Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
COME ON, PEOPLE, LETS' TAKE SOME ACTION! (see bottom of this post).

I totally agree that LE is *accidently* keeping these murderers running free in our society.

They are protecting them from capture by keeping the types of guns they used COMPLETELY SECRET.

In the meantime, these psychos have probably already killed MORE innocent people. And they'll most assuredly kill other children.

There were 2 different caliber of guns used to murder these little girls. What kind of guns were they? They won't tell you! That police spokeswoman at the press conference the other day said it right, "Someone out there knows something."

Yes, probably several people who unwittingly know the murderers are aware they own these 2 murder weapons. But since police are keeping their specific gun sizes TOTALLY SECRET, these acquaintances don't think to turn them in!

That's a Bozo no-no! :devil:

PUBLIC: The best way to get the cops to act on cases like this is to contact the MEDIA. They put the most pressure on law enforcement which will result in real action.

WRITE A LETTER TO THE EDITOR NOW! Here's a link to one of the biggest Oklahoma web news sites, NewsOK.com (the 'Letters to the Editor' section. Scroll all the way to the bottom!);
http://newsok.com/more/articles/?rss...ws.xml?id=1045

COME ON, PEOPLE, LETS' TAKE SOME ACTION! (see bottom of this post).

I totally agree that LE is *accidently* keeping these murderers running free in our society.

They are protecting them from capture by keeping the types of guns they used COMPLETELY SECRET.

In the meantime, these psychos have probably already killed MORE innocent people. And they'll most assuredly kill other children.

There were 2 different caliber of guns used to murder these little girls. What kind of guns were they? They won't tell you! That police spokeswoman at the press conference the other day said it right, "Someone out there knows something."

Yes, probably several people who unwittingly know the murderers are aware they own these 2 murder weapons. But since police are keeping their specific gun sizes TOTALLY SECRET, these acquaintances don't think to turn them in!
snip
I would like to know the gun types and calibers but not because I believe these guns are being used to kill other people. Bullet casings and bullets were recovered in this case and OSBI/LE would know if the guns had been used before in a murder, or if they had been used again in another murder. I don't want the info released out of fear, but so that someone who unwittingly had obtained information on the killers based on the disappearance of said guns, or the appearance of said guns, or someone suddenly getting rid of guns could report the information to LE.

Unless it was a young person using Dad's guns, or the guns have a strong meaning for the killer(s), I think the guns used in this murder are currently at the bottom of a local lake - I don' think even the dumbest killer(s) would hang on to these particular guns KNOWING they can link the directly to these murders. If the killer(s) want to kill again, they won't do it with these guns, they'll just go and buy (or steal) another set of hot "throw away" guns. The killer(s) had plenty of time and yet they left a pile of bullet casings in the road, they didn't care if LE found them WHY? - they had no intention of having these guns long enough to get caught with them.

So yes, I think we should encourage (politely) OSBI to release more information on the guns (and the autopsies). A polite, logical, well thought out letter outlining the reasons we feel such information would be helpful and stating we are still highly motivated to find the POI and/or the killer(s) would be the best way to communicate our interest and our continuing support for all LE who are working to solve this case. I would never suggest OSBI is just being proprietary OR that they don't take getting these weapons of the street seriously - all that will do is get the letter filed under "crackpots". The way to get OSBI to take such a request seriously is to approach them with respect and invite them to give the public more information that could prove to be valuable tool for associates and family members to use in identifying possible POI's in the case.

I would communicate FIRST with the OSBI and the Okfuskee County Sheriff by mail (registered if possible) and follow that letter up with a COPY of the letter (and proof of receipt) to several media (TV and print) outlets in the area - National (Greta Nancy, et al), Oklahoma City AND Tulsa. It's always better to hand media justification to approach LE with a question (such as why are you not responding to all these legitimate requests?) than to just write a letter ranting about how they should put heat on OSBI and Local LE to talk about the guns and other evidence. Usually the media will respond and turn up the heat on ALL the LE working on a case IF it comes with a guaranteed ratings grabbing "hook" they can exploit easily like "the public is outraged". If we give the media the whole thing wrapped in a nice, tidy, easy package they are much more likely to pursue it.

My Opinion

"the public is outraged" My Opinion

While I'm not in Weleetka, somehow I have the feeling that the outrage is not present like it should be. Could this be because many in Weleetka are economically disadvantaged and don't have enough influence to pressure OSBI? However, even nationally this story doesn't seem to have the front page presence equal to that of the Elizabeth Smart or Jessica Lundsford cases.

Maybe the outrage should be that people aren't outraged.

The handling of this case by LE is nothing short an embarrassment.
Shame on you OSBI!!!

If only some renegade reporter would pick up on this and do an extensive research into the backgrounds of relatives of the victims and the drug and gang history in that area.

The media follows what they think the public will find interesting. Their job is to sell newspapers, radio or television to the public. You can bet that if the public is vitally interested in a case it will get coverage. The public loses interest in a story when there are no new facts coming out. If some startling new fact were to come out in this case there would be a renewed interest from the public and then renewed media attention. Maggie

The media follows what they think the public will find interesting. Their job is to sell newspapers, radio or television to the public. You can bet that if the public is vitally interested in a case it will get coverage. The public loses interest in a story when there are no new facts coming out. If some startling new fact were to come out in this case there would be a renewed interest from the public and then renewed media attention. Maggie

Unfortunately, this is true!

I try not to be too impatient but this case worries me.

I highly doubt this is a fingerprint or DNA case so they need to solve this case using old fashioned investigating skills. Which means people skills. Knocking on doors, talking to people, listening to people, and most important making people in the community feel comfortable and confident with LE. Does anybody get the impression this is happening?

Now that you have stopped laughing, seriously, have you seen any evidence of people skills?

I also doubt this was a random act. There most likely is a connection with someone the girls knew or a connection through the families. I tend to think the connection was through the families. Which means one or more people in the families knows something. And if you don't have that info by week 8, why would you get it at week 12 or 16? And if someone in one of the families knows then somebody outside of the family probably knows something. An event that could have caused enough anger to kill two little girls could not have happened in a vacuum.

5 shots to the body, 1 to the head
I just finished watching a 1993 movie titled The Young Americans. It takes place in London, where an American drug lord recruits young innocent people without any arrest records, to do his dirty work. If he thinks they might talk to the cops he has them killed, each one has 5 shots to the body, 1 to the head . That's his signature. :eek:

I posted this on the previous thread, but bumping it over here with corrections and clarification. I have never heard of this "5 to the body, 1 to the head" until Weleetka. Wondering if that is some type of signature or meaning in the drug world?

An early article said, "It's an active area for people to throw from the bridge, shoot from the bridge."
Maybe the person who killed the girls had shot from the bridge before, the police found matching bullets beneath the bridge, and that makes them think it's a local.

An early article said, "It's an active area for people to throw from the bridge, shoot from the bridge."
Maybe the person who killed the girls had shot from the bridge before, the police found matching bullets beneath the bridge, and that makes them think it's a local.
Under the bridge is water - a fairly large creek. It would be impossible to recover ANY bullets shot from the bridge into the creek (or at objects in or floating on the water). Unless OSBI has some magic powers to halt the water flow while they dig around in 100 years of muck for a week or two, there are no recoverable bullets IN Bad Creek under the bridge. There are several photos and videos of agents, CSI and the "ammunition" sniffing dog on the banks of the creek near the bridge - but there are no reports of any bullets or casings being recovered in that location that were related to the crime. The OSBI spent DAYS walking and mapping and using a metal detector on the entire area and then went up in helicopters for several days to survey the scene from the air. As was pointed out, they even brought in a special dog to find any bullets or casings they might have missed. I think they have covered the scene as well as it can be covered.

I don't think the killer(s) were on that road target shooting and I don't believe they are "locals" either - as in active members of the local community. I still believe this was a "hit" and I don't think anyone local knows the killer(s). I think the killer(s) are associates of the Placker extended family and they have been "around" the family - even been to their house on County Line Road - but they aren't "local". OSBI is right - SOMEBODY does know who did this - and OSBI may also know who did this...PROVING IT may be the problem. I think the OSBI played that tape to get to some very specific people close to the killers to try and guilt them into coming forward. And the OSBI sure isn't going to play their hand until they are SURE they can end the game. They obviously don't want their suspects to know they are hot on their trail, they just want to "suggest" they know something to keep pushing them and their buddies - if you make their friends nervous, you make them nervous and edgy... and you keep working the periphery of their lives - making the circle smaller and smaller in the hope they will get desperate - make a run for it, commit another crime or lose it and P-off someone who KNOWS who and why and will talk given the right incentive.

Depending on how "bad" and how connected the killers are, their wives/girlfriends/buddies may NOT be willing to talk unless they themselves face charges or they are offered a deal and safety. I think this may be where OSBI is headed with all of this. This may be far bigger than two dead girls, this could be a HUGE organization and OSBI wants to make sure they can deal that group a killing blow the 1st time they strike. And THIS is why the families know NOTHING - why would OSBI give THEM information that could get passed along thru them to the suspects - better to let them (And the public) think the case is going cold and they are inept - and then hit with no warning - and hopefully shut down the whole ugly bunch on drugs, guns, stolen goods etc WHILE scooping up a couple of people on a murder warrant.... along with a half-dozen of their closest friends - one of whom just might want a "get out of jail free" card and start talking.

My Opinion

My Dear Dear FlowerChild.. You are something else.. kudos to you . If ever there was someone who could put my thoughts into words it is you.

You have it all summed up there perfect. Thank You.
As in like I am sure you have enough to do already but may I nominate you if the time comes & we need to send a letter to someone re this case.
Your Fan
GetSmart

:gold_crown:

I am a long time lurker and first time poster on websleuths. I have been trying to get on and finally found a way through my verizon system. I posted these same comments on topix a couple days ago, but wanted to bring them over here for any additional input. This is in response to the following posted by flowerchild:

Originally Posted by FlowerChild
I found "baby cousin Nita"

Not sure which Placker/Paschal is related to Lanita Sue Bateman AKA "Baby Cousin Nita" From Linda K Placker's Web Site
http://v4mp-b1tch.tripod.com/id14.html

but Lanita a CONVICTED MURDERER IN PRISON FOR LIFE
and the crime was Gang Related thru Nita's Boyfriend Zjaiton Wood (Life Sentence) and his brother Tremaine (Tremane) Wood (Death Sentence)
It occurred in Oklahoma City, Jan 1, 2001 - Lanita was 18 years old.

Lanita Sue Bateman AKA "Baby Cousin Nita" (BD 1/12/1982)

Murder 1st Degree (sentenced to life 6-11-03)
also guilty of robbery with a firearm, conspiracy to commit a felony
http://docapp065p.doc.state.ok.us/se...7&imageindex=2
About The Murder
http://www.oscn.net/applications/osc...?citeid=448920
Zjaiton Wood Lanita's Boyfriend and Co-Defendant Now Serving LWOP
http://docapp065p.doc.state.ok.us/se...1&imageindex=3
Tremaine Wood Lanita's Co-Defendant Now On Death Row
http://docapp065p.doc.state.ok.us/se...9&imageindex=7

If anybody can figure out how "Nita" is Linda's cousin and what Gang Affiliation the Wood Bros have/had that would be great - I have read/researched myself blind finding all of this.

From the day my daughter notified me that the news station she works for had reported this story, I began doing all the family history criminal background stuff. The one sight that kept coming back to me was Linda Kaye Placker's website with the inmate pictures and strange poems. I couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to this family story and it was right there staring me in the face. When I saw the post from Flowerchild, it all kind of came back to me. I looked up her link on Nita's boyfriend, ZJAITON T WOOD, and noticed all the tats on his body. The ones that stood out were the clowns. Earlier on WS, PGW posted about clown pictures in the guestbook at the funeral. There was some speculation about what that could mean and some possible affiliation to the insane clown posse. This is a gang with a violent history. Also on Linda Kaye Placker's web site, she has a tab for friends poems.

http://v4mp-b1tch.tripod.com/id14.html

There are some poems by "Dark Angel". I searched around myspace and found a dark angel that might be the same one Linda Kaye is referring to. Interestingly enough, when I looked at his pics, I noticed that he is a member of the "insane clown posse".

Flowerchild, you impress me over and over again with your ability to see beyond the norm and separate emotion from fact. This killing was, in my opinion, a hit and probably a retaliation. The gang ties, including the bandidos, continue to haunt me.

Like many of you, I can't stop thinking about this case, it consumes me.. so many unanswered questions.. believing the LE, OSBI and FBI know so much more but can't share it yet. I will rest more peacefully when this case is solved and I pray often that the truth will be revealed.
:behindbar

FlowerChild, I definitely agree with you about the background of the killers. However, I'm more pessimistic on OSBI. I don't think OSBI has a clue. Releasing part of the phone call IMO would not prey on the conscience of hardened gang members or their associates - male or female. With today's internet the killers are not stupid; they know the case hasn't gone cold - maybe in a couple of years but not yet. In fact, they could very well be monitoring our conversation or Topix.

Okie ties.. It is nice to have you here. I would also like to say.. boy did you do your homework. Thank you for your input.
:Welcome-12-june:

Okie ties.. It is nice to have you here. I would also like to say.. boy did you do your homework. Thank you for your input.
:Welcome-12-june:

Thank you so much. I have always been obsessed with google, but this case fueled my passion for using the internet and all it's data for good. I have read all of your posts getsmart and am a big fan of your insight. Keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell