Surgeon sued for giving anesthetized patient temporary tattoo

Clearly Confused

Oh my head!
Reaction score
By Don Sapatkin
Inquirer Staff Writer

In a lawsuit filed yesterday, a Camden County woman accused her orthopedic surgeon of "rubbing a temporary tattoo of a red rose" on her belly while she was under anesthesia.
The patient discovered the tattoo below the panty line the next morning, when her husband was helping her get dressed to go home after the operation for a herniated disc, her attorney, Gregg A. Shivers, said in a phone interview yesterday.

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/new...ng_anesthetized_patient_temporary_tattoo.html

Lovely...I couldn't imagine waking up to that.

What a weirdo! That is totally bizarre and inappropriate and I think the doctor should have his license taken away.

That's just tacky. What was he thinking?

I guess it's better than branding her insides like that one doc. What is the world coming to?

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/guiler1.html

This is what I was thinking of. It's bad :(

A Kentucky woman claims that a doctor branded her uterus with the initials of his alma mater during an operation to remove the organ last year, according to a lawsuit filed Wednesday (1/22). Stephanie Means, a 38-year-old school administrator, alleges that while Dr. James Guiler (picture at left) performed an August 14 hysterectomy at Central Baptist Hospital in Lexington, he "used a cauterizing instrument to intentionally brand the letters 'UK,' approximately 4-5 cm in height, on Plaintiff Stephanie Means's uterus." Means's lawsuit notes that since she and her husband were apprehensive about the surgery, Guiler filmed the procedure and gave the couple a copy of the videotape, which, the Fayette Circuit Court lawsuit states, "clearly showed the instrument being used to brand Stephanie's uterus." Guiler, a 1976 graduate of the University of Kentucky College of Medicine, was a sponsor of a 2001 fundraiser benefitting UK's basketball museum.

Yeah. But why film it and show the woman what he did? Did he think she'd find it funny? It just disturbed me...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back