Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Please continue GENERAL discussions here. Look around Nancy has her own forum, there are several threads started on specific topics to try and stay organized.

Links to previous and similar threads can be found toward the bottom of the page.

Newbies.....

WELCOMETOWSBLUE.gif

I am sad such a tragedy is bringing us all together.

I advise everyone to read the RULES of WS, Long and Short Version .

So why no updates on this case of late?
Cary PD said there would be no more updates until after the arrest.
Per another thread on this board, the next time the Wake County grand jury meets is Monday, July 28. I would expect the police to get an indictment in the morning, make the arrest by noon, and press conference in the afternoon.

Topsail posted: "Oh I agree with you and I see your point. I was just stating that to me it seemed odd. I have been separated and if my ex had my daughter I still talked to him. I know it isn't the same and you obviously have more of an experience with living together while divorcing. I think Jessica went straight to that conclusion becuase she knows more than she was telling the police possibly. She felt in her heart of hearts that something was very very wrong. Just as I did my co-worker was missing."

We said the same thing at the same time.

LOL Stillblv - I noticed that too. You know what they say about great minds LOL

Per another thread on this board, the next time the Wake County grand jury meets is Monday, July 28. I would expect the police to get an indictment in the morning, make the arrest by noon, and press conference in the afternoon.

After the case is presented (usually takes only 5-10 minutes) there is a lot of paperwork....An arrest warrant has to be drawn up and signed by a judge. I predict an arrest in the late afternoon or early evening.

Also, look for Mr Blum to arrange a low profile 'surrender'......

I don't agree with the thought that dumping the body where it was found was done so because they would never find it. They were bound to find it there since they are building new homes there.

I don't agree with the thought that dumping the body where it was found was done so because they would never find it. They were bound to find it there since they are building new homes there.

Yep. She was left in hurry, IMO.

Ahh good point but from the way it looked in the photos - building would be a long time coming. Even though she would be found eventually, Brad was thinking the heat would be off him by then and the police would chalk it up to unsolved or an abduction by someone else. Again this is just a theory - just an opinion.

Do we know yet what she was wearing when found? I sure wish I knew. All I've read was "very little clothing".

Ahh good point but from the way it looked in the photos - building would be a long time coming. Even though she would be found eventually, Brad was thinking the heat would be off him by then and the police would chalk it up to unsolved or an abduction by someone else. Again this is just a theory - just an opinion.

Do we know yet what she was wearing when found? I sure wish I knew. All I've read was "very little clothing".

No doubt he dressed her corpse in her running gear....what a chilling thought

See I don't agree with this either. I don't see why they would have to wait for this date to make an arrest if they have enough to arrest him now. Doesn't make sense to me. That is saying you know he did it but will not do anything until that date...gives him a chance to run or what ever. They can hold him with out bail if they have evidence so I don't see why the would ever wait to pull a murderer off the street.

d99gr81,

I think most likely they aren't concerned with pulling Brad off the street because the only person he wanted dead is dead.

I believe they are waiting to make sure they have everything they need to go before the GJ and get a solid indictment and know that they have a solid case. Police in Wake County work very closely with out DA - and he's a damned fine DA. So they trust him very much. If he says wait you can bet the Cary Police are going to wait. I would bet a million bucks that the police know his every move though.

See I don't agree with this either. I don't see why they would have to wait for this date to make an arrest if they have enough to arrest him now. Doesn't make sense to me. That is saying you know he did it but will not do anything until that date...gives him a chance to run or what ever. They can hold him with out bail if they have evidence so I don't see why the would ever wait to pull a murderer off the street.

I agree w/ this. We see arrests prior to Grand Jury indictments all of the time.

I would imagine if Brad is LE's suspect, they are watching him. For that matter they could have easily attached a GPS to those vehicles during execution of the search warrants. Knowing where he is is not a problem. Running will do him no good.

Once they arrest, this person is entittled to a speedy trial. If this person's lawyer goes to a judge and demands this option and the DA is not prepared, it is better for the suspect. At this point, LE has some evidence but all the forensics are not done and the autopsy report is not even done. No DA in their right mind is going to go for an arrest until as you say - they have the evidence necessary to prosecute and prosecute properly - they only get one chance.

Once a suspect is arrested - the DA is required to begin turning over evidence the minute this happens. IMO this is not going to happen. Without a confession or witnesses I would be extremely surprised to see an arrest in this case before two months because of the above mentioned items.

d99gr81,

I think most likely they aren't concerned with pulling Brad off the street because the only person he wanted dead is dead.

I believe they are waiting to make sure they have everything they need to go before the GJ and get a solid indictment and know that they have a solid case. Police in Wake County work very closely with out DA - and he's a damned fine DA. So they trust him very much. If he says wait you can bet the Cary Police are going to wait. I would bet a million bucks that the police know his every move though.

IMO, you'd think they'd want to pull him off the streets just to be sure that he wouldn't hurt anyone else. Would you want to be in the DA's shoes if he said wait and then BC did in fact hurt someone else? I don't know that they'd want to risk that if they do have enough evidence to arrest now. Remember the county snafus w/ the Eve Carson case.

Originally posted by TopsailGirl
think he took her to the isolated spot because he KNEW everyone was going to search her normal routes. He was HOPING she would never be found. He is chitting his pants right now that she was found so quickly - I'll bet anything that was not in his little plan. This is just my opinion of course. I just think he put her where he did in hopes she would never be located and animals/wildlife would do away with her.

I respectfully disagree.

I think he panicked and took her to the closest place that was within the general area of where she may have jogged, where he'd have easy access and where she wouldn't immediately be found. If he wanted her to never be found, there's the bottom down on Holly Springs Rd. where Swift Creek crosses, which though I haven't been there in a few years, it used to be kind of swampy from seasonal floods. And, there's countless other bottoms and/or virginal land all around the area (there's a road that used to be dirt and may still be, which goes between Sunset Lake and Ten-Ten near a Cary sewage plant; there's a dead end by the nighttime golf course, very near the Adams and within easy range; there's just lots and lots of nearby places where she might not have been found for years, if ever)

It sounds from the second 911 call and from what I've seen of the area that the body wasn't well-hidden. They're going to build houses in that area; I'm sure it's been surveyed, but I don't know that Brad would've known it. During construction, workers are prone to wander around a feature like a runoff pond, as they wait for supplies or inspections; Carpenters are going to need a place to urinate; Eventually, somebody is going to clean any trash that washes into the low spot during construction and most likely, when the area is finished, they're going to take out the silt fence. (Lochmere had silt fence during construction, but there's not any left, for sure.)

I think that he just got lucky that it wasn't until Monday evening, somebody went down that cul-de-sac and in fact, if any realtors had showed any of the lots during the course of Monday day, they probably would've lost a sale.

IMHO

IMO, you'd think they'd want to pull him off the streets just to be sure that he wouldn't hurt anyone else. Would you want to be in the DA's shoes if he said wait and then BC did in fact hurt someone else? I don't know that they'd want to risk that if they do have enough evidence to arrest now. Remember the county snafus w/ the Eve Carson case.

Absolutely understand your thoughts. Eve Carson's case is/was not handled by Wake County DA Colon Willoughby. That's a whole other county. As I said - in MY opinion the only prson BradCooper wanted dead IS dead. You can be sure his whereabouts are known 100% of the time.

Absolutely understand your thoughts. Eve Carson's case is/was not handled by Wake County DA Colon Willoughby. That's a whole other county. As I said - in MY opinion the only prson BradCooper wanted dead IS dead. You can be sure his whereabouts are known 100% of the time.

No, Eve Carson's case is not, but Atwater was in Wake Co. court 2 days before her murder and walked out of the court room.

ETA link to this info: http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/2573861/

Magister,

I don't know very much about Holly Springs Road or the Swift Creek area of Cary so I can't give an opinion about where would be a place to dump or not. You really do have me contemplating my thoughts, though. :waitasec: What you're saying makes sense. It is possible that Brad didn't know about the areas you mentioned too and just dumped her the first place he could. Who knows, maybe he was just driving around and said this looks like a good spot and dumped her. It would look very different at night and he may not have realized just how "open" the area was. Very very good points about the construction workers and things like that. As I said you're starting to sway me LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie