Vermont City Considering Limits Where Sex Offenders Can Live

Starryskye

Reaction score
http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=8644867

Barre VT is considering limiting where sex offenders can reside. The new proposition is limiting the offenders at least 1000 feet from schools, etc.

HOWEVER, if an offender already lives in the "buffer" zone, they will not be forced to move.

The area that is in question has the majority of residences in Barre, so what good is that going to do?

:waitasec:

O'Reilly laid into Vermont last night on The O'Reilly Factor. I hope he keeps on their case. They need to start protecting their children from these creeps and hold the Judges and politicians accountable.

http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=8644867

Barre VT is considering limiting where sex offenders can reside. The new proposition is limiting the offenders at least 1000 feet from schools, etc.

HOWEVER, if an offender already lives in the "buffer" zone, they will not be forced to move.

The area that is in question has the majority of residences in Barre, so what good is that going to do?

:waitasec:

That would have been no bloody use in MJ's case, would it? he lived out in the boonies anyway. they simply shouldn't be allowed to live at all, is all i'm saying. :furious::furious::furious:

That would have been no bloody use in MJ's case, would it? he lived out in the boonies anyway. they simply shouldn't be allowed to live at all, is all i'm saying. :furious::furious::furious:

I agree 100%....:behindbar

The only therapy they need is a bullet to the head:mad:
They will never be treatable or cured or any other BS word they use for it.
They are sexual deviants end of!

Amen to that!!:clap:

:clap::clap::clap:

Thats because over here they are a bunch of loons about this stuff. Our sentences are a joke, our justice system is an even bigger joke and I am sick to the back teeth of criminals getting a better deal than victims and the rest of us having to worry left right and centre about us or our children becoming victims. When it comes to hurting children there should just be a "No way is it happening Policy and if you do it then you are going to pay and pay Big Time".....but thats just not how it is. Certain cases on this board affected me profoundly, Jessica Lunsford being one of them.
I see NO reason not now not EVER that a man who does something like that deserves to breathe for longer than its necessary to put him six foot under where he can NEVER repeat his behaviour.
I think thats the ONLY way to stop these freaks and its really as simple as that.
Besides I just KNOW that if I was an American I would be a Texan:crazy::crazy::crazy:

I just posted this in another thread...

My sister lives in a nice neighborhood, determined to be close enough to the elementary school so that the school does not provide bus transportation. It is nearly a mile walk for the kids. Nearly all of the children are carpooled and driven by parents. Some are not. They have a registered pedophile living right along the walking route. Pretty disgusting.

progress.gif
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=2366435

I'd really have to take into account what they mean by sex offenders. I know for a fact that a bunch of people here think "pedophile" or "rapist" when they hear the term "sex offender", but sometimes it's often as simple as a 21 year old dating a 17 year old. I don't think that should land you in prison or get kicked out of a town.

I'd really have to take into account what they mean by sex offenders. I know for a fact that a bunch of people here think "pedophile" or "rapist" when they hear the term "sex offender", but sometimes it's often as simple as a 21 year old dating a 17 year old. I don't think that should land you in prison or get kicked out of a town.
I agree completely. Do the lists not differentiate between the violent predators and the dating youth?

Agreed. UNLESS the 17 year old is MINE, in which case the little *advertiser censored* would be safer in prison.

Thats where the whole sex offender thing is messed up. The 21 year old and 17 year old have no business being in them lists. The registries should be kept for proper sexual offenders and them alone. The younger ones like the 15 and 17 year old or the example above should be dealt with totally seperately. I dont see them as sexual offenders at all. The 17 year old just needs locking in her room and the 21 year old just needs Dad to give him a good kick up the Jacksy:):):)

there was that one case where a high school senior was dating a freshman or sophomore ... and he was arrested for statutory rape. he was 18. she was 15. (or something like that.)

that's the DA trying to make an example out of the poor guy ... and making themselves look like asses in the meantime.

I respectfully disagree with the youthful offender thing....

My husband's aunt adopted a kid when he was fairly young. He had some issues (i.e. stealing from teachers at school, smearing fecal matter on bathroom walls, etc as he got older). He ended up molesting some of his female cousins. When he was 14, the state placed him in a juvinile center and now he is almost 18 (age of release). He hasn't changed at all. He get aroused by tampons and such, had no regard for females. The aunt isn't much better because she claims that he is just misunderstood.
I never let him around my son when he was out, and the whole family has told the aunt if she brings him around, she is not welcome.
I don't know his back history, but several people on here say that sex offenders cannot be rehabilitated. I agree with that 100%.
As I have said before, I live in VT and the offenders have more rights here than the victims. If that punk ever did anything to my son, he wouldn't be living and I would be in prison for murder.

Now, on the other end of the spectrum, I do think that some of the statutory rape laws are a bit old. It does protect the younger party, but how many people have been branded a sex offender because they were 18 and had sex with their 16 year old girlfriend?

I'm afraid I don't have much sympathy with anyone who has sex with an underaged person whether there is just a few years difference between them or many years. The law is there for a reason and while some young teenagers think they know it all the fact remains that their brains aren't fully developed. If men who have underage girlfriends don't like being in prison or on the sex offenders registry they should keep their pants zipped or find partners their own age. It's not difficult. That goes for women with underaged boyfriends too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back