[B][/B]Recalling Mary Lacy

Nedthan Johns

Reaction score
Website
www.
Since she only has 6 more months left in office, this is probably not worth the effort, however it appears to me that Mary Lacy has made every effort to claim "VICTORY" in this case and after reading all the posts at the Rocky Mountain News, Denver Post, FOX News, etc. I do feel people should voice their concerns about how Mary Lacy inadequately handled this and apparently many other cases in Boulder.

Trish, how do on-line petitions work and is it worth the effort to start a circulation? I have contacted the District Attorney's office via e-mail and never received a response. I do not know enough about the DA's office to understand who governs the position, but have read on-line other cases where the public has asked for the DA to resign, in one because the DA used racial slurs in personal e-mails.

I think what Mary Lacy has done here is a clear case of injustice, which can be supported by her own words. This public apology to John Ramsey is a complete charade. I'd like to know what we can do about it.

Any suggestions?

Ned, the DA's office has to answer to the Govenor of the state. There may be others as well that I'm not familiar with.

If you go that route I'm behind you 1000%!

I know the majority of the people and the media is tired of this case and of Mary Lacy, but I just can't seem to shake the audacity of her public apology that she made as she is about to leave office. To be perfectly honest I am surprised there wasn't more outrage over the whole John Mark Karr incident. Again, not sure how to go about this, or who oversees this but I have thought about this since this latest DNA news broke.

To be perfectly honest I am surprised there wasn't more outrage over the whole John Mark Karr incident.

You're not the only one!

Okay I am at a loss. I called the Governor's office, they referred me to the Attorney General's office who then referred me to the Supreme Court Attorney Regulation Council, who said they only take individual complaints via telephone or in writing about Attorney legal misconduct. Not sure that is what we want. I will wait for Trish to respond.

Hi River,

I was told the Governors' office was not the place to proceed with this and may be differnent from recalling or demanding for a DA to resign from office due to incompetence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia

"Here is something else that really bothers me.

The Gov. keeps saying he will consider a special prosecutor if there is new evidence.

That statement, made to us over and over, doesn't make any sense.

Gov. Owens is saying, as clear as crystal, that he doesn't trust Mary Keenan if any new evidence is developed. Period.

Why in the world would he take the case away from Keenan if new evidence is developed? Because he doesn't trust her either. But for some reason it's ok to let her sit on all the evidence and do nothing.

When I brought this up to CH she did not respond. Just nodded her head.

"EXCUSE ME?! We need to be on the phone with the Gov as he stated that he would consider appointing a Special Prosecutor IF there was new evidence and Mary Lacy claims that there is!!!" RR

I'm in!

For both the recall and for letters requesting the special prosecutor in light of the 'new evidence'.

If you can't beat them knock 'em off their feet using their own game!

"Ms. Honssinger also gave us an idea, a direction if you will, on where we might take this next. I don’t want to say much more on it until I have done some research."

Trish was is that direction? Where do we go from here?

"Ms. Honssinger also gave us an idea, a direction if you will, on where we might take this next. I don’t want to say much more on it until I have done some research."

Since she only has 6 more months left in office, this is probably not worth the effort, however it appears to me that Mary Lacy has made every effort to claim "VICTORY" in this case and after reading all the posts at the Rocky Mountain News, Denver Post, FOX News, etc. I do feel people should voice their concerns about how Mary Lacy inadequately handled this and apparently many other cases in Boulder.

Trish, how do on-line petitions work and is it worth the effort to start a circulation? I have contacted the District Attorney's office via e-mail and never received a response. I do not know enough about the DA's office to understand who governs the position, but have read on-line other cases where the public has asked for the DA to resign, in one because the DA used racial slurs in personal e-mails.

I think what Mary Lacy has done here is a clear case of injustice, which can be supported by her own words. This public apology to John Ramsey is a complete charade. I'd like to know what we can do about it.

Any suggestions?

Hi my friend Nedthan,

My apologies for taking so long to get back to you on this thread.

On-Line petitions have zero legal credibility. The only thing they are good for is to bring attention to a problem through the media.

When we set up our on-line petition to appoint a special prosecutor in this case and went to Denver to present it to the Gov. the media loved it. It contained a lot of info at the time and was quoted a lot.

Although I love your heart felt enthusiasm I don't think there is enough time to get a good on line petition going.

My advice would be to wait until the new guy comes in. Then we can see if he will do anything. If not...well and on-line petition is an option.

If I remember correctly, he intimated, he did not come out and suggest this but he intimated we should hire a local lawyer and take her to court for her inaction on the case. There is a law if I remember right that allows you to do this.

My mind is so fuzzy on this so forgive me if I am wrong.

Two things happened when we tried to get a lawyer.

1- No one would touch it with a 10 foot pole. I mean I was hung up on at the mention of JonBenet. Let alone suing the DA's office for not doing their job.

2-My personal life crashed and I ran out of money at the same time.

What needs to be done, and Wendy Murphy said she would consult on this, is we need to hire a lawyer and take the DA's office to court and demand the release of all the PUBLIC documents. Make Lacy show how she came to her decisions.

Just FYI. Don't know if I mentioned this or not...I have purchased the domain of www.shameonmarylacy.com We are going to put up all of her disastrous decisions and the horrible trauma she caused while in office.

What needs to be done, and Wendy Murphy said she would consult on this, is we need to hire a lawyer and take the DA's office to court and demand the release of all the PUBLIC documents. Make Lacy show how she came to her decisions.

YAHOO! I'm with you, whatever you need.

How about a petition to send her to Guantanamo Bay;)

How about a petition to send her to Guantanamo Bay;)

They'd be too easy on her! Send her to my place!

In all seriousness, what about filing with FOIA--Freedom of Information Act?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back