Eight New Natural Wonders Named

Dark Knight

Reaction score
Eight new natural wonders, including the Monarch Butterfly Biosphere Reserve in Mexico and what has been dubbed "the Galápagos of the Indian Ocean," have been added to the World Heritage List.

World Heritage Sites are named by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The sites, both cultural and natural, added to the list are deemed "of outstanding value to humanity" and deserve protection and preservation, according to the UNESCO Web site.

With the new additions, the World Heritage List now boasts 878 sites (679 cultural, 174 natural and 25 mixed) in 145 countries. The eight new natural sites added this year include:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience...ondersnamed;_ylt=AmNcYvZJvaQTBes10UxI7.qs0NUE

Well, how good could that list be? It doesn't have me on it!

;) Sorry, I'm just up to no good today...

I'm going to go check those places out, this sounds interesting. :)

Eight new natural wonders, including the Monarch Butterfly Biosphere Reserve in Mexico and what has been dubbed "the Galápagos of the Indian Ocean," have been added to the World Heritage List.

World Heritage Sites are named by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The sites, both cultural and natural, added to the list are deemed "of outstanding value to humanity" and deserve protection and preservation, according to the UNESCO Web site.

With the new additions, the World Heritage List now boasts 878 sites (679 cultural, 174 natural and 25 mixed) in 145 countries. The eight new natural sites added this year include:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience...ondersnamed;_ylt=AmNcYvZJvaQTBes10UxI7.qs0NUE

I need to start traveling again! :eek:

Well, how good could that list be? It doesn't have me on it!

;) Sorry, I'm just up to no good today...

I'm going to go check those places out, this sounds interesting. :)

Well i do need to do more than just drop by Cheyenne, Colorado on my way elsewhere! be seeing you sometime, hipmamajen! and NOT when i'm driving up a one-way street the wrong way . . . . :rolleyes: :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Oh no, Floh! When did that happen?

Oh no, Floh! When did that happen?

Lack of concentration! :eek:

i persuaded S/O, when we were travelling through Wyoming to Nebraska, that, while i lived in Utah i was always seeing signs for
'Cheyenne' and so very much wanted to visit such a gorgeously named place and we HAD to make a detor or i'd scream and scream and scream until i was sick. himself agreed we could make a pitstop just to satisfy my curiosity and so we went. then once we'd checked out the main drag we had to get back on schedule (we were to drive Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska, South Dakota, Montana to pursue his childhood dream of doing the 'Indiana' trail (he's German) and i got to do a tiny thing i wanted. then turn around and get back on track. turning around shouldn't have included turning around on a one way street! :D

we done what we did, and while i was there for the short time i thought the town rather nice and definitely want to return and definitely want to explore the rest of the State, one day! :crazy:

this happened two years ago . . . :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Lack of concentration! :eek:

i persuaded S/O, when we were travelling through Wyoming to Nebraska, that, while i lived in Utah i was always seeing signs for
'Cheyenne' and so very much wanted to visit such a gorgeously named place and we HAD to make a detor or i'd scream and scream and scream until i was sick. himself agreed we could make a pitstop just to satisfy my curiosity and so we went. then once we'd checked out the main drag we had to get back on schedule (we were to drive Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska, South Dakota, Montana to pursue his childhood dream of doing the 'Indiana' trail (he's German) and i got to do a tiny thing i wanted. then turn around and get back on track. turning around shouldn't have included turning around on a one way street! :D

we done what we did, and while i was there for the short time i thought the town rather nice and definitely want to return and definitely want to explore the rest of the State, one day! :crazy:

this happened two years ago . . . :whistle::whistle::whistle:
Uh, Floh. Where is Cheyenne, Colorado? I know Cheyenne, Wyoming, but the only town named Cheyenne is near me, Cheyenne Wells. Tiny tiny town on the Eastern Plains.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back