Legalities and Legalese

Status
Not open for further replies.
bump! This is from our media member and is great stuff

"
First time poster here, and in the spirit of full disclosure, I am a member of the media. Not news, but media none the less.
I stumbled on this forum and can say how great it is when a "think tank" happens.
Brainstorming so so effective and a long held tradition in sleuthing.

Having said that, I feel like I need to respond to those posters that feel this forum should conduct itself like a courtroom or a newsroom .
Forums are in their essence, think tanks, and all about circumstantial evidence and horse sense and some creative deduction.
For all intents and puposes, newsrooms and courtrooms deal in just the facts, or so we hope.

This particular forum is very respectful of others and well informed. They call out those who go over the line and welcome debate in a civilized manner. This is rare indeed.

Certain clues cannot be substantiated because LE will not deny or confirm publicly. I can affirm however, that seasoned LEO's live by their "hunches" and they are working diligently to prove them and have an ironclad case so that when they in fact do arrest someone, they don't walk away due to messy evidence gathering.

On the otherside of that are brilliant prosecuters like Vincent Bugliosi who put Charles Manson away for life on circumstantial evidence.

These forums also draw in posters with information that can be quite useful.
The forum has no power to convict or acquit, it is merely a mind bank.

If you want to live by court approved evidence, wait for the trail and rail on.

In the mean time, let the gathering of these well intentioned and articulate souls, who have their life experiences to bring to the table, post on!

I have to go to work now, but I will be sure to check in later...."

it was from some sort of media person... who is now a member/poster. He was trying to get wudge to settle down a bit LOL....

I posted it here because I thought it was a good point in terms of legalities and ws vs msm and the legal system itself

cateH had this to say:

"No if about it - NC definitely requires a 1 year separation. Now that's not to say that some people don't fudge the numbers...but the law is one year, in separate residences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdward01