Cat-walking in Central Park

gaia227

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping an
Reaction score
I have seen this guy quite a few times with his GORGEOUS Abyssinian cat who trots right along at the end of her leash in a most jaunty fashion. She seem totally unphased by all the other dogs and people. While I would never do it with my cats because I am way too paranoid they would get off the harness I think it is an interesting bonding experience to have with your cat. Before I lived in the city I tried to train my eldest cat on a leash but no way, no how.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/22/nyregion/thecity/22cat.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Never seen a cat on a leash before lol

Well I tried leash walking with my cat Ally when I was a kid. Ally would have no part of it. She would simply plop down and absolutly refuse to budge while on a leash. It was very clear she felt this was beneath her, lol. I had no problem walking my bunny all over the place on a harness but not my cat.!!

mjak

I can imagine her too, sat there refusing to move.:)

Mind you, I never saw a Bunny on a lead either:)

Pandora and Mackenzie are both leash trained.

Our first fur-child, Kenobie, was the first to experience leash-training. It was hilarious watching my dad walk her around the neighborhood because he is such a big guy (former military) and she was a prissy little 6 pound kitty. :)

How cute! I took my Himalayan to the pet store once on a leash. We sure got a lot of looks. I used to have a ferret that I would take all over the place on his harness/leash. Parties, pet stores, anywhere. He loved it!

My black cats always go out to the doctor's appts. or whenever I take them in the car, with a harness & leash. One of them actually does like to walk like the cat in the news story but the other one would prefer I carry her! :D

This is adorable. I wouldn't be game to try this with my cat Holly. She looks the picture of feline innocence but I'd bleed to death if I tried to put a leash on her. It's hard enough to get her in a cat cage to go to the vet. She growls and spits the whole way.

I used to walk my turtle on a leash. I put a big rubber band around the middle of his shell and attached a ribbon to it. He and I would walk all over my dorm, but he really was sllllooooooowwwww. Not his fault, of course :)

:laughitup: Perhaps you should have put him on a skateboard, Hipmamajen.

That would have worked much better, Kiki! I wish I'd thought of that...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back