Woman with HIV gets 3 years for spitting in Another Woman's Face

I'm not sure but isnt the reason its so alarming because the spit can get into the mucous in the eye and with it being HIV that could be serious?? I am sure I read that somewhere.
Either way, its just a vile dirty habit and a very low thing to do to spit at someone else, HIV or not:mad:

HIV isn't transmissable (can't spell tonight, sorry) by saliva, only by blood, semen, vaginal secretions, and breast milk. Even if the spit got into the person's eyes, the chances of transmission are zero. Even *if* the person had fresh blood in their mouth when they spat, the chances of transmission would be virtually zero.

HIV is a pretty fragile, wimpy virus. It dies quickly on contact with air, and has to get into your blood stream for infection to occur. If you have no fresh cuts, scrapes, or abrasions on your skin, you could theoretically bathe in HIV positive blood and not get infected.

Still. Icky.

HIV isn't transmissable (can't spell tonight, sorry) by saliva, only by blood, semen, vaginal secretions, and breast milk. Even if the spit got into the person's eyes, the chances of transmission are zero. Even *if* the person had fresh blood in their mouth when they spat, the chances of transmission would be virtually zero.

HIV is a pretty fragile, wimpy virus. It dies quickly on contact with air, and has to get into your blood stream for infection to occur. If you have no fresh cuts, scrapes, or abrasions on your skin, you could theoretically bathe in HIV positive blood and not get infected.

Still. Icky.

I'm not sure but isnt the reason its so alarming because the spit can get into the mucous in the eye and with it being HIV that could be serious?? I am sure I read that somewhere.
Either way, its just a vile dirty habit and a very low thing to do to spit at someone else, HIV or not:mad:

I remember some girl years ago stating she contracted hiv from her dentist but Im not sure how the verdict turned out in that case. Even though it may not be very likely, I would be paranoid till it had been a year and free and clear of hiv after the incident.

Hepatitis B is much easier to contract and can stay on objects for up to 10 days!

Thanks for the info guys. I wasnt sure.
Hepatitis B...I didnt know that about the ten days either!!

Thanks for the info guys. I wasnt sure.
Hepatitis B...I didnt know that about the ten days either!!

I was told that by my microbiology teacher in my younger days in college. Im so thankful there is a vaccine for it. I had mine and my daughter did too. Im trying to talk my husband into getting it also.

I never heard of the vaccine being offered over here. I will have to find out if its available. I'm all for protection against Icky things:)

Thats one thing I love about this place, I am always learning something new here:)

I am always learning something new here myself. My grandpa often said "dumb folks are the ones who know everything."

They have a vaccine for hepatitis B (bodily fluids) and hepatitis A (especially important in eating out with food preparers who have poor hygiene). Read up on it as there are possible complications with anything. Hep B vaccine has been out for a long time. I had mine done at least 10 years ago or more.

I intend to read up on it now after reading what you wrote. I never really knew that much about it before so Thankyou for the information.:blowkiss:
Knowledge is Power:)

Especially with the food thing as I am funny and fussy about how my food is prepared and cooked anyway:)

I intend to read up on it now after reading what you wrote. I never really knew that much about it before so Thankyou for the information.:blowkiss:
Knowledge is Power:)

Especially with the food thing as I am funny and fussy about how my food is prepared and cooked anyway:)

Your welcome :)

I mentioned the food preparation thing as I remember years ago a restaurant in my state had a hep A outbreak from the salad bar. A food preparer went to the bathroom, didnt wash his hands, and it got in the food at the salad bar and infected many. It was really scary. Im picky on food prep too but most of my food is homemade. I have food intolerances and allergies so I have to make sure they are prepared properly. There are only a few places I can eat out at.

I cant believe somebody could be that ignorant to do something like that ,and she got three years out of it so say she will serve a year or less! whats wrong with that picture !!!!:furious:

I remember some girl years ago stating she contracted hiv from her dentist but Im not sure how the verdict turned out in that case. Even though it may not be very likely, I would be paranoid till it had been a year and free and clear of hiv after the incident.

Hepatitis B is much easier to contract and can stay on objects for up to 10 days!

Yes, Kimberly Bergalis and 5 others infected by Dr. David Acer. It is the only "known" case of a dentist transmitting HIV to a patient. After her death her sexual history was challenged, but I don't know if anyone has ever resolved it with more modern testing of the strain of HIV, etc. It is, at least, in doubt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimberly_Bergalis

http://www.aegis.com/news/ap/1994/ap941201.html

http://www.annals.org/cgi/content/full/124/2/250

Yes, Kimberly Bergalis and 5 others infected by Dr. David Acer. It is the only "known" case of a dentist transmitting HIV to a patient. After her death her sexual history was challenged, but I don't know if anyone has ever resolved it with more modern testing of the strain of HIV, etc. It is, at least, in doubt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimberly_Bergalis

http://www.aegis.com/news/ap/1994/ap941201.html

http://www.annals.org/cgi/content/full/124/2/250

I thought they had confirmed that the strain she had was the same as the strain the other victims had. Maybe I am remembering wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Postalgirl74
Back