GA - 13 year old confronts abuser and records it

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
A 13 year old girl who went to her mother and told her that the relative staying with them inappropriately touched her took matters into her own hands and taped the guy on her cell phone.

This poor kid went to her own mother and mom did not believe the relative would sexually assault the girl. 61 year old William E. Jones allaegedly gave the girl a massage after she complained of pain. This is when he touched the girl inappropriately. Since mom wasn't buying it the kid called him and confronted him and the man admitted to the crime.

Good for her because there was a time this would have all just been brushed aside and chalked up to the 13 year old imagining it.

http://www.times-herald.com/local/Newnan-man-arrested-for-child-molestation--500651

The poor girl shouldnt have had to get the proof but I am glad she did. Her mother should have believed her. Its no wonder some kids dont tell if they think they wont be believed anyway. I hope the mother feels like crap now.:mad:

As for him....dirty old cretin:mad:

what a brave little girl.

but i dont know who im more ticked off at ... the mom or the offender.

I have to say, I am more pissed at the mom.

The man yes, horrible, terrible, useless bag of flesh that he is, deserves more then I can mention here. What he did is unforgivable.

But the Mom! Come on! Your own child comes to you with something like this and you don't believe it?!? Mom needs some help too. Parenting classes, counseling, something. This was her little girl. Poor child had to prove abuse. Can you imagine how bad it might have gotten if the little girl had to go farther then just using a phone call?

I know children make false allegations all the time. (It happened to my neighbor) But as a parent, your first instinct should always to be to believe your child and get the facts. Not just dismiss it without further investigation.

I have to say, I am more pissed at the mom.

The man yes, horrible, terrible, useless bag of flesh that he is, deserves more then I can mention here. What he did is unforgivable.

But the Mom! Come on! Your own child comes to you with something like this and you don't believe it?!? Mom needs some help too. Parenting classes, counseling, something. This was her little girl. Poor child had to prove abuse. Can you imagine how bad it might have gotten if the little girl had to go farther then just using a phone call?

I know children make false allegations all the time. (It happened to my neighbor) But as a parent, your first instinct should always to be to believe your child and get the facts. Not just dismiss it without further investigation.

Good post Roxye, I couldn't agree more.

xxxxxxxoooooo
mama
:blowkiss::blowkiss:

I put money on the fact that the reason the Mom did nothing, is that she put herself and the man, whom I assume because of his age to be the Grandfather of the child. That would be one of the reasons why the Mom did nothing.

Either the girl was telling the truth or she would lie about something so serious means the mother should have sought help either way.

She needs to be charged!

Maybe the mother was abused by this man as well growing up??
Maybe in some warped way she was jealous or in denial about her own abuse?
Either way she should be charged because now she is an adult and a parent.

I hope this poor girl never has to see that women again.

I just hope this child realises just how brave and incredible she is.

I was raised with my mother telling me if anyone ever put their hands on me to tell her right away. She told me how wrong it was blah blah blah. Then it happened. Someone who was renting a room from us was inappropriate so I told me mom. She said I misunderstood his intention, period, case closed. Then I figured out what she had REALLY meant to say.... if someone who doesn't give me money touches you, tell me right away. :eek:

And just for the record, as a married mother of 3.... I did not misunderstand his intention.

I am sorry this happened to you. (((DBinMA)))

I can kinda shed light on this.
I was abused by my uncle when I was a child. This piece of vomit abused me, my mother when she was a child, all of his children and most of the cousins. NO ONE said anything because everyone was ashamed. We are not talking about "typical" abuse but vile digusting things no one would talk about. He is truly evil.
I told my mom when I was little but she was so young herself and said "I don't know what to tell you". MY MOM SAID THAT! (She was 19 when I was 4 in 1979 and people in the rural south did not talk of things like sex abuse)
The abuse continued until I was 10 then I was out of his preferred age range.
Because he molested the older cousins, they in turn molested me (the girls) and it continued until I was 12.
No one talked about it! EVER!

When I turned 25, I was married with 2 kids and I WAS PISSED OFF!! How could anyone hurt kids?!?!
So, Hubby and I went to a reunion where I confronted every single one of them and it all came out in the open. If you can imagine 200 people sitting in a park and all of the females raising their hands that they were abused by "Uncle Glen".

Like I said before, the abuse stopped with me. My kids live a great life without "issues". A normal kid life.

This freak uncle lives alone in a run down house cut off from everyone. When I see him out I cannot help myself. I call him a pedophile and other names. I am too old for that but it makes me feel better.
A cousins husband beat the snot out of him a couple of years back and that made me happy too!

(Please do not feel sorry for me! I am really over it and I am not trying to have a pity party or get sympathy. I just want people to know where the idiot mothers come from)

Pixies,
I am very proud of you!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :blowkiss:

Pixies You did right to confront him and call them all out. I would shout names at him too everywhere I saw him if I couldnt have got him locked up but I would also have sent some "boys" round to see him:) Getting beaten up is the least he deserves

Good for her!! Now not only will people believe her, she also has surefire evidence against that perv!!:clap:

I put money on the fact that the reason the Mom did nothing, is that she put herself and the man, whom I assume because of his age to be the Grandfather of the child. That would be one of the reasons why the Mom did nothing.

This would make Mom's refusal to believe her daughter even worse, since men don't become child molesters at age 60. If this man is her family member, Mom would have had to know that he has done things like this many times before.

That is how things work in families who cover for child molesters. Everyone pretends they knew nothing, and if the pervert is ever caught, they all lie and say he's never done anything like that before. Cops who believe those lies are just plain stupid.

Susan

I can kinda shed light on this.
I was abused by my uncle when I was a child. This piece of vomit abused me, my mother when she was a child, all of his children and most of the cousins. NO ONE said anything because everyone was ashamed. We are not talking about "typical" abuse but vile digusting things no one would talk about. He is truly evil.
I told my mom when I was little but she was so young herself and said "I don't know what to tell you". MY MOM SAID THAT! (She was 19 when I was 4 in 1979 and people in the rural south did not talk of things like sex abuse)
The abuse continued until I was 10 then I was out of his preferred age range.
Because he molested the older cousins, they in turn molested me (the girls) and it continued until I was 12.
No one talked about it! EVER!

When I turned 25, I was married with 2 kids and I WAS PISSED OFF!! How could anyone hurt kids?!?!
So, Hubby and I went to a reunion where I confronted every single one of them and it all came out in the open. If you can imagine 200 people sitting in a park and all of the females raising their hands that they were abused by "Uncle Glen".

Like I said before, the abuse stopped with me. My kids live a great life without "issues". A normal kid life.

This freak uncle lives alone in a run down house cut off from everyone. When I see him out I cannot help myself. I call him a pedophile and other names. I am too old for that but it makes me feel better.
A cousins husband beat the snot out of him a couple of years back and that made me happy too!

(Please do not feel sorry for me! I am really over it and I am not trying to have a pity party or get sympathy. I just want people to know where the idiot mothers come from)

It happened much the same way in my family. My grandfather abused me (touching) and I didn't tell. He acted like he was going to try with my younger sister, but I made that difficult. So he moved on to a younger cousin. She finally told and our parents put a stop to it. But I never told until he was long dead and I was an adult. Come to find out, he had abused about 6 grandchildren that we know of.

Why we didn't tell, I don't really know. It is embarrassing, and feels shameful. BUT as an adult, I was vigilant with my own daughter. She started getting the "bad touch" talks about the age of 3. And occasional reminders and assurances that if she couldn't tell me, she could tell anyone she trusted. That it was ok to talk about it.

I really think that with some parents, they believe that because it happened to them, because they lived through it and lived with it- they believe that their kids will be the same way. With some parents, I think that while they may not accept it, they don't realize the ways it can affect a kid as they grow up. They remember the shameful feeling and that embarrassment they felt when it happened to them and they couldn't talk about it, and that embarrassment carries over to when their kids tell about it.

I personally like my husband's view on things. If anything EVER happens to our daughter, go after the person first (put very nicely), ask questions later!

I hope this story somehow makes the television news so other girls in the same situation can hear of this. What a good idea this kid had! Quite the little sharp thinking detective and real survivor! Congrats to her!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back