BK Physical Attributes

Status
Not open for further replies.

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
I am going to post here everything we have discovered about BK's physcial attributes. Please add if I am missing anything!

Unidentified Amnesia Victim

AKA: Benjaman Kyle (pseudonym)

Found: 8/31/2004
Sex Male
Race White
Age 50-60

Hgt 5Ft11In Wgt 240 lbs
Hair Grey Eye Blue

a scar line going across the front of the neck above the collarbones. It measures about 1-1/2” long across the neck and is not exactly in the middle – it is more toward the left side of his neck.

(He recalls having surgery pertaining to his cervical disc and believes it took place in Colorado but has no idea when.)

a round scar on the left side of his face in the lower region of the jaw. Going from the center of the bottom of the jaw-line. It is about 2-1/2” away from the center of the chin going toward the left ear if you use the bottom jaw-line as a reference. The actual scar is about 1/8” in size and appears to be roundish in shape.

an oval-shaped scar on the top of his left forearm that measures 7/8” x ½”. From the wrist to the end of the forearm, it would be about 2/3rd of the way above the wrist and 1/3rd of the way below the elbow. He is sure that this scar is from a skin graft that replaced skin lost on the top portion of the left index finger beside the fingernail (the side away from the middle finger and closer to the thumb).

(He believes this surgery was done around the same time as the elbow surgery mentioned above and that it might be related to falling off of a loading dock. )

two surgical scar lines on his left elbow that resemble two arc-shaped lines running almost parallel to each other, one is about 5-1/4” long and the other is about 3-1/4” long.

(He believes he had surgery for a broken elbow and that pins and/or screws had to be implanted. To the best of his recollection, the broken elbow occurred in Indianapolis when he was in his 20’s. )

Mr. Kyle is big boned, has very developed forearms and calves, and a left shoulder that sags slightly and is disproportionate to his right shoulder almost as if it has a kind of atrophy. His eyes are very blue green-there is no hint of brown in them. He has lost weight since he was found.

I am so new here that I don't feel that I have either the experience or authority to contact anyone about Mr. Kyle, even though I have identified some places in the Colfax area of Denver that could be quite helpful. Two of these I posted earlier today on the memories thread. In addition, here is an alumni website for East High School in Denver which is mentioned by Mr. Kyle in his memories. It seems like it might be a great place to post info., but you have to register to do so, and since I am not an alumni of the school I did not think I should register. http://www.ancientangels.com/ They have a bulletin board at the website for posting notices.

Does anyone know for sure if he still has the surgical pins in his arm?

Those things gotta have a serial number...

I have been saying this since the beginning! Ugh. I don't know why it hasn't been addressed before now.

I agree, if there are identifiers on the pins within Benjaman, they could be extremely helpful in making his identification.

Was just looking at SieSie's great banner photos in the pic comparison thread and the dyed beard photo had me wondering if it is known if Benjaman was found with beard and/or mustache or was he reasonably clean-shaven when found? Anyone know if that's been noted here before?

I cannot say that it has NOT been addressed-it is possible that there have been scans done and either there was too much calcification over the pins to read them, or the serial numbers were not there because of the age of the pins...I will see if I can get an answer-I suspect it has already been addressed and it provided no clue, but never say never!!!

Was just looking at SieSie's great banner photos in the pic comparison thread and the dyed beard photo had me wondering if it is known if Benjaman was found with beard and/or mustache or was he reasonably clean-shaven when found? Anyone know if that's been noted here before?

Good question-I will check. I can tell you that when we received the photos initially prior to the retouched ones being broadcast on the Dr. Phil show, Mr. Kyle indicated that while he felt he had always had a mustache (see the clean shaven ones?) he was not fond of the beard and could not wait to shave it off.

I had asked the same question on here a few days ago and never got a response. I, too, think it would be valuable to know what he weighed when he was found (is the weight we have from a few years after he was found?), if he appeared not to have showered in awhile, if his hair was long and/or overgrown, if he had an unkept beard? It was indicated that the first responders thought he was homeless, as did those in the hospital. I am curious if that is because he looked like a homeless man (not just because he was naked and beat up) or if someone just made a bad judgement call that stuck. It might help narrow down how long he had been "outside" of normal society....12 hours, 2 days, 3 weeks, 4 months, etc.

I had asked the same question on here a few days ago and never got a response. I, too, think it would be valuable to know what he weighed when he was found (is the weight we have from a few years after he was found?), if he appeared not to have showered in awhile, if his hair was long and/or overgrown, if he had an unkept beard? It was indicated that the first responders thought he was homeless, as did those in the hospital. I am curious if that is because he looked like a homeless man (not just because he was naked and beat up) or if someone just made a bad judgement call that stuck. It might help narrow down how long he had been "outside" of normal society....12 hours, 2 days, 3 weeks, 4 months, etc.

There are not photos of him from when he was located, like crime scene etc because the assumption was that he was indigent and that would be his story. I will ask if there was more than a day's growth or so on his face.

I was told by his friend the nurse that he was 252 when found and weighs less now; newspapers from 2007 indicate that he was around 240....that is around what he weighs now.

My understanding from the moment he was located by a cleaning woman until he started to come around and speak etc, he was labeled as a "bum." What I mean-it was related to me that the initial call to the police by the cleaning woman indicated that she had found a "naked bum" unconscious near the dumpster. The police arrived, called EMT's and made statements charecterizing him as such....in other words that they had a bum who was possibly rolled...So that is how he was transported-first to one hospital and then to another...labeled an indigent.

I mean just to set the scene-he was nude, covered with ant bites and sweating...

I wish I could go back to that day, offer him some compassion and dignity and then search the dumpster!!!

There are not photos of him from when he was located, like crime scene etc because the assumption was that he was indigent and that would be his story. I will ask if there was more than a day's growth or so on his face. QUOTE]

I am trying to figure out why they assumed him to be indigent? Location? Circumstances? Looks? Actions? I guess we might never know. Any answers would be appreciated. Thank you very much.

There are not photos of him from when he was located, like crime scene etc because the assumption was that he was indigent and that would be his story. I will ask if there was more than a day's growth or so on his face. QUOTE]

I am trying to figure out why they assumed him to be indigent? Location? Circumstances? Looks? Actions? I guess we might never know. Any answers would be appreciated. Thank you very much.

Did you read the rest of the post? As it was related to me it was the ripple effect-the cleaning woman made that assumption, the police (two very young rookie cops) stated it to the paramedics and so on....

Did you read the rest of the post? As it was related to me it was the ripple effect-the cleaning woman made that assumption, the police (two very young rookie cops) stated it to the paramedics and so on....

Yes I did read the rest of the post. I actually made my last post a half an hour before it showed up (?) I got an error message and decided to come back later and just found it showed up after you had responded. I apologize.

I understand what you are saying and it is extremely unfortunate. I mean no disrespect and I hope my posts aren't taken as me being callous to the facts of this case or the unfortunate, inexcusable and deplorable actions by many in regards to this man. I know the mention of him possibly being homeless prior to him being found by the dumpster upsets some people on here. I just want to effectively rule it out in my own mind with some facts possibly clarifying his physical characteristics when he was found. Your information is very informative! :thumb:

Sorry about the confusion! I can see where you would think I was an idiot asking that after the post you had just made! LOL :crazy: :slap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni