Death Row Inmates Have Web Pages

colomom

Inactive
Reaction score
I think I would rather that they have nada, zero, zilch contact with the outside world:

http://ccadp.org/inmates.htm

Scott Peterson and Charles Ng are under California.

Some interesting links to explore as well....

Charles Ng and Lake are the stuff of nightmares. Thanks for the link.

Rosie Alfaro, the woman sentenced at 18yrs old, was pregnant with twins at the time of a robbery were she stabbed a 9 year old little girl 57 times.

Charles Ng and Lake are the stuff of nightmares. Thanks for the link.

Rosie Alfaro, the woman sentenced at 18yrs old, was pregnant with twins at the time of a robbery were she stabbed a 9 year old little girl 57 times.
You aint kidding about that, their crimes haunted me for many nights. I was sorry I ever read of them.

I think I would rather that they have nada, zero, zilch contact with the outside world:

HOLY - are you kidding me?
This is outrageous- can anyone tell me, how with a big 'Ole paypal button on the top and bottom this does not violate the Son of Sam law? If that isn't directly profiting what is?

HOLY - are you kidding me?
This is outrageous- can anyone tell me, how with a big 'Ole paypal button on the top and bottom this does not violate the Son of Sam law? If that isn't directly profiting what is?

The Son of Sam law was stricken in some states as it violated the rights of the inmates.

Citation: CAL. CIV. CODE § 2225 (Deering 2001)
History: Enacted in 1987.

CIVIL CODE
DIVISION 3. Obligations
PART 4. Obligations Arising from Particular Transactions

TITLE 8. Involuntary Trusts

Cal Civ Code § 2225 (2001)

§ 2225. Proceeds from sale of story of felony by convicted felon; Involuntary trust

(a)(3)(B) "Profiteer of the felony" means any person who sells or transfers for profit any memorabilia or other property or thing of the felon, the value of which is enhanced by the notoriety gained from the commission of the felony for which the felon was convicted. This subparagraph shall not apply to any media entity reporting on the felon's story or on the sale of the materials, memorabilia, or other property or thing of the felon. Nor shall it apply to the sale of the materials, as the term is defined in paragraph (6), where the seller is exercising his or her first amendment rights. This subparagraph also shall not apply to the sale or transfer by a profiteer of any other expressive work protected by the First Amendment unless the sale or transfer is primarily for a commercial or speculative purpose.

(10) (b)(1) All proceeds from the preparation for the purpose of sale, the sale of the rights to, or the sale of materials that include or are based on the story of a felony for which a convicted felon was convicted, shall be subject to an involuntary trust for the benefit of the beneficiaries set forth in this section. That trust shall continue until five years after the time of payment of the proceeds to the felon or five years after the date of conviction, whichever is later. If an action is filed by a beneficiary to recover his or her interest in a trust within those time limitations, the trust character of the property shall continue until the conclusion of the action. At the end of the five-year trust period, any proceeds that remain in trust that have not been claimed by a beneficiary shall be transferred to the Controller, to be allocated to the Restitution Fund for the payment of claims pursuant to Section 13969 of the Government Code.

http://www.freedomforum.org/packages/first/SonOfSam/index.htm#California

The inmates shouldn't have internet access at all!:furious:

JMHO
fran

A couple of things to consider...

This is a Canadian organization (Canadian Coalition Against The Death Penalty) and they assist prisoners in communicating with people through third parties over the internet. Arizona tried to ban these webpages....and lost (http://ccadp.org/AZnews-dec2002.htm).

The monies they collect are used for:

The Education Fund (to provide books and the opportunity to take
correspondence courses, etc. as many inmates have expressed a desire to do);
or to the Justice For Jimmy Fund (an innocent man awaiting execution in Pennsylvania), or to any of the other inmates who have asked us to collect defense funds. Or you can specify that you wish your contribution to go toward office and business expenses. None of the money goes directly to the inmate.

What bothers me is that this opens a door (a really BIG door) to communication with the outside world. We all know about the behavior of certain people when it comes to communicating with notorious prisoners. Many of these websites are set up to request pen pals but, again, some people are easily manipulated. I think this is dangerous.

I mean, what happened to being removed from society??

http://ccadp.org/jamesduckett.htm

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Greetings ![/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Being on Death Row was the last place I ever expected to be. Especially when I was a City Police Officer for a small town west of Orlando, Fl. On the night of May 11th/12th, 1987 while on duty alone from 7 pm - 7 am my whole life was soon to change. After doing my job as I was instructed that night a month later I was named a suspect in a murder and fired from the force.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Based on circumstantial evidence and the testimony of a 16 yr old female who was in jail in 87-88 facing 3 felony charges and pregnant too. I was convicted in May 1988. This female in August 89 recanted her trial testimony then went back and forth 3 additional times as to if she lied or not, all documented.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]In my appeal hearing in 1997 when my Attorney called this female to testify she was told by the State Attorney if she recanted her original 1988 trial testimony that she could / would face perjury charges and go to prison for up to 7 years. She took the stand at the hearing and refused to answer any questions as to her 1988 testimony or recantation of such.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]I have been on Florida's Death Row since June 30th, 1988.[/FONT]

The first time that I had ever heard of any inmate having a webpage was Charles Manson. That scared me to death. A cult leader, who convinced so many others that they had the right to kill. And Manson got into it enough that he was up for parole (no one ever thought he would get parole), but he was so into the web page that he refused to go to his parole hearing and said he was "too busy" with his webpage to appear. LOL, I was appalled. Can you imagine if some disenfranchiased teeny boppers should find his webpage and begin to listen to him?

After that the prison did change it's policy for a while and said that prisoners were no longer allowed to have websites. But I don't think they can stop it through 3rd parties.

They shouldn't even have an access to an old 80's computer to play Pacman. Talk about the inmates running the asylum.

:eek:
They should have lost all of their rights to interact with the public when they committed their sordid crimes, IMO.

Thanks for the link, colomom.

Da*n Canadians.:crazy:

Imagine the families of the victims of these murderers?

There's something called "The Pampered Prisoner" and it's like a dating site for well prisoners. I don't think Lifers are on it, but it's internet access and that's plain wrong.

I'll look for the link for y'all. Don't be trying to get no dates now.:rolleyes:

The first time that I had ever heard of any inmate having a webpage was Charles Manson. That scared me to death. A cult leader, who convinced so many others that they had the right to kill. And Manson got into it enough that he was up for parole (no one ever thought he would get parole), but he was so into the web page that he refused to go to his parole hearing and said he was "too busy" with his webpage to appear. LOL, I was appalled. Can you imagine if some disenfranchiased teeny boppers should find his webpage and begin to listen to him?

After that the prison did change it's policy for a while and said that prisoners were no longer allowed to have websites. But I don't think they can stop it through 3rd parties.

Moreover, Charles Manson has said publicly early on that just putting him in jail does not stop his followers, there are more of "him" out there. That thinly veiled threat should be considered such.

Wait, are they updating their own websites?

Man, I've been so broke that I didn't have a phone or internet or anything, and prisoners have access to all that this whole time. I call NO FAIR!

The inmates don't get any money from the pay pal donations.

Just because they do not get direct cash, the money supports the site which in some cases causes self-promotion and in some cases these people are actually selling artwork, poetry, etc. I absolutely believe the case could be made and probably will be by a victims family who sees this.

Wait, are they updating their own websites?

Man, I've been so broke that I didn't have a phone or internet or anything, and prisoners have access to all that this whole time. I call NO FAIR!

Well apparently you have been living to straight my friend-
kidding, but you get the pic obviously

A couple of things to consider...

This is a Canadian organization (Canadian Coalition Against The Death Penalty) and they assist prisoners in communicating with people through third parties over the internet. Arizona tried to ban these webpages....and lost (http://ccadp.org/AZnews-dec2002.htm).

The monies they collect are used for:

The Education Fund (to provide books and the opportunity to take
correspondence courses, etc. as many inmates have expressed a desire to do);
or to the Justice For Jimmy Fund (an innocent man awaiting execution in Pennsylvania), or to any of the other inmates who have asked us to collect defense funds. Or you can specify that you wish your contribution to go toward office and business expenses. None of the money goes directly to the inmate.

What bothers me is that this opens a door (a really BIG door) to communication with the outside world. We all know about the behavior of certain people when it comes to communicating with notorious prisoners. Many of these websites are set up to request pen pals but, again, some people are easily manipulated. I think this is dangerous.

I mean, what happened to being removed from society??

I completely agree with you that the priority needs to be on the dangers of some of these people reaching a public forum or folks directly. However, I am mystified that the potential for a murdering rapist or serial pedophile murderer can have this kind of access. Some of these guys are gang members- does anyone really believe there might not be code in this sites?

The death row inmates don't actually post these websites themselves. There are groups and/or individuals on the outside that maintain the sites and post the messages of the inmates.
DR inmates do not have internet access.

The death row inmates don't actually post these websites themselves. There are groups and/or individuals on the outside that maintain the sites and post the messages of the inmates.
DR inmates do not have internet access.

Thank you for the clarification, duly noted, but it still allows them the ability to reach the outside world, and possibly code messages, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back