Nobody is cleared!

Barbara

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
There is no particular dispute that DNA was found on JBR's clothing, etc. There is no dispute that the DNA found did not belong to the Ramseys or ANY of the other people who were tested, which were quite a few

If any of us were to die today, and our clothing and persons checked for DNA, they would find innumerable "touch DNA" on us, and much of it would be from perfect strangers that we don't remember meeting during the course of our recent lives. Every time someone touches you or comes close enough, DNA from them may in fact, in the form of skin cells stay with you

Enough said

Mary Lacy gave the Ramseys a parting gift before she leaves office

It is totally unacceptable and unprofessional to clear anyone during an ongoing investigation. First of all, this is NOT a DNA case. Second of all, there are thousands of other pieces of evidence that just can't be ignored because rogue and "artifact" DNA is there. Had there been sperm or saliva DNA on JBR's genitals, that would be different, but that is not the case. This is "skin cells" from touch DNA that could be anything from anywhere from anyone!

IF Lacy and the others want to go against ALL the medical experts who concur that the DNA is likely UNrelated to the crime, then she must also publicly apologize to all those people who were thrown under the bus by the Ramseys, Michael Tracey and even her own office for the accusations against them. WHere are THEIR letters of apology?

WHERE IS FLEET WHITE'S LETTER OF APOLOGY?

This is the latest crock to come from the Ramsey camp since Karr. For those who have the stomach to watch this fiasco unfold, you will see that the REAL experts will not only disagree with Lacy, but agree that she has no right to do such a thing during an ongoing investigation. She is a disgrace to law enforcement everywhere! She has made a mockery of what they do and a mockery of our justice system in her own private country of Boulder! Shame on her and those who allowed her to do such a thing....it's an outrage!

Who wants to place bets on Lacy's next gig after she leaves office?

There is no particular dispute that DNA was found on JBR's clothing, etc. There is no dispute that the DNA found did not belong to the Ramseys or ANY of the other people who were tested, which were quite a few

If any of us were to die today, and our clothing and persons checked for DNA, they would find innumerable "touch DNA" on us, and much of it would be from perfect strangers that we don't remember meeting during the course of our recent lives. Every time someone touches you or comes close enough, DNA from them may in fact, in the form of skin cells stay with you

Enough said

It is totally unacceptable and unprofessional to clear anyone during an ongoing investigation. First of all, this is NOT a DNA case. Second of all, there are thousands of other pieces of evidence that just can't be ignored because rogue and "artifact" DNA is there. Had there been sperm or saliva DNA on JBR's genitals, that would be different, but that is not the case. This is "skin cells" from touch DNA that could be anything from anywhere from anyone!

IF Lacy and the others want to go against ALL the medical experts who concur that the DNA is likely UNrelated to the crime, then she must also publicly apologize to all those people who were thrown under the bus by the Ramseys, Michael Tracey and even her own office for the accusations against them. WHere are THEIR letters of apology?

This is the latest crock to come from the Ramsey camp since Karr. For those who have the stomach to watch this fiasco unfold, you will see that the REAL experts will not only disagree with Lacy, but agree that she has no right to do such a thing during an ongoing investigation. She is a disgrace to law enforcement everywhere! She has made a mockery of what they do and a mockery of our justice system in her own private country of Boulder! Shame on her and those who allowed her to do such a thing....it's an outrage!

Barbara,

Your post is one of the reasons I want to be just like you when I grow up:blowkiss:

You are spot on my friend. Your post should be required reading for all.

:clap:

Lacy should issue the same letter and apology to everyone that the BPD and the BDA's office has investigated! What makes the Ramseys any different that people that were far lower on the suspect list than they were?!

She just gave a big F U to everyone before her that actually worked on this flipping case while she was out playing hide the fish. It was quite obvious during the Karr fiasco that Lacy knew next to nothing about this case other than how to protect it from being opened wide. I will not give up hope that that day will still come as a tiny bit off dust does not wipe away all of the other findings.

In 2003 she hired an investigator to pursue the intruder theory. She sold out a long time ago

Way before '03.....remember when the War Room incident happened and just who the pass belonged to was used to gain entry?!

I agree that the DNA evidence doesn't clear them. It indicates to me that someone else may have been involved too, but it does not exclude anyone!

Enough said

Amen and AMEN !

I haven't followed this case in YEARS but I truly believe lack of DNA in any case does not clear anyone from the crime. I don't understand the logic of this news at all (nobody has to explain it - I'll keep reading!). I do not know who killed this beautiful little girl and this latest news does not convince me of anyone's innocence. Thanks for the thread, Barbara.

wonderful post and well said. Mary Lacy is a disgrace. There is NO WAY the Ramsey's can be cleared of anything. I am amazed at how unprofessional this woman is. This case should be taken out of the hands of the Boulder's DA's office and the Boulder Police department. What a charade.

Barbara, Spot on my friend! And thank you for peeling me off of the ceiling with your post. Now, I can calm down a little bit!:blowkiss:

Lacy is a disgrace.

I'll say this again, we can safely assume that since search warrants aren't her "forte," DNA is most definitely not her "forte."

Anything to make Lin Wood happy.

Does anyone know what Lacy's plans are after she leaves the DA's office? Is she planning on running for AG of Colorado? (Gawd forbid!)

I dont know whether the Ramseys are guilty or not but I agree with everyone else here that no one including them should have been excluded with this new evidence. I also think if she was writing letters of apology then there were others like Fleet White who should have got them.
Mary Lacy really is a disgrace for her handling of both this case and the Midyette one.
I'm disgusted to see John Mark Karr getting airtime too. Even though he didnt kill JonBenet, he is still a sick and shouldnt be getting interviewed by anyone.

It bothers me so much to see that 1000 posts have been made on a thread which erronously states " The Ramseys Have Been Cleared". Mary Keenan Lacy may say that, but has science cleared anyone? I don't think so. It was stated on Nancy Grace last night when a caller called in and asked " Does this mean that if I touch someone's sleeve or hand and they are murdered later that day, I am a suspect because I bumped up against them or shook their hands?"
The clear to the caller answer was: Touch DNA has never been used to convict anyone IN THE USA of a crime. I feel very concerned that a thread of huge proportions exists which has a misleading title. I don't think the Ramseys are cleared at ALL, and neither do many other posters/ people outside of WS.
JMO,
Maria

It bothers me so much to see that 1000 posts have been made on a thread which erronously states " The Ramseys Have Been Cleared". Mary Keenan Lacy may say that, but has science cleared anyone? I don't think so.

I feel very concerned that a thread of huge proportions exists which has a misleading title. I don't think the Ramseys are cleared at ALL, and neither do many other posters/ people outside of WS.
JMO,
Maria

I agree.The R supporters are just using it to further their agenda,IMO.
I haven't had the time to drudge thru all the posts though.it's quite overwhelming.I guess maybe that's why there are so many posts..they have help?Good news is,all those posts kinda drive ppl away! it's quite a task to try and keep up with them all.

It bothers me so much to see that 1000 posts have been made on a thread which erronously states " The Ramseys Have Been Cleared". Mary Keenan Lacy may say that, but has science cleared anyone? I don't think so. It was stated on Nancy Grace last night when a caller called in and asked " Does this mean that if I touch someone's sleeve or hand and they are murdered later that day, I am a suspect because I bumped up against them or shook their hands?"
The clear to the caller answer was: Touch DNA has never been used to convict anyone of a crime.

I feel very concerned that a thread of huge proportions exists which has a misleading title. I don't think the Ramseys are cleared at ALL, and neither do many other posters/ people outside of WS.
JMO,
Maria

I thought I read somewhere that this Touch DNA was supposed to have been used in the Peter Falconio case in Australia so has it been used to convict in a crime or not I wonder? Does anyone know?

Yes you are correct, in that case Touch DNA was used for the conviction. That's why you can't always trust news sources because they don't always have all the facts. The best way to keep them up to date and have them accurately follow this case it to send them links to back your facts. CNN's site this morning is a disgrace to what I once thought was a reliable news source. This case has made American's look ridiculous to the rest of the world.

Thankyou Nedthan. I knew I had read that it had been used in that case.:)

Enough said

Bravo! Excellently written...:clap:
I was so disgusted when I first heard this ridiculous news about the DNA and Rams begin cleared.

Yes you are correct, in that case Touch DNA was used for the conviction. That's why you can't always trust news sources because they don't always have all the facts. The best way to keep them up to date and have them accurately follow this case it to send them links to back your facts. CNN's site this morning is a disgrace to what I once thought was a reliable news source. This case has made American's look ridiculous to the rest of the world.

I amended my post to state accurately that Touch DNA has never been used in the USA to convict anyone. Thanks!!

The clear to the caller answer was: Touch DNA has never been used to convict anyone IN THE USA of a crime. I feel very concerned that a thread of huge proportions exists which has a misleading title. I don't think the Ramseys are cleared at ALL, and neither do many other posters/ people outside of WS.
JMO,
Maria

AMEN Maria
I feel exactly the same way.

xxxxxxxxoooo
mama
:blowkiss::blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors