The Doe Network:
Case File 816UMON

816UMON.jpg

Tattoo

Unidentified White Male

The victim was discovered on August 18, 1999 in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 45 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'10" (180 cm); 146 lbs. (66 kg)
Distinguishing Characteristics: Long dark brown hair with some gray and a receding hair line; brown eyes. Beard, Mustache, Sideburns.
Dentals: Upper dentures, decayed lower teeth
Clothing: Blue Denim pants, Size 31, Sewn repair across both knees. White and beige single sock. Brown leather work boot, Size 10.
Marks, Scars, Tattoos: Tattoo - Upper right shoulder - in black ink "Linda" in bold upper and lower case letters with a "Heart" above the letter "i" measuring 12.5 cm across and 4 cm tall. Also a previous tracheotomy.

Case History
The victim was located in the Niagara River, near the "Whirlpool" in Niagara Falls, Ontario, on August 18, 1999.

http://www.opp.ca/Investigative/UnidentifiedRemains/uclist/index.htm

Unidentified Human Remains found fr:
01/01/1990 to 31/12/1999

Male found May, 18, 1999, with tattoo of Linda in large letters on shoulder.

DATE Found: 8/18/1999AGE (Estimated): 45-100GENDER: MaleRACE: CaucasianHEIGHT: 180 to cm : 5 ft 10 to inWEIGHT: 66 to kg : 146 to lbsBUILD: N/ADENTAL: Upper dentures, decayed lower teethHAIR: Long dark brown hair with some grey and a receding hair line, Brown, Longer than Shoulder; FACIAL HAIR: Beard, Moustache, SideburnsEYES: BrownUNIQUE FEATURES: Tattoo - Upper right shoulder - in black ink "Linda" in bold upper and lower case letters with a "Heart" above the letter "i" measuring 12.5 cm across and 4 cm tall. Also a previous tracheotomy.HABITS: N/ACLOTHING:
  • Pants, Jeans, Blue Denim, Size 31, Sewn repair across both knees
  • Socks, White and beige, Single sock
  • Footwear, Work Boots, Brown, Size 10, Brown leather work boot
PERSONAL EFFECTS: N/ASUMMARY: The body of this adult male was recovered from the Niagara River.LOCATION Found: Niagara Falls, Ontario, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Near the "Whirlpool", Niagara RiverPOLICE SERVICE: Niagara Regional Police Service
CONTACT US
1-877-9FIND ME (1-877-934-6363) Toll Free in North America
opp.isb.resolve@jus.gov.on.ca
(705) 330-4144 for local or outside of North America
or
Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477)

http://www.opp.ca/Investigative/UnidentifiedRemains/uclist/index.htm

Unidentified Human Remains found fr:
01/01/1990 to 31/12/1999

Male found May, 18, 1999, with tattoo of Linda in large letters on shoulder.

DATE Found: 8/18/1999AGE (Estimated): 45-100GENDER: MaleRACE: CaucasianHEIGHT: 180 to cm : 5 ft 10 to inWEIGHT: 66 to kg : 146 to lbsBUILD: N/ADENTAL: Upper dentures, decayed lower teethHAIR: Long dark brown hair with some grey and a receding hair line, Brown, Longer than Shoulder; FACIAL HAIR: Beard, Moustache, SideburnsEYES: BrownUNIQUE FEATURES: Tattoo - Upper right shoulder - in black ink "Linda" in bold upper and lower case letters with a "Heart" above the letter "i" measuring 12.5 cm across and 4 cm tall. Also a previous tracheotomy.HABITS: N/ACLOTHING:
  • Pants, Jeans, Blue Denim, Size 31, Sewn repair across both knees
  • Socks, White and beige, Single sock
  • Footwear, Work Boots, Brown, Size 10, Brown leather work boot
PERSONAL EFFECTS: N/ASUMMARY: The body of this adult male was recovered from the Niagara River.LOCATION Found: Niagara Falls, Ontario, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Near the "Whirlpool", Niagara RiverPOLICE SERVICE: Niagara Regional Police Service
CONTACT US
1-877-9FIND ME (1-877-934-6363) Toll Free in North America
opp.isb.resolve@jus.gov.on.ca
(705) 330-4144 for local or outside of North America
or
Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477)
Here is the link to this specific UID:

http://www.missing-u.ca/UIDetail.aspx?PersonID=64

And here's the tattoo on his right shoulder:
2613275470045078242S600x600Q85.jpg

Who is the mysterious "Linda" ?

Articles say victim so how? Is that a bullet hole in his chin or something from being in the water in the link?

It seems he could be easily identified with tat and tracheotomy scar :sigh:

NY police have been listing lots of MPs from the US side/Niagara Falls region in the past week or so on Namus (see the Dashboard for the latest www.namus.gov/Dashboard)

As well as a distinctive tattoo "Linda" this UID also had a previous tracheotomy.

Last edited:
Just found this guy on namus. He is also 5 foot 10 with a linda tattoo on upper right arm. And had a beard and moustache when last seen.
But.. he did have another tattoo that i see no mention of...

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
I came to suggest this too. A lot of things line up, but others do not. Rich had two tattoos, Linda on his upper right and Mom on left. I was looking at this photo compared to the one here of the UID, and the tattoo on Rich looks lower down than the one on the UID (assuming we are seeing Rich’s right side). I think too the Mom tattoo would have also been noted.

F8184CF0-9CAD-4681-B122-CB4E8CAD0590.jpeg A16F1292-D475-4671-843A-23869B36647E.jpeg

Did anyone submit Duffy? He could have had the Mom tattoo removed, it had been a good 29 years since he was last seen so anything could have happened to him in that time. Same height, fits the age. If not, I'm happy to do it.

Did anyone submit Duffy? He could have had the Mom tattoo removed, it had been a good 29 years since he was last seen so anything could have happened to him in that time. Same height, fits the age. If not, I'm happy to do it.
Submit it again if you can please. I've submitted so many, I can't remember if I did or not

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back