PA - Woman Claims She Bought Newborn For $1000

Luzer

Professional Cat Dodger
Reaction score
I got chills when I read this story. A PA woman claims she bought a newborn from a pregnant woman she befriended. She had been charged in 1991 with hurting a pregnant woman, so I am really afraid she did befriend a pregnant woman, killed the woman and made up the story so she could get a baby.

Oh, I hope I am wrong.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20080718/Baby.Mystery/

I'm guessing no pregnant women have been reported missing in the area in the past two days or else they would have their answer as to whether she killed the mother or not. Maybe some wierdo really did sell her the baby.

this one bothers me. I think there is a dead woman somewhere in a ditch, I hope I'm wrong but just got a feeling about it. Perhaps a homeless woman, so no one would report her missing.

http://cbs13.com/national/Andrea.Curry.Demus.2.774643.html

Police said they found a body inside the home of a suspect who allegedly told police that she bought a baby whom she had taken to a local hospital.

The suspect, Andrea Curry-Demus, 38, of Wilkinsburg, Pa. is in the Allegheny County Jail undergoing a mental evaluation, according to CBS station KDKA in Pittsburgh.

Willkinsburg Police Chief Ophelia Coleman confirmed that a woman's body was found face down in Curry-Demus' apartment with her hands bound. (more at link)

I had such a terrible feeling her tale wasn't true. That poor dead mother.

This is a crime that deserves the death penalty, if any crime would.

I had such a terrible feeling her tale wasn't true. That poor dead mother.

This is a crime that deserves the death penalty, if any crime would.

Uhh, what was this woman doing out in the first place? This is her SECOND run at this crime-she was locked up previously for stabbing a woman in an attempt to steal an as of yet unborn child.

Yet another example unfortunately of the NEEDED NATIONAL CRIMINALLY INSANE FOR LIFE WITHIN CONFINES OF MENTAL INSTITUTION SENTENCE.

Whoever the Judge was that gave this deplorable being 10 years probation for a violent crime against a pregnant woman in order to kidnap her unborn child should be a Judge NO LONGER.

This nonsense just has to stop. We need the criminal & civil justice system to protect society, not be an employment system for too many worthless, shifty judges & attorneys who protect the elite with light sentences & bail so they can flee &/or buy off jurors & unleash these unfit to exist in society to prey upon the common which most of us make up.

Is there not a leader within the hardly operating criminal & civil justice system that can garner the courage to organize the ethical within the professions to stop this fiasco. To lobby the Federal & State Legislatures to represent the people as they are elected to do, THE RIGHT THING. It is unacceptable that is is us who are for the most part amateur's calling for major reform.

It took a pretty much unknown District Attorney in Southern California, an intelligent Jury & an ethical witness to come forward who had been told the sordid tale by the perpetrator to finally prosecute a murderer who successfully disposed of his wife's body overboard that gave the courage to Prosecutor's throughout the country to pursue these murderer's who forever have been getting away with murder by disposing of the body & cleaning up the crime scene or having an unknown crime scene.

God Bless the leaders that our country does have but we don't have enough YET.

I wonder what is behind the perps relative leading LE to another apartment? Because of this, LE only searched the real apartment because reporters called about a smell.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,386503,00.html

(snip)
Investigators said police checked on Curry-Demus' apartment after reporters called authorities about a foul odor coming from inside. Wilkinsburg Police Chief Ophelia Coleman said the body was found lying face down.
Police had been at the building Thursday night, but did not go into that apartment, Coleman said. Instead, a relative of Curry-Demus led them to another apartment, she said.

It's hard to believe people can do things like this.

A woman found dead in a Pennsylvania home had been eviscerated, her uterus cut open, after another woman showed up at a hospital with a newborn she falsely claimed was hers, a medical examiner said.
An autopsy was performed Saturday on the body of a woman found with her hands bound with duct tape in the Wilkinsburg apartment of Andrea Curry-Demus, 38, who allegedly told police she had paid $1,000 for the baby after authorities said tests proved she wasn't the child's mother. (more at link)

Hell in a handbasket, that's where this world is going. I wish I could say this was unbelievable, but I know it's happened before and will happen again.

I wonder what is behind the perps relative leading LE to another apartment? Because of this, LE only searched the real apartment because reporters called about a smell.

(snip)
Investigators said police checked on Curry-Demus' apartment after reporters called authorities about a foul odor coming from inside. Wilkinsburg Police Chief Ophelia Coleman said the body was found lying face down.
Police had been at the building Thursday night, but did not go into that apartment, Coleman said. Instead, a relative of Curry-Demus led them to another apartment, she said.

I was wondering the same thing, SuzieQ. I hope this relative gets charged with accessory after the fact or attempt to impede an investigation or something. Given the fact that this perp has a baby-stealing attempt history and was going around with a newborn baby that wasn't hers, this relative had to know they were protecting the perp by misleading LE.

I cannot help but wonder if this woman murdered a woman she befriended and had living in her home. I find it very, very odd that no one has put out a missing persons report concerning a pregnant woman.

The poor victim never knew what was coming.... :(

A woman found dead in a Pennsylvania home had been eviscerated, her uterus cut open, after another woman showed up at a hospital with a newborn she falsely claimed was hers, a medical examiner said.
An autopsy was performed Saturday on the body of a woman found with her hands bound with duct tape in the Wilkinsburg apartment of Andrea Curry-Demus, 38, who allegedly told police she had paid $1,000 for the baby after authorities said tests proved she wasn't the child's mother. (more at link)

I was just about to post the CNN link to the same story-the head line on the CNN story says that they are waiting to see if this body is somehow connected to the newborn baby...with the umbilical cord attached that does not biologically belong to the woman who claimed her...I would say that le is being a mite conservative don't you think??
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/19/baby.mystery/index.html

Poor girl. And poor baby, what a dreadful way to begin your life. Why do people do this? Do they think people won't notice that they suddenly have a baby?? :mad:

Jan 11, 6:24 PM EST

Trial opens in murder, kidnapping from womb case

By DAN NEPHIN
Associated Press Writer

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- A woman accused of cutting a baby from a pregnant teenager, killing her, and passing the baby off as her own, had not been pregnant, even though she told her family she was, according to a prosecutor and her doctor.

Andrea Curry-Demus, 40, put her name on an ultrasound picture of a fetus and gave it to her mother, who threw a baby shower for her.

Her mother, Sharon Curry, testified at her daughter's trial on homicide and kidnapping charges Monday that she was excited at learning she would be a grandmother for the first time in late fall 2007.

"I was on cloud nine," she testified. "I was very, very happy."

But while a doctor told Curry-Demus, of Wilkinsburg, a Pittsburgh suburb, that she may be pregnant based on a urine test, a blood test showed she was not. Dr. Karen Velazquez testified Curry-Demus was not pregnant.

While Curry-Demus held herself out to be pregnant, she plotted to get a baby, according to prosecutor Mark Tranquilli.

That happened when she met and befriended Kia Johnson, 18, of McKeesport, at the Allegheny County Jail, in July 2008. Johnson was visiting her unborn son's father and Curry-Demus was visiting her husband. Curry-Demus lured Johnson to her apartment to steal the baby, Tranquilli said.

more here

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...=FLTAM&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=news_generic.htm

PLEASE let this woman be locked up for the rest of her life!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back