Father badly beaten after trying to protect daughter at Valleyfair

GetSmart

Reaction score
http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=518548&catid=14

Father badly beaten after trying to protect daughter at Valleyfair
By Scott Seroka, KARE 11 News
Updated: 7/15/2008 11:51:14 AM

Six men remain in the Scott County jail following what police call a brutal assault on a father trying to protect his daughter.

Shakopee police say as the crowd was leaving Valleyfair Amusement Park around midnight on the 4th of July, the victim's daughter was confronted by two men.

"The 12-year-old daughter was either touched or slapped in the buttocks area," Scott County Attorney Patrick Ciliberto said. "The father confronted (the men) by yelling at them for what they had done to his daughter," he added.

Police say the two men called their friends, who were also in the park. The group of seven men and a juvenile then confronted the father.

"They beat him to the ground and then, the evidence that we have, when he was on the ground, they used their feet on him. They were kicking him in the face when he was down," Ciliberto said.

According to the criminal complaints, the men were stomping on the 41-year-old father as he lay on the ground, unconscious.

He suffered severe head injuries, including a fractured right orbital bone and possible subdural bleeding on the brain. "We don't know if there are permanent injuries yet," the County Attorney said.

Shakopee Police found the suspects in the parking lot. Seven of them were arrested and one man ran from the scene and police are still looking for him. Of the seven taken into custody, one was a 14-year-old.

The six adults charged and held in jail are Devondre Evans-Lewis, Andrew Shannon, Darris Evans, Terry Arnold, Derry Evans, and Anthony Gildersleeve.

The Scott County Attorney says several of the men have criminal histories and they are all from the Twin Cities metro area. They range in age from 18 to 22-years-old.

All six adults have been charged with 3rd degree felony assault causing substantial bodily harm.
Video Link below

http://www.kare11.com/video/player.aspx?aid=77076&sid=518548&bw=

That is horrible!!!!

Not only did that poor girl have to endure a couple of perverted jerks inappropriately touching her, but also witness her father being badly beaten for defending her! What an awful thing for her and her father! I pray for his recovery.

I'm glad they caught the people responsible!

this is just horrible! awful! i bet that poor child was horrified...

Praying as I type that this man has full recovery. I can't imagine how devastating this had to be on the 12 yr old watching her dad get attacked. I know my own 12 yr old dd would be traumatized for a long time.

Wow... Very sad..
I used to love Valley Fair when I was a kid... It's pretty sad that you can't even enjoy yourself at an amusement park without being attacked by a bunch of sickos...

And why were they not charged with sexual assault on the little girl? They grabbed her bottom. That should be enough.

How terrible! I pray for full recovery and that this girl is able to move past this experience...I can't imagine the way that she's feeling right now. This poor family.

One of these guys was 14!?!? where's the proper upbringing? Sounds like they missed a lot of paddlin's as they were growing up.

In reading how the events happened, sounds like the two that did it thought they were going to get thier butts kicked by the man and called for backup. Then mob ruled. I hope every one of them gets at least 2 years. After all, we ain't talking self defense on thier part.

And it's a shame that this sort of thing is happening more and more at Amusement parks. I still remember when I went to DisneyWorld at age 15 with my parents and nephew. A couple of jamaicans were in line for the tram to take you in and they sparked a rather large "fattie". Not one person dared to say anything about it.

Her daddy is a hero.

First thing in the morning...tired...not much coffee...gonna play devil's advocate.

He's kind of dumb.

He may be a hero, but he's a hero with serious injuries. Yes, he defended the honor of his young daughter, but he's of no use to her in a hospital bed. He should have located security/police and addressed the issue.

He was already outnumbered 2 to 1 when he confronted these guys.

Paladin makes a good point. What if one of these thugs had a knife? His daughter would have had to live with the trauma of knowing her father died protecting her. That would leave some major psychological scars.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back