NY - Ellison Butler, 22, shot dead after alleged sexual assault, 27 June 2008

OK-on the surface it sure looks like she tried to protect her husband as well-at lease she didn't use one of his weapons...the incident with the daughter was two weeks prior, and I wonder what the back story will be.

I understand why she did what she did but it was so wrong. Her child has had to go through a traumatic ordeal once already and now faces the added trauma of a trial and possibly seeing Mom go to prison. It will also be very difficult for this child not to blame herself although she is completely blameless. I think the mother did this more for her own pain than her child's.

I understand why she did what she did but it was so wrong. Her child has had to go through a traumatic ordeal once already and now faces the added trauma of a trial and possibly seeing Mom go to prison. It will also be very difficult for this child not to blame herself although she is completely blameless. I think the mother did this more for her own pain than her child's.

i completely agree with kiki.

did they try to go to the cops about this guy?? that shouldn't have taken much ... the father of the girl was a cop. they couldn't have done anything?

Agreed.

"He was always very playful with girls," said a neighborhood friend who gave her name as Jacynta. "He . . . probably didn't take [the encounter with Nickey's daughter] seriously."

Cops initially did not know the motive for the shooting of Butler, who had several prior arrests. They now believe he was killed by an overprotective mother, according to the sources.

OH, it is toooo early in the morning for me to be on a rant.

First, The fool who made the first comment is exactly the kind of person who makes excuses for a pedophile. How many times have I heard "he was playful with the girls..." or "they were wrestling around when IT happened". HE IS A PERVERT! He sexually touched a little girl!!! STOP DEFENDING THE CREEP! He didn't take it serious?!?! OH YES HE DID!! That is the only way child molesters take things. SERIOUSLY SEXUAL!
I hate people like this Jaycnta, people like her are the reason why our laws on sex offenders are so lax! Her "its no big deal" attitude is why we have freaking colonies of child rapists living under bridges in Florida and all over the country instead of them sitting in prison or even better, buried in the ground.

Second statement: OVER PROTECTIVE MOTHER? HELL YEAH! I wish more women were overprotective instead of how many mothers are. How many of these skanks have we seen on WS? How many have ALLOWED boyfriends, neighbors or even strangers to molest their kids? We see it almost everyday!
Being overprotective is a good thing and how dare they make it sound like a bad thing!
She killed her childs molester. I see nothing wrong with that. Flame away. I do not care. If I was on that jury, she would not be found guilty. PERIOD.

I wonder what this dirtbag child molester was arrested for in the past? Numerous arrests... Hmmm. He was a . No pity for him at all.

Now, about the child. I feel very sorry for her. I do. I hope the people on the jury feel pity on her and allow her mother to raise her. This child told her mother and her mother snapped. We all know the laws do not protect our kids but only protects the rights of the molester. WE KNOW THAT. It is unfair and this poor baby will have to see how unfair it is if some people feel more sympathy for a dead child molester than a mother who only wanted to protect her kid!

"killed by an overprotective mother" If it is overprotective to be angry when a guy fondles your daughter then there is some serious issues in the country. I hate hearing about cases like these. This woman rid society of a worthless, piece of crap who only inflicts pain and misery upon others. She did society a favor and she did what a mother should do which is protect her children and now she is going to be punished for it with a longer sentence than this guy would get for child molestation - how is that for ironic.

There ARE issues in this country... If the freaking law protected our kids instead of the POSs then something like this would not have happened. It's a very sad day in this country when the mom (and she truly is) feels she has no other choice. There is no doubt in my mind that she hears stories from her husband about these perverts getting off with just a slap on the hand.

I hope and pray that this mom gets an agressive no-holds bar lawyer who will make the jury see that is not an "overprotective" mom... She is a mom and woman is sick of these perverts getting away with harming our children.

Now, about the child. I feel very sorry for her. I do. I hope the people on the jury feel pity on her and allow her mother to raise her. This child told her mother and her mother snapped. We all know the laws do not protect our kids but only protects the rights of the molester. WE KNOW THAT. It is unfair and this poor baby will have to see how unfair it is if some people feel more sympathy for a dead child molester than a mother who only wanted to protect her kid!

I agree with your rage. Its disgusting and not acceptable at all.

Unfortunately, the incident occurred two-weeks prior to her murdering him, so "snapped" isn't going to work. This was not a crime of passion. This was premeditated first degree murder. If she had done it instantly, she could have claimed temporary insanity. Secondly, the jury can't allow her to not be punished if they uphold their oath as jurors and follow the letter of the law. I wish they could, but they can't.

Its sad that this happened to this child and its even sadder that her mother is going to jail.

I hope the mother gets off with this. I can see more of this kind of thing happening because the laws dont keep the freaks locked up and people think that justice wont be served. If the law protected our kids properly then things like this wouldnt be happening.

I hope the mother gets off with this. I can see more of this kind of thing happening because the laws dont keep the freaks locked up and people think that justice wont be served. If the law protected our kids properly then things like this wouldnt be happening.

She can't honey. Did ya'll ever hear about this case:

SONORA, Calif. -- Eleven years after Ellie Nesler pulled a gun from her purse in a courtroom and gunned down the man accused of molesting her boy, police are hunting for her son -- now wanted for murder.

William Nesler, 23, severely beat neighbor David Davis, 45, early Sunday, less than an hour after being released from jail for having beaten Davis a month earlier in a fight over tools, Tuolumne County sheriff's deputies said.

Nesler remained at large Thursday morning, sheriff's Sgt. Roger Dittberner said.

Davis was found unconscious and bleeding from head wounds when officers arrived near dawn at a lot littered with trailers, trash and cars on blocks where the two men lived. A warrant for Nesler's arrest was issued Tuesday, the day after Davis died at a Modesto hospital from massive head wounds, Dittberner said.

While Nesler was well known to police -- he was booked on 18 separate cases over five years as an adult and has a juvenile record -- he is better known because of his mother's vigilante act.

Ellie Nesler ignited a national debate when she walked into a courtroom on April 2, 1993, and shot twice-convicted child molester, Daniel Driver, 35, five times in the head as he faced seven molestation charges, including one related to her young son.

Nesler, both derided by some for taking the law into her own hands and praised by others for exacting her own justice, served only three years of a 10-year manslaughter sentence when a court overturned the conviction due to juror misconduct. She is now in a California prison on charges related to manufacturing methamphetamine.

Neighbors said her son continued to live on the family's property, which was crowded with more than a half dozen trailers and strewn with junk. William Nesler is described as 6-foot-2, weighing 225 pounds and covered in tattoos.\

more at:

http://www.tdn.com/articles/2004/07/29/nation_world/news22.txt

Ciara, I happen to believe that part of this young man's problem IS that he was molested, but I believe that a LARGER part of his problems is that his mother went to prison and he was left alone to deal with not only the molestation, but the guilt that he must have felt because his mother tried to protect him and ended up where she did.

As much as we would like to, we cannot take the law into our own hands and there's a good reason for that. This case proves that it doesn't help society, it only created one more killer.

Maybe they'll just give the mom a year in county.
There's a lot more to the story i would like to know. Between the 2 weeks when the man fondled her child until she killed him. What happened then? Most likely a police report was filed; was anything done? Did the man threaten the child? etc.

Maybe they'll just give the mom a year in county.
There's a lot more to the story i would like to know. Between the 2 weeks when the man fondled her child until she killed him. What happened then? Most likely a police report was filed; was anything done? Did the man threaten the child? etc.

She was obtaining the weapon...

SONORA, Calif. -- Eleven years after Ellie Nesler pulled a gun from her purse in a courtroom and gunned down the man accused of molesting her boy, police are hunting for her son -- now wanted for murder.

William Nesler, 23, severely beat neighbor David Davis, 45, early Sunday, less than an hour after being released from jail for having beaten Davis a month earlier in a fight over tools, Tuolumne County sheriff's deputies said.

Nesler remained at large Thursday morning, sheriff's Sgt. Roger Dittberner said.

Davis was found unconscious and bleeding from head wounds when officers arrived near dawn at a lot littered with trailers, trash and cars on blocks where the two men lived. A warrant for Nesler's arrest was issued Tuesday, the day after Davis died at a Modesto hospital from massive head wounds, Dittberner said.

While Nesler was well known to police -- he was booked on 18 separate cases over five years as an adult and has a juvenile record -- he is better known because of his mother's vigilante act.

Ellie Nesler ignited a national debate when she walked into a courtroom on April 2, 1993, and shot twice-convicted child molester, Daniel Driver, 35, five times in the head as he faced seven molestation charges, including one related to her young son.

Nesler, both derided by some for taking the law into her own hands and praised by others for exacting her own justice, served only three years of a 10-year manslaughter sentence when a court overturned the conviction due to juror misconduct. She is now in a California prison on charges related to manufacturing methamphetamine.

Neighbors said her son continued to live on the family's property, which was crowded with more than a half dozen trailers and strewn with junk. William Nesler is described as 6-foot-2, weighing 225 pounds and covered in tattoos.\

more at:

Ciara, I happen to believe that part of this young man's problem IS that he was molested, but I believe that a LARGER part of his problems is that his mother went to prison and he was left alone to deal with not only the molestation, but the guilt that he must have felt because his mother tried to protect him and ended up where she did.

As much as we would like to, we cannot take the law into our own hands and there's a good reason for that. This case proves that it doesn't help society, it only created one more killer.

GREAT, insightful, educational post....this should be required reading whenever we get cases of this nature that we comment on. It is an incredible wish that we could just knock off the people who hurt the ones we love; I have been guilty of ranting on occasion about an eye for an eye-you cannot deprive your child of your presence based on your own rage/guilt whatever by giving into it....BUT, who has the self control to think all of this in an instant....after two weeks, or a trial...like Jeana said it is much tougher to call it impulsive.

more at:

I remember this case and I was thinking of it earlier when I read this article. The family this man came from was never stable. Ever. Of course it got worse when his mom went to jail. The poor kid never really had a chance at a normal childhood but the choices he made as an adult are his alone. We all have issues from our childhood and the fact he picked drugs and anger are his alone.
The fact that his mother is a meth addict proves exactly what kind of person she is and probably always was.

I applaud what she did. She saved countless other children from being raped by the animal that she "put down". No pity there for him but I do have great admiration for her and her actions that day.

As a juror, I would not convict regardless of oath. I feel she did the right thing.

added: Thank you for updating me on that family. I was just thinking of her the other day.

I remember a tiny bit about that case you posted Jeana but did not know all the details you posted. Thats sad.
I still hope the mom in this case gets off though or at least does not get punished too severely.

I remember this case and I was thinking of it earlier when I read this article. The family this man came from was never stable. Ever. Of course it got worse when his mom went to jail. The poor kid never really had a chance at a normal childhood but the choices he made as an adult are his alone. We all have issues from our childhood and the fact he picked drugs and anger his his alone.
The fact that his mother is a meth addict proves exactly what kind of person she is and probably always was.

I applaud what she did. She saved countless other children from being raped by the animal that she "put down". No pity there for him but I do have great admiration for her and her actions that day.

As a juror, I would not convict regardless of oath. I feel she did the right thing.

There is no way I would have convicted her either:)

Part of the reason Ellie Nessler was found guilty was because she was under the influence of meth at the time of the shooting. Also, she shot him in a crowded courtroom, where there were a lot of innocent bystanders who could have been killed or wounded, as well. She shot him during the trial because she said he "smirked" at her...which is understandable, yes, but isn't really a "crime of passion."

I really, really feel for parents in this situation. Every single thread on molestation--on any crime board--is full of posters swearing up and down that they would torture and kill anyone who did that to their child, that the accused would be dead before even going into the court system--and if you say that that kind of vigilante justice is never a good idea, often accusations of "you must not care about your children" are tossed around. But then when someone actually does take the law into their own hands, there's a lot of tsk-tsking over how the child's life is now doubly ruined because the parent is headed for prison.

I agree with your rage. Its disgusting and not acceptable at all.

Unfortunately, the incident occurred two-weeks prior to her murdering him, so "snapped" isn't going to work. This was not a crime of passion. This was premeditated first degree murder. If she had done it instantly, she could have claimed temporary insanity. Secondly, the jury can't allow her to not be punished if they uphold their oath as jurors and follow the letter of the law. I wish they could, but they can't.

Its sad that this happened to this child and its even sadder that her mother is going to jail.

Excellent post, which I agree with. This mother held her anger closer than her daughter. Not cool - not helpful for anyone. My prayers for this family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back