Demand Change In Vermont Law

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
Please post all of your ideas, letters, campaigns, and other thoughts about changing the laws in Vermont here. This is the place to discuss it!

Feel free to change the text and repost.

Dear Vermont Senator:

Brooke Bennett was killed by a previously convicted sex offender Michael Jacques. She was 12 years old and was apparently killed by her Uncle for sex. Michael Jacques was let out of prison after serving 3 years for kidnapping and rape, now he has committed murder against his 12 year old niece for sex. You've heard the news, seen the pictures. Do you have children? Are you ready to enact Jessica's Law yet?

The law is named after Jessica Lunsford, a young Florida girl who was raped and murdered in February 2005 by John Couey, a previously convicted sex offender. Public outrage over this case spurred Florida officials to introduce this legislation. Among the key provisions of the law are a mandatory minimum sentence of 25 years in prison[2] and lifetime electronic monitoring[3] of adults convicted of lewd or lascivious acts against a victim less than 12 years old. In Florida, sexual battery or rape of a child less than twelve years old is a capital felony, punishable only by death or life imprisonment with no chance of parole. Taken from Wikipedia.

Please tell me your stance now on this law after this brutal killing of a 12 year old girl in your state by a previous sex offender and kidnapper. Can you tell me whose decision it was to let Michael Jacques out of prison after only serving 3 years for rape and kidnapping?

The country is looking at you to pass this law in your state now.

Hoping to hear from you.

Send to:

The Vermont Legislature
Legislative Directory
E-Mail Addresses for Senators
2007-2008 Legislative Session

cayer@leg.state.vt.us; sbartlett@leg.state.vt.us; jcampbell@leg.state.vt.us; vt13@aol.com; bcarris@leg.state.vt.us; bill.carris@carris.net; bill.carris@carris.net; dcollins@leg.state.vt.us; jcondos@leg.state.vt.us; gcoppenrath@leg.state.vt.us; george.coppenrath@gmail.com; acummings@leg.state.vt.us; wdoyle@leg.state.vt.us; EFlanagan@leg.state.vt.us; hgiard@leg.state.vt.us; rhartwell@leg.state.vt.us; hartlaw@sover.net; villuzzi@leg.state.vt.us; janek45@hotmail.com; skittell@leg.state.vt.us; vlyons@leg.state.vt.us; vvlyons@cs.com; mmacdonald@leg.state.vt.us; senatormark@aol.com; Hull@sover.net; rmccormack@leg.state.vt.us; dick@mccormack4vt.com; hmiller@leg.state.vt.us; hinda@deforestconcepts.com; kjmbjm@aol.com; anitka@leg.state.vt.us; alicenitka@comcast.net; dracine@leg.state.vt.us; pscott14@aol.com; rsears@leg.state.vt.us; senprespt@leg.state.vt.us; dsnelling@leg.state.vt.us; jwhite@leg.state.vt.us

I just sent the first batch. I did leave out Jacques until the end. Guilty til proven innocent thing. Anyhow it went out fine, I see how many bounce back.

Subject line I used:
Vermont: Your hug a rehab program isn't working.

Dear Vermont Senator:

Brooke Bennett was killed by a previously convicted sex offender. She was 12 years old and was apparently killed by her uncle for sex. This sexual offender was let out of prison after serving 3 years for kidnapping and rape, now he has committed murder against his 12 year old niece for sex. You've heard the news, seen the pictures. Do you have children? Are you ready to enact Jessica's Law yet?

The law is named after Jessica Lunsford, a young Florida girl who was raped and murdered in February 2005 by John Couey, a previously convicted sex offender. Public outrage over this case spurred Florida officials to introduce this legislation. Among the key provisions of the law are a mandatory minimum sentence of 25 years in prison[2] and lifetime electronic monitoring[3] of adults convicted of lewd or lascivious acts against a victim less than 12 years old. In Florida, sexual battery or rape of a child less than twelve years old is a capital felony, punishable only by death or life imprisonment with no chance of parole. Taken from Wikipedia.

Please tell me your stance now on this law after this brutal killing of a 12 year old girl in your state by a previous sex offender and kidnapper. Can you tell me whose decision it was to let the alledged killer,Michael Jacques out of prison after only serving 3 years for rape and kidnapping?

Hoping to hear from you.

Thank you for your email. Due to the large number of emails received it may take a little time to respond. I will try to reply as soon as possible
Diane Snelling, Vermont legislature

I just sent the first batch. I did leave out Jacques until the end. Guilty til proven innocent thing. Anyhow it went out fine, I see how many bounce back.

Subject line I used:

Dear Vermont Senator:

Brooke Bennett was killed by a previously convicted sex offender. She was 12 years old and was apparently killed by her uncle for sex. This sexual offender was let out of prison after serving 3 years for kidnapping and rape, now he has committed murder against his 12 year old niece for sex. You've heard the news, seen the pictures. Do you have children? Are you ready to enact Jessica's Law yet?

Please tell me your stance now on this law after this brutal killing of a 12 year old girl in your state by a previous sex offender and kidnapper. Can you tell me whose decision it was to let the alledged killer,Michael Jacques out of prison after only serving 3 years for rape and kidnapping?

Hoping to hear from you.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Hello,
In Vermont, this is a time of mourning, prayer and reflection, compassion for the victims and solidarity as a community. For any politician to use this moment as an opportunity to comment on any agenda, including a good one, would be ugly and disrespectful. Please get back in touch at a more appropriate time.
Senator Dick McCormack

Hello,
In Vermont, this is a time of mourning, prayer and reflection, compassion for the victims and solidarity as a community. For any politician to use this moment as an opportunity to comment on any agenda, including a good one, would be ugly and disrespectful. Please get back in touch at a more appropriate time.
Senator Dick McCormack

Out of respect of the family, we as a nation should be demanding immediate action!

Subject line I used:

Dear Vermont Senator:

Hoping to hear from you.

Did you sign your name? I am guessing so. Drafting my letter now:blowkiss:

Hello,
Senator Dick McCormack

I find that incredibly insulting.

Yes. Please try and get back in touch before the next child is killed by a sex offender.

Now is the time for this politician to stand up and represent the people who elected him and defend them.

Response from Senator Dick McCormack

Hello ********:
Please re-send your email to me in about two weeks. Given that the defendant was under state supervision when he allegedly committed his crimes, a reconsideration of Vermont's child protection policy is surely in order. But this is not the moment. This is a moment of mourning, prayer and reflection, compassion for this poor little girl and her heart broken parents, and mutual comfort within our community. For me or any politician to use this tragedy at this time to advance any agenda, even a good one, would be ugly and disrespectful.

After a decent interval, I look forward to a serious discussion.
Senator Dick McCormack

Just out of curiosity, how many of you writing are Vermonters?

Dear Vermont Senator:

How many more Sex offenders will walk the streets, stalk the internet and prey on our youth before tougher laws and sentencing are enacted? How is it that a convicted rapist and kidnapper goes free after only serving 3 years for his disgustingly awful crime?

The law is named after Jessica Lunsford, a young
Florida girl who was raped and murdered in February 2005 by John Couey, a previously convicted sex offender. Public outrage over this case spurred Florida officials to introduce this legislation. Among the key provisions of the law are a mandatory minimum sentence of 25 years in prison [2] and lifetime electronic monitoring [3] of adults convicted of lewd or lascivious acts against a victim less than 12 years old. In Florida, sexual battery or rape of a child less than twelve years old is a capital felony, punishable only by death or life imprisonment with no chance of parole.

Your State needs action, our Nation needs action, and the children of our future need you to take action. We owe it to this family and the many more around the country to enact stricter and permanent penalties for these monsters. One more child does not have to die!

Hoping to hear you thoughts and stance on this very important issue,

Just out of curiosity, how many of you writing are Vermonters?

California , but the issue should be and needs to be addressed across our nation. We have how many websleuthers? Could you imagine the campaign we could launch if each sleuther and two of their family members sent similar letters to their Senators? Power in the people ya'll. Let's do this!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back