IL IL/MO Nicholas Sheley

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
He was suspected in the murder of one man originally. His wife speaks about him in this interview:
http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/Stock%20News/1721577/
Holly, 30, said that when her husband's sober, though, he's a "regular society guy."
"At this point right now, if I could say that he was possessed ... and people would actually believe it, I could say he was, because this is not Nick," Holly said. "Without drugs, without alcohol, Nick is kind-hearted. He's caring. He has respect for people. He's a hard worker. He's a loving dad."
Sheley made his living doing independent construction work, and often was hired by contractors, Holly said.
After their son was born, he took a special pride in showing him real construction action. He even bought Nicholas Jr. toy construction cars and would explain what each one did, Holly said.
"When Nicholas was born, we used to argue about whether he'd be a momma's boy or a daddy's boy," Holly said with a smile, believing at one point that their son would cling more to his mother. "But it's all about Daddy. It's all about Daddy. And if my Nick goes somewhere, Nicholas has to go with him. He has to do whatever his daddy does. He's fearless." (more at link)

Days later, she and 4 others (including his little boy) are dead:
http://www.rrstar.com/communities/x390622116/Police-seek-man-in-slayings-of-5-people

Responding to a request for a welfare check, police arrived at the apartment to find the bodies of two men, a woman and a child. A Quad Cities television station reported that a woman who lived at the apartment is married to Nicholas T. Sheley of Sterling.

Sheley, 28, has been sought since Thursday when Reed’s body was discovered in the trunk of his 2003 Buick Century in Sterling. (more at link)

I just read this on Fox. This guy is scary. I hope he is caught soon.

Well, now up to eight and counting. Scary looking dude!:eek:

JMHO
fran

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,374282,00.html

Murder Warrant Issued for 'Person of Interest' in String of Midwest Killings

ROCK FALLS, Ill. — Police issued a murder warrant in one of eight Midwest killings that may be connected to the same person of interest who is the focus of a massive manhunt.

Authorities said Tuesday that an intensive search is under way for 28-year-old Nicholas Troy Sheley.

They've obtained a warrant for his arrest on charges of first-degree murder, aggravated battery and vehicular hijacking in the death of Ronald Randall, who was beaten to death and left behind an Illinois grocery store.

Authorities said Tuesday that there was "evidence at each of these scenes" linking Sheley to the crimes.

<<<<more at link>>>>>

http://www.week.com/news/local/22779234.html

<<<<<<snip>>>>>>>>\

Investigators say Sheley is a person of interest in at least five of eight recent murders in the two states.

Four of the victims were discovered on Monday in Rock Falls in western Illinois.
Police were asked to check on the people in an apartment, and found two men, a woman and a child dead.
Investigators say Sheley is an acquaintance of one of the victims.

Sheley faces charges of First Degree Murder, Aggravated Battery, Aggravated Vehicular Hijacking, and Theft in Knox County with bond at one million dollars.

Here is a link to his pic etc
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...0BF4D58A3A6198F7862574780083AE1A?OpenDocument

I am from Festus, the little town the AK couple was murdered in and this story has rocked us to the core. I work just 2 miles from both the motel where they were killed and the gas station where they were sadly dumped. I pray this sicko is found.

He DOES look SCARY and he looks like he's out to take as many people as he can with him!

I would definitely be hiding if he was in my neck of the woods!:eek:

fran

He DOES look SCARY and he looks like he's out to take as many people as he can with him!

I would definitely be hiding if he was in my neck of the woods!:eek:

fran

Fran, yes! I know...I closed last night at one of my jobs and I was so afraid to walk out by myself at night being so close to the motel. I had to pass it on the way home and it gave me chills.

Captain of the major case squad is doing a live news briefing right now. Apparently there was a huge piece of evidence found in the dumpster but they won't say what. He says the crime was extremely brutal and Sheley is considered very dangerous. Crime was random. There have been a significant amount of leads that he has been spotted in St Louis.

gheezeeeee, I'd say this creep is a serial killer. :furious:
Earlier today I heard a report on Fox that stated the number of murdered is 8 and counting. :confused:
Hope the perp is caught asap.

Did I understand this correctly? He killed his own son and wife AFTER she talked to the media about how good of a guy he was? And why NJ to Missouri? :waitasec:

Actually the thread title is incorrect. It began in the Rock Falls and Sterling area in Illinois, not NJ. Just some confusion from somewhere. This is freaking out everyone in this midwestern area, I can tell you that. Sounds like he's lost all sense of reasoning and God knows where he's headed now. He's done some travelling to commit his crimes, that's for sure. Hope they catch this guy, and yesterday!

Good, at least one of them off the streets. I am sure the victims and their families aren't as grateful as their pain has to be tremendous. But for the rest of society they are at least safe from future victims from this perp. He won't be getting out and that is only thing I can say good about this situation.

Wow! Just saw they caught this creep. I'm so glad they got him off the street.

He is one scary guy.

fran

Fran, yes! I know...I closed last night at one of my jobs and I was so afraid to walk out by myself at night being so close to the motel. I had to pass it on the way home and it gave me chills.

LOL, this is exactly why I couldn't work a job with night shift. I'm scared at night! :chicken:

Glad they got the guy off the street and you can breathe easier now.

JMHO
fran

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah