Ramsey House back on the market... again

I don't think I could sleep at night if I lived there.

I wish I had the money to buy that house. I would love to live there. I think the history of the house is what makes it interesting, since the design isn't all that great. I'm just sorry they bricked up the wine cellar. I think I'd have to tear it down and put it back to original. I also think I'd want to put up some kind of wall at the master bedroom for privacy. I don't know how they had any kind of "private life" with it that like that. I know ,I know they pribobly didn't have much of that at all anyway, but still.....I like my privacy so I'd like to do something with that.

So are you all going to tell me that if I bought that house and wanted to have a huge Websleuths get-together none of you would come and stay there? Even for a weekend?

I had no idea the house was that big. The only pic I've seen is the one they showed on the news with the candy canes. It's a beautiful house. Someone must of had some serious pull to get the address changed. I've never heard of that being done before.

I wish I had the money to buy that house. I would love to live there. I think the history of the house is what makes it interesting, since the design isn't all that great. I'm just sorry they bricked up the wine cellar. I think I'd have to tear it down and put it back to original. I also think I'd want to put up some kind of wall at the master bedroom for privacy. I don't know how they had any kind of "private life" with it that like that. I know ,I know they pribobly didn't have much of that at all anyway, but still.....I like my privacy so I'd like to do something with that.

So are you all going to tell me that if I bought that house and wanted to have a huge Websleuths get-together none of you would come and stay there? Even for a weekend?

I'll be there. Just say when.

Here is the link the realtor has for the page............as if the house were not creepy enough...........let's take a picture at night for the cover shot?!

http://www.idxre.com/idx/detail.cfm?cid=4081&bid=66&pid=572750&ff=1

Spectacular 1920s home on large lot with incredible trees & landscaping in the coveted University Hill district. Updated throughout while maintaining historic character. Gourmet kitchen with Wolf range, walk-in refrigerator/freezer, granite counters. Also features leaded glass windows, 3 fireplaces, butler's pantry with stainless steel appliances, hardwood floors, large private master with fireplace, his/her closets & Flatiron views. See link for more photos. PLEASE SEE EXTRAS FOR SHOWING INFO.

5 Bedrooms
5 Full | 3 Partial Bathrooms
7,092 Est. Sq. Ft.

Listing # 572750

$2,680,000

They left out...huge maze like basement w/wine cellar where former owner's 6 year old daughter was found murdered.

I agree with SD...there is NO WAY that I could live there...and sleep at night!!!!! It could be haunted...nobody seems to stay for very long.

I think I have to agree w/ Deedee that the house would have negative energy in it,but that God has taken care of JB and she is where she's supposed to be,not letting her see the awful way her parents and others have behaved and betrayed her,esp. the lawyers milking the case for every penny they can (and then bragging about it).

I would love to buy the house then tear it down,donating the materials to Habitat for Humanity or whoever could use them.IMO JB has been exploited enough,and in the future (and maybe not tomorrow,but sometime) I can clearly see someone turning the house into a bed and breakfast,charging more to stay in JB's 'room',and claiming it's haunted,as has been done w/ other houses where a murder has taken place (Lizzie Borden house for one).And perhaps some are haunted,but for this case and for JB...enough is enough.

anybody got 2.6 mill and a wrecking ball?

It's not haunted. She's moved on...believe me.
Of course, all traces of forensic evidence is long gone- removed by the "group of investors" (i.e. R supporters) who SAID they were going to donate the profits when it was resold. Wanna bet that didn't happen? It would have been good to test some of those carpet fibers and other things with today's forensic methods.

Interesting that the realtors site didn't show the front (and more recognizable) view of the house. It's described as a 1920s Tudor, but that huge incongruous addition completely disguises that fact. I know subsequent owners each made some modifications to the home, one of which was to have the address changed. The iron gated fence with brick stanchions was added too, probably to keep people from trespassing on the property, looking in those basement windows.

It's not haunted. She's moved on...believe me.
Of course, all traces of forensic evidence is long gone- removed by the "group of investors" (i.e. R supporters) who SAID they were going to donate the profits when it was resold. Wanna bet that didn't happen?
yes,to be donated to the JBR Children's Foundation,which was ...the R's themselves! And we all know how they used their donations..

I can, but wouldn't.

Who would want to live there? Seriously! A place where little girl was raped by who knows and murdered by her MOMMY (IMO). No thanks!

I totally agree with ya! No way...no how.

yes,to be donated to the JBR Children's Foundation,which was ...the R's themselves! And we all know how they used their donations..

Ummm- let's see....to pay their LAWYERS?

You know for sure I would be there. The first and last thing I would do is pray that Jon Benet and any one who had anything to do with her murder or the cover up be brought to justice and revealed Post-Humously if that applies and Gods will be done. I would then ask for special blessings for the new owner as her heart is in the right place.

Spectacular 1920s home on large lot with incredible trees & landscaping in the coveted University Hill district. Updated throughout while maintaining historic character. Gourmet kitchen with Wolf range, walk-in refrigerator/freezer, granite counters. Also features leaded glass windows, 3 fireplaces, butler's pantry with stainless steel appliances, hardwood floors, large private master with fireplace, his/her closets & Flatiron views. See link for more photos. PLEASE SEE EXTRAS FOR SHOWING INFO.

5 Bedrooms
5 Full | 3 Partial Bathrooms
7,092 Est. Sq. Ft.

Listing # 572750

$2,680,000

They left out...huge maze like basement w/wine cellar where former owner's 6 year old daughter was found murdered.

I agree with SD...there is NO WAY that I could live there...and sleep at night!!!!! It could be haunted...nobody seems to stay for very long.

If I could I would buy it at least then I would know it would never be used in a wrong or negative way again. I would fill it with the sounds of laughter of grandchildren and let it be a home where love could live again.

I wish it were haunted. So she could tell/show us exactly what happened.

If I could I would buy it at least then I would know it would never be used in a wrong or negative way again. I would fill it with the sounds of laughter of grandchildren and let it be a home where love could live again.

Awwwww!!!! You made me cry!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back