NY NY - Mark Schwartz, 50, & Christina Petrowski, 48, Brooklyn, 16 July 2008

I haven't heard anything about it. Not even on the local news.

Schwartz also lays out $25,000 for each of two friends - Steven Rezac and Peter Klages - but cautions them not to tell their spouses.

"This gift is conditioned upon each of them not telling their respective wives of said gift so they may not get their hands on same," Schwartz decreed.

I guess spouses know now
belvanim2jx.gif

:waitasec:Sad their families had so much hatered.

Why not leave a positive legacy rather than spewing hatred? I don't know if this will is sad or cowardly. They should have written their family letters or told them these things to their faces so they at least had the opportunity to respond.

I guess spouses know now
belvanim2jx.gif

Yes, but those friends aren't getting the money. I believe NY does not allow holographic (unsigned) wills, so their estates would be devised under the laws of intestacy, which means it all goes to their children in equal shares.

So the husband says in a draft to his brother:
"So, Robert, you have a choice, you can come to my grave site to say hello out of love or piss on me for not giving you money."

then decides this:

In several drafts, Schwartz lays out his wish to be outfitted in scuba gear "and cast over the side of a vessel into the ocean where my body may rest undisturbed by any person in the deep."

So I guess now Robert has to tinkle off the side of a boat..

strange bird!

I think it's quite funny. I shall be drawing up a will, soon, too...just to make sure the people I do not wish to inherit do not! =)

Well, hey, when you're going through a divorce and soon to be ex is beneficiary...yeah...will be making some changes =)

Truthful Lies, why be so full of hate (whether you personally or this couple)? So you die and head for heaven. The good Lord thinks about the prayer he taught us - "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us". He takes a look at your will and how vindictive it is. He thinks, "This person's dying act was to be spiteful and unforgiving. No way they can expect forgiveness from me."

I think it is sad to use your last will and testament as a way of evening up scores. How much nicer it would be to use it as a way of healing wounds.

I speak as someone who has been on the receiving end of this. Me, my brothers and sisters were cut out of our grandfather's will. Why? We never did him any harm. The reason is, I think, he resented the fact my late father (his son) did not stay in the factory like him but educated himself and got a better job.

I don't care about the money (since his will was invalid for other reasons, it turns out we are entitled to our share anyway, but I don't really want it, knowing he did not want us to have any). I don't even feel angry or resentful towards him. I just feel sad that he thought he could use his will to "get his own back" as it makes it difficult to remember my grandfather with the fondness I felt towards him while he was alive.

I think it's possible they just wrote these wills together as a "get-it-off-your-chest" sort of thing. Hence, no signatures or formal filing.

If so, then poor things! They may have just been having wicked fun together and died with that left behind as their legacy!

From April 2012:

http://www.brooklyndaily.com/stories/2012/15/mm_schwartzsentencing_2012_04_13_bk.html

A suspect in an unsolved 2008 slaying of two married Marine Park attorneys was sentenced to 15 years in prison last week after pleading guilty to helping the murdered couple bilk more than $1 million from their hapless clients — a plea arrangement that outraged homicide detectives who believe the convicted con man had gunned the victims down in their beds.

“Delvicario’s fraud arrest didn’t bring us any closer to who did the killing,” one police source told this paper. “But I guess everyone has their priorities”...

No one has ever been arrested for the double murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back