Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #15

Status
Not open for further replies.

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Please continue here.

NOTE!! PAY ATTENTION TO THIS...IF ANY POSTER POSTS A MINORS NAME IN THIS FORUM, FOR ANY REASON, YOU WILL BE PUT IN TIME OUT FOR UNDETERMINED AMOUNT OF TIME.

I am going to go and clean up thread #14....I have been getting alerts you all are posting names of minors. Let's stop that right now.

Links to previous and similar threads can be found toward the bottom of the page.

I hit the reply button on thread #14 and the thread was closed.
So here it is;

DS....is this the same picture you have?..the one that's on the front page of the burlingtonfreepress, this morning?

My dearest Close,:blowkiss:
Yes, that is the same one. I have 2 copies of the Burlington Free Press and that is what I was going to post.
I am working on a current photo.

So much Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

Thank-you my dearest Chica,:blowkiss:
I was going to post that here when I got home. That is an old photo of Gagnon. I am working on getting an updated one.

Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

Thank you so much ds - you are the BESTEST!:blowkiss:

DS, any help you can provide in getting us the mysteriously witheld mugshot would be fantastic! From your experience with the prison system, any thoughts on why is it hasn't been released?

Please continue here.

NOTE!! PAY ATTENTION TO THIS...IF ANY POSTER POSTS A MINORS NAME IN THIS FORUM, FOR ANY REASON, YOU WILL BE PUT IN TIME OUT FOR UNDETERMINED AMOUNT OF TIME.

I am going to go and clean up thread #14....I have been getting Pm's you all are posting names of minors. Let's stop that right now.

Links to previous and similar threads can be found toward the bottom of the page.
Thank you christine, and that would apply also to posting photos in the MySpace link also............right?

DS, any help you can provide in getting us the mysteriously witheld mugshot would be fantastic! From your experience with the prison system, any thoughts on why is it hasn't been released?

Could it be the difference in the Feds and local police? Same reason why no cameras in Federal Court, different procedures.

Thank you christine, and that would apply also to posting photos in the MySpace link also............right?

Yes. This is totally not needed IMO. I don't see how posting minor's names, info, myspaces will help move this case along.

>in the comments, someone knows (from a source they refuse to quote) that >Denise walked in on MJ and AR in the act and walked out and never said >anything.

Well, so far, I'd count that as potentially interesting, but hearsay at thisa point. I'd personally wait for further evidence here. Anyone can say anything they want to on the Net. As this was a random commentor on a site, I don't see reason to put belief in it just yet.

Could it be the difference in the Feds and local police? Same reason why no cameras in Federal Court, different procedures.

why do we have a pic of MJ in court, but not one of RG in court?...the feds vs local also? (confused)

Please continue here.

I am going to go and clean up thread #14....I have been getting Pm's you all are posting names of minors. Let's stop that right now.

Someone just posted what we knew a long time ago..the name of MJ's sister, who is definitely not a minor anymore.
I think someone took issue with that, because MJ's sister is a victim of sexual abuse....allegedly.
That is what started the entire "don't post the name of a minor" talk.
Other than MJ's sister being named, I don't think anybody posted the name of a minor in the last thread.

May I ask a question though, Savanna's name has been mentioned a million times and nobody seems to care, including the mods and admin.
I guess I'm not clear on when it's fine to mention a minor's name and when it's not.
Thanks.

I wanted to reply to this from the last thread, posted by VTNance:

"It's also true that when an entire family closes ranks and covers up/enables this kind of thing, it is often hard for outsiders to do anything to change the situation, even if they know/suspect that something is wrong. MJ's past was known, but he was legally free; DJ married him of her own free will and ignore the obvious signs of abuse; AR was well-trained to keep her secrets; Brooke was allowed to spend time at the home of an RSO. Even if outsiders are troubled by the situation, they may not be able to effectively intervene in a situation as dysfunctional as this one."

Perhaps- but if someone heard that Denise walked in on them in the act, they should have reported it. Even if it went nowhere that doesn't mean that it's ok not to even try. That's the exact mentality that allows these kinds of things to go on for generations. Nobody wants this kind of thing to blow up in their perfect little town.

(This is purely my opinion and in no way do I mean to say that you are not entitled to yours)

As a child who is the third generation of a very dysfunctional family (these kinds of things happened to my grandmother, who then allowed them to happen to my mother -to a lesser extent- and her older sisters, and sadly it has happened to some of my older cousins) I have to say "we couldn't have helped anyway" just doesn't cut it. It finally stopped with my cousin when she told a friend that she thought she was pregnant. The friend told her mom and the mom called the police. My aunt's ex-husband spent a very long time in jail.

The only helpless ones are the victims.

ETA: This was not in Vermont

Someone just posted what we knew a long time ago..the name of MJ's sister, who is definitely not a minor anymore.
I think someone took issue with that, because MJ's sister is a victim of sexual abuse....allegedly.
That is what started the entire "don't post the name of a minor" talk.
Other than MJ's sister being named, I don't think anybody has posted the names of a minor in the last thread.

May I ask a question though, Savanna's name has been mentioned a million times and nobody seems to care, including the mods and admin.
I guess I'm not clear on when it's fine to mention a minor's name and when it's not.
Thanks.

honestly i don't understand either.....no minors names were mentioned, & the one that IS a minor - (AR's sister) her name wasn't mentioned....only that it's not "Ashley"......

I wanted to reply to this from the last thread, posted by VTNance:

Perhaps- but if someone heard that Denise walked in on them in the act, they should have reported it. Even if it went nowhere that doesn't mean that it's ok not to even try. That's the exact mentality that allows these kinds of things to go on for generations. Nobody wants this kind of thing to blow up in their perfect little town.

I agree with you 1000%, if someone heard something like that they should have reported it. What I meant is when you know a situation is a bad one, but you have no evidence--or the family denies it when questioned by DSS-- and you can legally do nothing more, except keep watching for an opportunity to legally intervene.

I am sorry for what happened in your family, and I didn't mean that people shouldn't try.

honestly i don't understand either.....no minors names were mentioned, & the one that IS a minor - (AR's sister) her name wasn't mentioned....only that it's not "Ashley"......

I know, they said her first initial and that was it. I'm not sure why someone sent PM's saying people were naming minors, but whatever.
I don't mention any names unless I've seen them mentioned first, and I then assume it's ok.
*shrugs*

Thanks.
The rule of thumb always used in the past was IF a minors name has been revealed in the Media, then it's okay, IF NOT...........don't mention the name.

Savanna is not a minor, and has been on Nat'l TV.

In the case against Chester Stiles, we knew the victims name and her mothers, but it hadn't been published in the media. We also had/have numerious photos from the families involved from their PB account, but could not post them as it involved MINORS.

got the video, but no audio at all here, for some reason....

eta..but thanks for the link to the article

Whew, glad it wasn't just me. I was beginning to think I was going to have to add audio to the other list of computer problems I've been having.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain