study: "..flirty women make husbands love their wives less.."

I think this is true to some degree, especially the last part. Women are more used to being approached by men and so are more on the alert for trouble. Men who are not used to being approached are flattered and less knowing of the appropriate way to react or how it might affect their relationships. I know that my DH seems woefully in the dark when women who try to insert themselves into his world. While he's not Brad Pitt, he is a really good guy and many women would be lucky to have him (I am). So it's up to me to remind him of what is appropriate female behavior and what to do about the inappropriate stuff. I think he's starting to get it...

I'd just remind him with a good kick up the jacksy.........and her too:crazy::crazy::crazy:

No, no, don't over think this. We men are just pigs. It's that simple.

As one comedian (which one I cannot remember) once observed, when was the last time you heard a man say "no, no, I'm not that kind of boy"?

Dr Lydon said: ‘One interpretation of these studies is that men are unable to ward off temptation
.Gee, ya think?

study: obvious statements found to be dumb by Paladin

We can ward her off though...with a slap in the puss:)
Im hoping that puss has a different meaning in the UK to what it has here Ciara:eek::)......Ive got stitches in my side from laughing:blowkiss:

Im hoping that puss has a different meaning in the UK to what it has here Ciara:eek::)......Ive got stitches in my side from laughing:blowkiss:

Its not said in England Dingo but its an irish expression for the mouth:)

Its an Aussies expression for something else here:D

I think I get the drift of it Dingo:):):)
Dont ya just LOVE language:woohoo:

If men were not so insecure they wouldn't be threatened.
A little lighthearted flirting is good for a marriage, IMO.

Not in mine.....I think its playing with fire. I would kill lol

Thank you SCM for mentioning this...when I saw this thread it's the FIRST thing I thought of. And I thought "oh great, this is ALL I needed to hear on a day when I've felt like crap anyway."
Oh well....if flirting from some woman makes him love me less then it's best he get gone...the song "Irreplaceable" by Beyonce comes to mind here:

"So since I'm not your everything
how 'bout I'll be nothing,
nothing at all to you,
baby I won't shed a tear for you
I won't lose a wink of sleep
cause the truth of the matter is
replacing you is so easy"

You know, everyone has their own version of what they think is cheating...it ranges for people from flirting all the way to sex. For me, flirting is cheating. I can understand how flirting made my hubby feel good, boosted his pride etc...but the point is it was NOT me doing this to him. I try to compliment him ALL the time. And I do, so WHY should someone else's flirting get him more proud/excited/boostful than mine?
I've made it clear I compliment him ALOT, and if I'm not enough he needs to go find someone else.
To me flirting is cheating and after the disaster with my 1st ex-hubby I SWORE I would never put up with that again.
I have gave now hubby ONE chance...if he screws up again, I'm gone. I am NOT putting up with the worry/fear/pain/un-knowingness again.

If men were not so insecure they wouldn't be threatened.
A little lighthearted flirting is good for a marriage, IMO.

If men weren't such pigs WIVES wouldn't have to feel so insecure.
Flirting MAY lead to cheating, and that is never "good for a marriage." IMO.

The study title should have read:
"Flighty husbands love their wives less"

In a stable, loving, HONEST relationship there is no need to fall for a flirtatious encounter.. once more... this is MOO

I'd just remind him with a good kick up the jacksy.........and her too:crazy::crazy::crazy:

See, thus the problem. Men then say, "see you are jealous and controling. She is just being nice." Thus he likes the wife less and the flirty girl more.

Oh, the vicious spiral...

I would say to any guy who defended someone flirting with them "You're absolutely right. She is just being nice. I think I'll follow her fine example and be more nice to men too. Why don't you invite some of your friends over later this evening?" I would be sure to be as nice to them as flirty girl. I don't think any guy would like his wife/girlfriend being that nice and hopefully he'd learn a lesson. Then I'd kick her trampy *advertiser censored*. :behind:

See, thus the problem. Men then say, "see you are jealous and controling. She is just being nice." Thus he likes the wife less and the flirty girl more.

Oh, the vicious spiral...

You're right! That is what men think. Ohhh, if they just understood the mind of the coniving woman! :snake:

See, I know the mind of such a woman and I know the mind of men, so in that situation, I flirt back with the girl before he can. That always throws the chick for a loop and they usually leave it alone. :bow:
If not, then I kick her a$$. :D

On the other hand, it makes my husband extremely amused because he knows me, knows my own coniving ways and it makes him as hot as a June bride sitting bareback on depot stove for me! It's a win, win situation! :lick: :rocker:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back