Who Are these 'Faceless' People roaming around London?

gaia227

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping an
Reaction score
Please excuse the source....he had the most pictures http://www.dlisted.com/node/26901

If you google faceless people this is what you get this:
http://www.facelesspeople.com/
Notice the emblem at the bottom looks very much like what they are wearing on their lapels. Lotus - a car company. I wonder if it is an advertising type thing?

They are creepy.

I'd bet money they're unveiling a new car soon. Your second link gives that impression. You can barely see it, but it says at the top, "true character will emerge in" and then it shows the countdown. Nineteen days, etc. and counting. I'm not freaked.

Ooh, it would be cool if they were from "Anonymous." They just caught my interest recently regarding their stance on the Church of Scientology. I hope it's not just a stupid ad campaign.

Ooh, it would be cool if they were from "Anonymous." They just caught my interest recently regarding their stance on the Church of Scientology. I hope it's not just a stupid ad campaign.

If you look close, you can see that the logo worn on the lapels of the faceless models matches the logo at the bottom of the FacelessPeople.com webpage.

I agree with the DListed commenter who said "Please be something cooler!"

London is, after all, one of the ultimate surveillance societies. If this were not an ad campaign, it would have been a pretty cool civil-liberties type of protest.

Anonymous would come up with something quirkier, I'm thinking. (If I use the word "quirky," I always mean it as a compliment.)

Steve

Thanks Steve - I thought the logos matched but couldn't tell for sure. Well, that sucks if I just gave extra publicity to a car company.

I agree with you - it would have, could have been a pretty cool civil-liberties type protest.

Thanks Steve - I thought the logos matched but couldn't tell for sure. Well, that sucks if I just gave extra publicity to a car company.

I agree with you - it would have, could have been a pretty cool civil-liberties type protest.

If only. :(

Don't apologize for Dlisted, gaia!!!!!

I love the D :blushing:

Oh yeah, I see the extreme humor and interest in a bunch of people without smiles or eyes.:eek:

Newborn babies look at faces first, and recognize their caregiver's faces very early in life. They will prefer the photos of faces over photos of objects or abstracts.
Since human interaction is based so strongly upon looking into another person's face for non-verbal cues, for validation, for understanding, I think this is a very dehumanizing stunt. I remember Lotus being a very luxurious brand of car back in the ?? 70's- 80's. May not be the same company, but IMO, their faceless people are about as humorous as I find clowns. Both unsettle me on some level because both distort human facial features.

A clever advert: draw attention... get the masses curious... boom, intro the product.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back