspect there are a number of similar cases listed in missing persons databases.

There is a guy on the DoeNetwork listed as endangered missing. I worked with him and called the Arizona police and told them he was alive and well. Apparently they did nothing, the officer I spoke with did not seem to even care.
I don't know how to post a link to his pic.His name is Ken Welch. He has a discoloration on his neck. His age, picture and neck discoloration all match the man I know. He had 2 children with him and said his wife, a Phillipino had moved back to the Phillipines and that is why he had the children. I saw his daughter often and she said she could not remember her mother and did not know why they suddenly left Arizona to come to FL.
I have tried to contact the webmaster of the Doe Network but my old e mail addy keeps comiing up for some reason and I can't email. Any suggestions. Please don't tell me to call Arizona again as it took about a week to get anyone to talk to me and when someone did he did not seem interested.

Hi Becklynn,
I am the new Detective with Flagstaff PD assigned to this case. I sent you a private message but haven't heard from you. I am hoping this gets to you some how and we can talk.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back