Caylee Marie Anthony - 2 - missing for a month before mother contacts authorities! #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

anneinchicago

Reaction score
This is one bizarre (and probably tragic) story.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-071908-missing-girl-jul19,0,3232170.story?page=1

A trail of lies and unanswered questions today surround the disappearance of a 2-year-old girl reported missing by her mother more than a month after she vanished.

An Orange County judge denied Casey Marie Anthony bond this morning, saying she showed "no regret or concern for her actions" following the disappearance of her daughter Caylee Marie Anthony.

Caylee ad her mother were living with the mther's parents. They left because the mother said she had found work in Tampa. It wasn't true. The grandparents tried to find them, but couldn't. They spoke to their daughter, but were always told Caylee couldn't come to the phone for whatever reason. Concerned, the grandparents finally called police.

Here are some of the lies investigators say Casey Marie Anthony told about the disappearance of her daughter Caylee:

Lie: She last saw 2-year-old Caylee on June 9 after leaving her with a baby-sitter at an apartment on South Conway Road.

Truth: That apartment had been vacant since Feb. 29.

Lie: Caylee's baby-sitter, Zenaida Gonzalez, had been a family friend for four years and cared for Caylee for 18 months.

Truth: Contacted by detectives, a woman named Zenaida Gonzalez told them she never met Anthony or her missing child.

Lie: Anthony investigated Caylee's disappearance for a month instead of calling 911.

Truth: Two of Anthony's boyfriends told detectives she never acted upset or mentioned her daughter's disappearance.

Lie: Anthony claimed she had been so concerned she told two co-workers at Universal Studios her child had disappeared.

Truth: Neither person she named works at Universal.

Lie: She claimed she worked full-time at Universal Studios — the reason she needed a baby-sitter.

Truth: Theme park officials said Thursday Anthony has never been an employee.

Please continue discussions here.

Links to previous thread and similar threads can be found toward the bottom of the page.

For all the newbies
Welcome_blue_hummingbird.gif

I am just sick over all of this! I mean for goodness sakes,.. EVERYTIME you turn on the news, someone is either killed, raped, molested,..ect ect. I just can't believe we live in a world today where FAMILY MEMBERS kill their own!!!!! What the hell is wrong with society that makes these people think its ok to kill or molest their own family members???? I just don't understand?!!!!!
It makes so scared to know that this is the kind of world my two year old daughter is going to grow up in! Luckily I have a FANTASTIC family that will help teach and protect her from all of this sick and twisted crap that plaques our world today!
sorry,.. just needed to vent!

im not sure the world is any MORE sick and twisted today than in has been in the past, its different, and its certainly given more coverage, but the world has always been pretty sick and twisted unfortunately. :(

Actually you bring up a good point that just started a lightbuld thought in me...Animals in times of deprivation and stress will eat their young, correct? Wonder if we are evolving to a similar mindset-I am not being clear, but hormonally...ppd is up-I wonder if there is any relationship at all...why do women seem to think that they need to get rid of their offspring in order to get or keep a man at a time in history when there is more equality than ever??

I am just sick over all of this! I mean for goodness sakes,.. EVERYTIME you turn on the news, someone is either killed, raped, molested,..ect ect. I just can't believe we live in a world today where FAMILY MEMBERS kill their own!!!!! What the hell is wrong with society that makes these people think its ok to kill or molest their own family members???? I just don't understand?!!!!!
It makes so scared to know that this is the kind of world my two year old daughter is going to grow up in! Luckily I have a FANTASTIC family that will help teach and protect her from all of this sick and twisted crap that plaques our world today!
sorry,.. just needed to vent!

I understand how you're feeling Hailejade. :( It's such a scary world. I'm very overprotective of my daughter and I have good reason to be. Look at this world we live in. :(

Praying for Caylee that she is found alive and safe.

Ntegrity said,"That's exactly it. She did something to the child and knows she'll be in big trouble if she talks."

I wanna go slap that chic until she talks. :behindbar I'm not LE so she can talk to me without a lawyer!

I'm sick of following these cases where the perp, POI, suspect keeps their mouth shut and the case goes to 'cold files.' The person is still missing, most likely in some cases dead, and someone is getting away with MURDER.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm tired of the POI getting all the Constitutional Rights, and the victim get's victimized again. There has to be some way to reach a compromize on these cases. :(

Ggrrr
fran

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,385821,00.html

I'm sure that link is on the other thread as well.

I'm so disturbed by this. This "mother" needs to fess up and tell where Caylee is.

I'm also disturbed that the grandparents waited so long to contact the police.

I may be wrong, but didn't they contact them this past Tuesday 7/15? Grandmother's blog entry about Caylee missing is from 7/3 if I'm not mistaken. Why wait so long?????

Does this remind you of the Trenton Duckett case at all?

I just was thinking that when I was a child (I am 31 now) that it didn't seem to be as much violence then as there is now. I don't remember hearing about people getting murdered, raped and molested as much as I do now. Maybe its because we are a more technology friendly world today but I just think that overall that people aren't as nice, considerate and have lost alot of morals. I am not saying everyone is like this. There is still alot good people in the world (just look at this board!!!!!) But it just seems to me that there is more evil people out there then there ever was,.. JMO

This all just makes me so sad to think mother's or parents can even harm their children. Or anyone for that matter. Children are so Innocent and rely on adults to care for them and love them not harm them. Very Very Sad!

i think the grandmother's blog can be read to say that caylee is missing from her life, not that she thinks at that point that caylee is truly a missing person.

even tho she does clearly seem to have concerns about the child's wellbeing at that point, and an argument can be made she should have called police sooner, or at least social services. tough call tho if she really didnt suspect anything "foul" at that point.

i think the grandmother's blog can be read to say that caylee is missing from her life, not that she thinks at that point that caylee is truly a missing person.

even tho she does clearly seem to have concerns about the child's wellbeing at that point, and an argument can be made she should have called police sooner, or at least social services. tough call tho if she really didnt suspect anything "foul" at that point.

I am sure the LE questioned her (g-ma) already if we think it sounds awful, I am sure they wondered too.

I am sure the LE questioned her (g-ma) already if we think it sounds awful, I am sure they wondered too.

just to clarify (i need to quote more often hehe) my last reply was in response to why did g-ma wait from 7-03 to 7-15 to contact authorities.

:)

just to clarify (i need to quote more often hehe) my last reply was in response to why did g-ma wait from 7-03 to 7-15 to contact authorities.

:)

I was just talking about g-ma's blog Sorry. I am sure the LE questioned g-ma over her blog (or would hope so)

Actually you bring up a good point that just started a lightbuld thought in me...Animals in times of deprivation and stress will eat their young, correct? Wonder if we are evolving to a similar mindset-I am not being clear, but hormonally...ppd is up-I wonder if there is any relationship at all...why do women seem to think that they need to get rid of their offspring in order to get or keep a man at a time in history when there is more equality than ever??

I see what you are saying believe. :blowkiss:

I think it's because some see children as being disposable with no value. :furious: It truly sickens, scares, and infuriates me to no end. :furious: :furious:

New to this - but I read all the time. In this case of poor little Caylee, just thought I would say my thought on the Gmother myspace. She could have wrote that prior to even thinking that her Gdaughter was missing, she could have thought that her daughter would read her myspace blog and see how she felt that she took the gdaugter away from her, and she misses the gdaughter. Since the daughter would not allow her to see Caylee - I think she made this blog so her daughter would see how much she misses her gdaughter and maybe allow her to visit.

Just my thought.

I am struggling in keeping up here .... have they concluded the search at Casey's parents' home? Have they stated that nothing was found?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado